User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Ah yes, my weak Se* skills have once again failed me. There is apparently a pre-existing thread regarding a topic as "unique" as this. Too bad...

*search engine
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Michael?! An ENFJ?! Why that's just...umm...oh...God, he is one of us, isn't he? Where was the clan when he got the license? Don't we monitor these things anymore!? Is it just anybody that can be an ENFJ now? WTFridge Midge?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

You don't think he exudes the ENFJ aura? He's always looking to be friends with everyone, always seeing the potential in the company and his employees, strives for group harmony, easily hurt by conflict, craves to be the center of attention, loves to have others confide in him, and absolutely judges himself based on the company he keeps (no pun intended). He's also stupid, tactless, and rude. Was that too long?

(that's what she said)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    Rare, because I believe though we may be awesome in real life

You sure you are an ENFJ?, jk. I think ENFJs would be great to watch on TV. What makes them boring on TV? Also, I think unhealthy types probably make the most entertaining types as well when the character is fictional.

I think that really healthy versions of people are just boring to watch, because they are unrelated. Most of us have some kind of flaw or problem, and seeing someone act perfect just usually isn't as relatable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

IMO: I think Micheal Scott is more of an ESFP. Holly seems more ENFJ.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    You sure you are an ENFJ?, jk. I think ENFJs would be great to watch on TV. What makes them boring on TV? Also, I think unhealthy types probably make the most entertaining types as well when the character is fictional.

I think that really healthy versions of people are just boring to watch, because they are unrelated. Most of us have some kind of flaw or problem, and seeing someone act perfect just usually isn't as relatable.
    Conflicts and flawed individuals are very attractive for entertainment purposes, which is why the (ok, healthy) ENFJ is unsuitable for television. We seek harmony with others, we seek to hide our flaws through people camouflage...the same old boring stuff. That's why they killed "New Brian" off in Family Guy, who is without a doubt an ENFJ:

YouTube - Family Guy - New Cool Whip

Though I would agree...an unhealthy, manipulative ENFJ would definitely be worth the watch:

YouTube - Death of New Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    IMO: I think Micheal Scott is more of an ESFP. Holly seems more ENFJ.
    Really? What makes you say that?

The first episode that introduced Holly made me wonder if she was ENFJ too, but I've only seen that one episode.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

I see your point, but you know the "straight man (or women)" is always the foundation of a comedy team. I bet you a healthy ENFJ would be perfect for this role, even if they didn't get the credit they deserved.

Perhaps the idea a healthy ENFJ is not entertaining is more due to a social bias, than something inherent in the ENFJ. There are probably cultures in the world that would find healthy ENFJs endlessly entertaining.

Not trying to argue, just something that popped into my head when I read your post, which I agree with btw.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Even if you were arguing a case, it's always nice to hear what the other side thinks.

Your concept of the "straight man" is interesting; will you elaborate on this idea? Are there any specific fictional characters that you had in mind?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    Conflicts and flawed individuals are very attractive for entertainment purposes, which is why the (ok, healthy) ENFJ is unsuitable for television.
    Agreed. The only way to get a healthy ENFJ into a TV show and make it work is to pair him up with a screwball comic relief character that he has to near-constantly clean up after.

This was how The Andy Griffith Show set up each episode. Andy was the guy who always knew what to say and what to do to resolve a matter quickly. That kind of character is lethal to any story; he'd stop the problem before it has a chance to start. So he is kept busy with other things while his screwball deputy raises hell around town, and then given control of the situation within the last ten minutes of the episode. Andy wraps things up using his people skills, the excitement winds down, and Mayberry resets itself for the next episode.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Rob in High Fidelity (+ many other John Cusack characters)
    Jesse in Before Sunrise / Sunset
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe