User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Putting myself out there (ENTP)

Deleted post, serve it's purpose.
    Last edited by Jadedrain; 01-03-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Default Hi!

Congrats on your new shinny high from an old typology myth profound enlightenment. Feel free to come back in 10, no 5 years, heck, less than 2, and tell us how it worked out for you.
    This is such an earnest and moving sharing. The INFJ's will be so lucky to have someone like you at their disposal.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I don't think I reached enlightenment but I do think I gained empathy greater than what I had before. It felt enlightening, but honestly I didn't think I would get anything from this. Just putting myself out there.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hey, dude! It's good you know what you want. My advice would be to keep all of that in mind, then just meet people and see what happens. Life rarely turns out exactly according to someone's plan. So, when you do meet someone, you can see them for who they are and work together to create something that works for you both rather than just seeing how she fits into your master plan. Best of luck, and welcome!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Lol.. I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadedrain View Post
    I've dated many INFJS.
    Uh huh..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

That's a wonderful and well articulated, introspective post, it's awesome you've put yourself out there in such a way, not many people have the confidence to withstand the criticism and judgements others may have. Making a flippant comment is easy for all and safe but putting yourself out there to be judged is tough so props to you for that.

With that said, it's my true and honest feeling that ENTPs are more than wasted on INFJs, for them a type like the INFP is much easier to project onto which is why they so commonly date them. I don't think the INFJ requires nor desires the level of loyalty, communication, nor transparency that an ENTP does. I do think INFJs are very loyal to friends and partners when things are easy but when they get tough, their only loyalty is to themselves.

I'm not bashing a type simply pointing out the weaknesses I see in the match. I have a lot of INFJ friends in real life but at the end of the day I feel ENTP/INFJ equals an enlightening, wonderful, life affirming friendship not romantic relationship.

Seek out a type better able to deal with the ENTP brand of communication, expression and so on as well as a type that wants love more than the fear of having it. INTP, ENFP, ENTP come to mind and I wouldn't discount the xSTPs either for that matter. With an ENFP you get a very good communicator (naturally) and somebody that wants to be see by their partner. INFJs don't really want to ever be seen, Isaac Newton for example invented calculus but kept it to himself for 20 years!

If you do choose to move forward on the INFJ front remember these things:

1) If you experience ANY push/pull end things, it's a sign of an unhealthy INFJ.

2) If you want to be a stay at home dad and be with an INFJ choose an Enneagram 5 INFJ or one that has done a lot of self work and has integrated her work into her mental health needs. If you don't, she will resent you eventually.

3) Don't chase, be yourself, put yourself out there and leave it at that, a healthy INFJ will open doors of communication or at the very least maintain them after you do.

God speed good sir!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

PS ENTPs make good parents, I think we do better with older kids but ENTPs offer a very good and well balanced parenting perspective to many other types. I love being a dad and you sound like you would make a good father as well.

Enneagram
    9w8

@JadedrainI think it's great that you want to be a stay at home dad. Also, I do hope you find all you are wishing for. Please keep @nicolita's advice in mind. It's good advice.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anyone else picture him dressed up as the safari dude from Jumanji?

It's good to know what you want, but I'm not sure what sort of responses you expect to get from this. Total stranger jumping into a community with little else but his personal laundrylist & self-advertisement. Just seems rather forced, to be honest. Like you need a someone, any someone, to fill a void.

In any event, good luck with your, err, quest, I guess.
    (and yeah, what nicolita said. Definitely)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

OP will not post in this thread again.