• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Putting myself out there (ENTP)

Permabanned
Hi!

Congrats on your new shinny high from an old typology myth profound enlightenment. Feel free to come back in 10, no 5 years, heck, less than 2, and tell us how it worked out for you.
This is such an earnest and moving sharing. The INFJ's will be so lucky to have someone like you at their disposal.

Jadedrain

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I don't think I reached enlightenment but I do think I gained empathy greater than what I had before. It felt enlightening, but honestly I didn't think I would get anything from this. Just putting myself out there.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, dude! It's good you know what you want. My advice would be to keep all of that in mind, then just meet people and see what happens. Life rarely turns out exactly according to someone's plan. So, when you do meet someone, you can see them for who they are and work together to create something that works for you both rather than just seeing how she fits into your master plan. Best of luck, and welcome!

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's a wonderful and well articulated, introspective post, it's awesome you've put yourself out there in such a way, not many people have the confidence to withstand the criticism and judgements others may have. Making a flippant comment is easy for all and safe but putting yourself out there to be judged is tough so props to you for that.

With that said, it's my true and honest feeling that ENTPs are more than wasted on INFJs, for them a type like the INFP is much easier to project onto which is why they so commonly date them. I don't think the INFJ requires nor desires the level of loyalty, communication, nor transparency that an ENTP does. I do think INFJs are very loyal to friends and partners when things are easy but when they get tough, their only loyalty is to themselves.

I'm not bashing a type simply pointing out the weaknesses I see in the match. I have a lot of INFJ friends in real life but at the end of the day I feel ENTP/INFJ equals an enlightening, wonderful, life affirming friendship not romantic relationship.

Seek out a type better able to deal with the ENTP brand of communication, expression and so on as well as a type that wants love more than the fear of having it. INTP, ENFP, ENTP come to mind and I wouldn't discount the xSTPs either for that matter. With an ENFP you get a very good communicator (naturally) and somebody that wants to be see by their partner. INFJs don't really want to ever be seen, Isaac Newton for example invented calculus but kept it to himself for 20 years!

If you do choose to move forward on the INFJ front remember these things:

1) If you experience ANY push/pull end things, it's a sign of an unhealthy INFJ.

2) If you want to be a stay at home dad and be with an INFJ choose an Enneagram 5 INFJ or one that has done a lot of self work and has integrated her work into her mental health needs. If you don't, she will resent you eventually.

3) Don't chase, be yourself, put yourself out there and leave it at that, a healthy INFJ will open doors of communication or at the very least maintain them after you do.

God speed good sir!

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
PS ENTPs make good parents, I think we do better with older kids but ENTPs offer a very good and well balanced parenting perspective to many other types. I love being a dad and you sound like you would make a good father as well.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=20626]Jadedrain[/MENTION]I think it's great that you want to be a stay at home dad. Also, I do hope you find all you are wishing for. Please keep [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]'s advice in mind. It's good advice.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone else picture him dressed up as the safari dude from Jumanji?

600px-jumanjiusas.jpg

It's good to know what you want, but I'm not sure what sort of responses you expect to get from this. Total stranger jumping into a community with little else but his personal laundrylist & self-advertisement. Just seems rather forced, to be honest. Like you need a someone, any someone, to fill a void.

In any event, good luck with your, err, quest, I guess.
(and yeah, what nicolita said. Definitely)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm just gonna assume he got confused and posted this here instead of OKcupid.

Jadedrain

MBTI Type
ENTP
To be honest, this was more for me than anyone else. An infj tore me apart, cheating, lying dragging it out. This was kind of a self declaration of my own worthiness. Because I'm not worthless. I let someone in my heart, I went all in, for years, and she always had a foot out the door, never really communicated, and then blamed me for everything... anyways. Sorry this was confusing for all of you. Infj is one of the only types that can destroy an entp...

Edit: She gave me empathy, and then twisted me until I had nothing left, this is my first step to becoming whole again. I wasn't expecting anything. I'm not even sure I want another infj. Worse thing that happens? You can laugh at me on the internet, best, someone else actually knows what they want, but I really didn't expect an infj to ever make up their minds, even a "wise" one.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I really didn't expect an infj to ever make up their minds, even a "wise" one.

You sound pretty bitter still. All INFJs are not the same, for one, and two, if you think they are and still think like this quote suggests, then maybe they just aren't for you. Or, you know, you blow at typing people.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be honest, this was more for me than anyone else. An infj tore me apart, cheating, lying dragging it out. This was kind of a self declaration of my own worthiness. Because I'm not worthless. I let someone in my heart, I went all in, for years, and she always had a foot out the door, never really communicated, and then blamed me for everything... anyways. Sorry this was confusing for all of you. Infj is one of the only types that can destroy an entp...

Edit: She gave me empathy, and then twisted me until I had nothing left, this is my first step to becoming whole again. I wasn't expecting anything. I'm not even sure I want another infj. Worse thing that happens? You can laugh at me on the internet, best, someone else actually knows what they want, but I really didn't expect an infj to ever make up their minds, even a "wise" one.

Reminds me of one. Was like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=succubus

Be careful - some very skilled and emotionally manipulative. There are some really *ucked-up people out there. If your gut says to proceed with caution she's probably a head case. She could even be very beautiful then you, not to mention your friends, (including girls) will gawk over her with glances and compliments. That's when things get too interesting..you could get pulled-in a trap. Too much power, bro. Uncool. If she has the INFJ circle-jerk touch of narcissism/histrionic disorder, you have a lunatic caged within themselves drunk on enjoying too much influence. I'd politely excuse myself from that mess and not be on the ship going under.

TL;DR: Don't waste your life with a deranged INFJ. 98% of the time they're below the Vicki Mendoza Diagonal

EDIT: She cheated on me with some guy when telling me she would be home. And told me she "hoped she haunts my soul".

Yep, a succubus.

Don't let one in. If they have one foot out the door month after month, step completely out of the door first.

Last edited:

Jadedrain

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm confused. Are looking to donate your sperm?

It's that what they're calling it these days? :p, nah, basically if I can do this, I can do anything. At least that's how I figure it. Public self depreciation is the best thing for a broken heart. Not sure if infjs would understand :p

Gotta live like tomorrow is your last day. Or your first.