User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    The source you chose wasn't really the best, but I think you're right . I just watched the speech again. He's definitely an I, and his overuse of metaphors makes me think INFJ (though the preaching language was intentional for effect with the speech).

Anyway my point stands about ENFPs, we can go that way sometimes and go the other way sometimes.
    haha, you're right! I was just a bit lazy to research it thoroughly.

Yeah, it's cool that ENFPs use Fi to stand up for their values even to the detriment of the group. That's why sometimes I wish I had Fi instead of Fe. My Fe sometimes makes me become a doormat for what others believe as opposed to knowing what I truly believe on a certain matter. I guess it's about finding the right balance in any of the respectable cognitive processes.

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    haha, you're right! I was just a bit lazy to research it thoroughly.

Yeah, it's cool that ENFPs use Fi to stand up for their values even to the detriment of the group. That's why sometimes I wish I had Fi instead of Fe. My Fe sometimes makes me become a doormat for what others believe as opposed to knowing what I truly believe on a certain matter. I guess it's about finding the right balance in any of the respectable cognitive processes.
    Fi can make you more of a doormat because you have to cross it somewhere to move into action. Crossing social rules, customs, etc. is no problem but dealing out anything that hurts people is almost like doing it to yourself. Part of the reason why I related to MLK. After all that had been done to the Negros he was looking for best case for everyone. To kick them in the head, like part of him was probably thinking, was not that satisfying. Fi and Fe can be so similar in what they achieve, but are so different as processes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Fi will stand up for their values at the detriment of the group, but so will Fe. The difference is that Fe is more likely to want to change the opinions of those around them -- they want to see tangible change towards their own feeling sentiment. Fe is not about blindly agreeing. Fe's goal is to agree (just like Te's goal for order), yes, but unless they're extremely unhealthy, they'll have their own opinions. Thinking Fe people always agree (or pretend to) is like thinking Te people are always in an orderly environment (or they pretend it's orderly).

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Fi will stand up for their values at the detriment of the group, but so will Fe. The difference is that Fe is more likely to want to change the opinions of those around them -- they want to see tangible change towards their own feeling sentiment. Fe is not about blindly agreeing. Fe's goal is to agree (just like Te's goal for order), yes, but unless they're extremely unhealthy, they'll have their own opinions. Thinking Fe people always agree (or pretend to) is like thinking Te people are always in an orderly environment (or they pretend it's orderly).
    haha thank you for that clarification. I will admit that my Fe is probably not the most healthy and because of that I sometimes tend to let people tear apart my argument and let it slide by conforming to the group's ideas just for the sake of avoiding conflict (being a doormat). It depends on if something REALLY matters to me for me to go against the group but I hate to do that unless I believe its absolutely necessary. Does that have more to do with being enneagram 9w1 than having Fe?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I am so blind to my own emotional state that I actually have depended on feedback from others to tell me how I'm feeling.
    thats tertiary Fe for ya.
    or Fe in general.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

haha thank you for that clarification. I will admit that my Fe is probably not the most healthy and because of that I sometimes tend to let people tear apart my argument and let it slide by conforming to the group's ideas just for the sake of avoiding conflict (being a doormat). It depends on if something REALLY matters to me for me to go against the group but I hate to do that unless I believe its absolutely necessary. Does that have more to do with being enneagram 9w1 than having Fe?
    Yes. Much more of an enneagram 9 thing. (I do that too to some extent...)

I know plenty of Fe people that are pretty bossy with their opinions, as much as Te people even.

P.S. What's your type?

Glycerine

INFJ!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ!
    Ah. I'm a 9w1 INFJ too.

Our compulsive need for harmony probably has more to do with Ni than Fe -- Ni strives to keep the "abstract environment" constant and predictable -- we want the environment in-line with our idea of how we think things should be. The Fe just makes decisions that implement the vision, and the only way it knows is to talk and try to reach consensus.

A scared INFJ may sacrifice the outer world basically and just use a fake version of Fe because it's easier and doesn't put their Ni vision in danger (aka placating everyone all the time). But they'll never be happy because their vision doesn't match their environment. A healthier INFJ will use Fe to convince those around them to accept their vision or to create a new environment in which the vision will more closely correspond to external reality.

The healthiest INFJ will place themselves in an environment in which Ni visions can constantly be cultivated and implemented via relationships they have with others(Fe).

Glycerine

Ah. I'm a 9w1 INFJ too.

Our compulsive need for harmony probably has more to do with Ni than Fe -- Ni strives to keep the "abstract environment" constant and predictable -- we want the environment in-line with our idea of how we think things should be. The Fe just makes decisions that implement the vision, and the only way it knows is to talk and try to reach consensus.

A scared INFJ may sacrifice the outer world basically and just use a fake version of Fe because it's easier and doesn't put their Ni vision in danger (aka placating everyone all the time). But they'll never be happy because their vision doesn't match their environment. A healthier INFJ will use Fe to convince those around them to accept their vision or to create a new environment in which the vision will more closely correspond to external reality.

The healthiest INFJ will place themselves in an environment in which Ni visions can constantly be cultivated and implemented via relationships they have with others(Fe).
    This definitely sounds a lot like me. Your posts always tend to wow me with their insight.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Interesting. Never thought of it that way. Helps further sort out feelings that seemed like Fi .
    Now, the NFP's are usually associated with "championing causes". So is this more about changing people's opinions, or is it just changing behavior and policy, regardless of whether the people's opinions are changed? (I for some reason thought Fi would be the one to try to change others opinions).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas