ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Poor you!!

Poor me!!!

Poor everybody!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

turn on your radio and you'll be bombarded by NF.

most people are in search of relationships and NFs are the ones best capable of appreciating them!

NFs are great parents

NFs are great lovers

NFs don't get caught up in the silly things NTs get caught up in

being an NF is a good life, everybody loves you guys.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    turn on your radio and you'll be bombarded by NF.

most people are in search of relationships and NFs are the ones best capable of appreciating them!

NFs are great parents

NFs are great lovers

Apparently someone forgot to send you the memo, we, NF's, happen to be our own worst enemies.

We are attracted to focusing on both our personal as well as perceived societal shortcomings and we're determined to improve ourselves and the worlds in which we live.

We thrive off of struggle.

Now, what I really need is to get me some of that good cold NT apathy!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

Apparently someone forgot to send you the memo, we, NF's, happen to be are our own worst enemies.
    Now that is definitely true, but I can't quit allocate that to NFs exclusively just yet. On the quest of self realization isn't everyone their own worse enemy?

We are attracted to focusing on both our personal as well as perceived societal shortcomings and we're determined to improve ourselves and the worlds in which we live.
    Okay, the focus on societal shortcomings might be a little bit of a pain which I have certainly never felt, so I'll give you that one. But NTs suffer from a serious lack of awareness of those same things, which probably causes us just as much trouble as your hyper awareness does.

At least when you find people who really care for you you don't have to worry about societal shortcomings, the obliviousness to people's feelings I have will screw with me no matter what I do. (excepting hermithood, which would kill me.)

We thrive off of struggle.
    I thrive off conflict, big deal.

Now, what I really need is to get me some of that good cold NT apathy!!!

Now, what I really need is that good warm NT ability to be genuinely happy!!!
    :redface:

MBTI
    INFP

I fail to see how this is going to make NFs any more valued in society.

No, they get caught up in completely different (and often less lucrative) silly things.

Bullshit. The world is run by ESTJs who tend to dislike NFs almost as much as NTs, and accord them less respect. Try being an NF male in a western society. Unless you live in France, you're going to have a pretty shitty time. NTs have so many positive stereotypes they can fit into (maybe less so for the ladies), and we all know how SJs love stereotypes. Logic and rationality are esteemed far above all manifestations of emotionality and values in Western culture.

MBTI
    INTJ

Who gives a shit if society values you, you can still find people who will value you.

NFs can be contented and NTs can't.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I really don't think feelers get the short stick from society....

AND

Who gives a shit if society values you...
    Are you just trolling or have you forgotten what your original point was?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Hm.

I had forgotten my point.

But it's possible for societie's rules to work for Fs (which they do) while still not getting any respect.

If NFs can come to a point where they aren't bothered by the SJ's feelings towards them then there's some nice possibilities for them.

MBTI
    INFP

But it's possible for societie's rules to work for Fs (which they do) while still not getting any respect.
    Possible, but not as likely. Are you more likely to eg employ/promote someone you respect, or someone you don't?

If NFs can come to a point where they aren't bothered by the SJ's feelings towards them then there's some nice possibilities for them.
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. Maybe you could give me some specific examples of where society's rules favour Fs over Ts? The issue isn't so much about how NFs feel about what SJs think of them as how SJs' feelings about them will affect how they get treated.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Looking back at a recent conversation where I asked advice of a friend, I think this may illustrate some of the frustration non-Fi folk have with us.

They made a recommendation that would make sense based on the circumstances I related to them, but in spite of the recommendation making sense and seeming like the logical practical thing to do, it just felt wrong to me due to how important certain things are to me (I'm not even sure if I could call it a value based issue either, its just "what feels like the right thing to do") that others may not see the same way. Their response to that was to the effect of "thats a good value to have, but don't you see how its holding you back and keeping you from finding what you want", and in my mind I was thinking "yes, I can see that, but you don't understand how important this is to me to follow through despite it not making sense - I need to follow what I feel to be right for me even if its actually wrong for me". Essentialy my sense of honor and right/wrong about somethign outweighed the practical benefits that following sensible advice should theoretically lead to.