User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I think it is safe to say, that, generally speaking, we make pretty strong impressions.

I find that people tend to remember me often, or rather more often than I necessarily remember them though I have a pretty decent memory of people whom I've encountered.
    This I completely agree with, I dont know how or why but people seem to remember me. At first I thought this was cause of my septum ring (which now alot of people remember me just for that) but there are people who I meet who say they went to highschool with me and I swear ive never met them. And then they will recount something I did in highschool that I do remember. And I dont know what it is I do to leave such lasting impressions or even how I do it, but it definitely happens.

And as for the whole ENFP+INFJ= , im not so sure about. I do get along great with INFJ cause they at all times know when im serious even if im trying to pass it off as something else, and this really entertains me for some reason. But on a more general basis I get along with INTJ's alot better. But who knows, ENFPs might be great for INFJs but not visa versa.

Oh well those are my thoughts, now to go back to hibernateing for another month.
    SDMF

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Pssht, we are AWESOME!!!!

Oh hell yes!

CA *highfive*

You summed it up right there Captain and in the very first reply too!

Damn, that is awesome-ness.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am still SOOO not buying into this yet.
    I'm not one of the people that looks online to see what their good match-type is and then goes out to find one. That's the same as astrology BS.

Besides, "we're awesome" hardly amounts to an explanation unless you're 8 years old.
    C'mon ENFPs. What's the big deal? Why are you so awesome?? Huh??

I wonder how the J and P would work out, though. Wouldn't the ENFP constantly be sick of the INFJ's planning tendencies and structure?

I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that they share NF - but I don't know why it's good. I just know they're the same... or are they?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I need a little J in a mate.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I wonder how the J and P would work out, though. Wouldn't the ENFP constantly be sick of the INFJ's planning tendencies and structure?
    I'm tired, so I'll just answer one part of that (the first would require at least an hour of solid typing): You're a J, but your dominant function is perception, Ni. This makes you looser/ less stereotypically J than, say, an ENFJ, whose dominant function is a judging function, Fe. So, you'll piss us off, but not as much as an ExxJ

The end.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm also usually quieter around people I know will not appreciate my extroverted, crazy nature. So I am quiet at first so I can suss out whether or not it is appropriate. I can "play" any type, really. So if I am around pole-up-the-butt academics, I will also act like a pole-up-the-butt academic. If I am around people who love to be silly and have fun, I will act like my "normal" self.
    Yay, we have this in common! :-) Except my normal self fluctuates wildly between silly/fun and cynical/philosophical. It's annoying. I wish I could stabilise.

But please, do not bore me with which actress is sleeping with what actor. Or the weather. Or who is dating whom. Or who put on weight. Or the local gossip (unless it involves me or I can learn about people or develop in some way). Dude, I don't care, and don't bother.
    We have this not in common! Trashy magazine gossip is my not-so-secret guilty pleasure... it's awesomely mind-destroyingly fluffy stuff! Love it! My INTJ girlfriend loves trashy mags too! We went on an outback camping trip a couple of years ago, and when we found ourselves back in civilisation (okay, a cafe on the outskirts of civilisation), we dove into the trashy mags like starved ants going for a lump of sugar dipped in honey. It was awesome! Brad and Ange, what would we do without you? Stars without makeup: Celebrity slimming secrets!!

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Besides, "we're awesome" hardly amounts to an explanation unless you're 8 years old.
    I told you - you're older than me, Niichan.

And we are. Awesome.

The theory of 'best match' is the same regardless of function or type. I can't explain it to you because I don't really get cognitive function preferences totally yet but I think 2 people did post quick explanations in the thread.

Basically, the idea is you share the same 'core' and are cut from the same cloth so to speak, but supports are flipped so basically you are on the same wave length yet complementary.

Or something...

So EnfP = InfJ

IstJ = EstP (whoa...whoa....is that right???)

Sometimes the 'F' and 'T' is also flipped to be complementary so

EnfP = IntJ

IstJ = EstJ (um...hmm...)

As far as 'p' and 'j' not getting along, the idea is in a 'perfect union', both people would again, supplement and compliment one another. So the 'perfect type pairings' keep in mind levels and focuses (focii? lol) of the "J" and "P", similar to what Phoenix said.

And I also think people will attest that IRL, the 'E' and 'I' can make a great pair when it works.

But really, Niichan, the proof is in the mochi. When you meet people IRL that find attractive, you could try to type them. Or break the down the functions 1 by 1 of what you want. I don't really believe in this though, because a person, and even a type, is much more than the sum of its letters.

Or observe self-professed ENFPs IRL and see what you think.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I know an enfp and she was awesome.
    But I just out flaked her and isn't interested.
    P + J is better.

Ahhh the elusive INFJ. How I love them. 8+ plus months away from the boards and this 10 page thread is the first one I dive into. I love it love it love it.

The only one in my life right now happens to be the one I've crushed on for 2 years and most unfortunately for me has a social anxiety disorder that pretty much guarantees she'll never be dateable. Super depressing. She won't take meds for it because they make her numb and unfeeling and what fun is it to be NF if you can't feel anything!

But loving her has shown me the joys of being with an INFJ, during her lucid times when she isn't ignoring the world for days on end, we've had the most amazing discussions and she's been the one person that I feel can feel totally connected with.

I think with us ENFP's we mask a connection with most everyone. We are chameleon and have the near super-power to instantly make people comfortable and get people to open up to us and trust us. BUT I think we do an even better job of getting people to believe we are opening up to them when really we are just playing off them to get them to like us or whatever. Confused yet? Me too.

With an INFJ, I don't feel that. I feel like I am really understood through all the layers of crazy that encompasses my enfpness.

INFJs, I love you and I wish there were more of you.

(and for those of you who doubt or mock. We are awesome. No other explanation needed.)

MBTI
    GONE

^^

Find The Jake??

Wow. You're back! Or not.

Good seeing ya again.

The forum has grown since you've gone -- for instance, we are amassing small armies of INFJs and ENFPs for the impending war.

Johari/Nohari