• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Any ENFPs Been in Relationships with ENTJs?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
HAHAHAHA

I love women who exhibit masculine sexual qualities.

I love hearing stories where men have felt...lol, "cheapened" and "used"

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
HAHAHAHA

I love women who exhibit masculine sexual qualities.

I love hearing stories where men have felt...lol, "cheapened" and "used"

LOLZ

well, that happened to me before... not the east coast girl i mentioned though...

i was like used to asking for their number as you know, kind of like a good way to part ways?

but she didn't even ask my number and gave me this dumb look when I asked for it (but gave it, and fully knew i wouldn't call the way she acted). the night before, she got in my taxi when i was about to leave the club ( i was trying to set her up with my friend), and pretty much paid for the hotel bc i had just enough money to get home ( i was visiting a friend overseas) in the taxi, but she told the taxi driver to take us to the hotel area... i was so drunk, i just went along with it...

at first the next day, i was like "cool, i got laid" then later i felt really dirty... like... ugh. like... this really bad feeling.

bleh. lol

ok u got ur jollies now. haha

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
ahh I JUST got out of relationship with an ENTJ (i'm pretty sure) guy. it was awful.. he was charming but incredibly immature and irresponsible and arrogant at the same time... He had issues of his own though, this might not go for all ENTJs. He got into cocaine during our relationship, lied to many people, I couldn't trust him and I knew it but being ENFP and all I tried to work things out. He was the one who ended up ending things and it still makes me angry and hurts right now but it was definitely for the best. It just made me lose faith in humanity a bit.. but I'm young, I learned..I would never date him again

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was in a relationship with an ENTJ guy several years ago - really intense. He was really sharp and always seemed to have the drop on people. They like having their own way, unless you can give them a "logical" reason for not complying, with the understanding that they make their own rules, and may arbitrarily change them to suit their current vision of how they want the future to look. So, I resisted the guy pretty determinedly at points - I don't know if he thought that was fantastic, being rejected or told no when no other girl had before. I was honestly telling the guy "no", not doing the "yes means no" thing.
Anyway, he was involved in organized crime, so that was my main reason for fleeing from him, but I think ENTJ's can be great if they understand that running over others is not acceptable, and that free will applies to everyone, not just them.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
ahh I JUST got out of relationship with an ENTJ (i'm pretty sure) guy. it was awful.. he was charming but incredibly immature and irresponsible and arrogant at the same time... He had issues of his own though, this might not go for all ENTJs. He got into cocaine during our relationship, lied to many people, I couldn't trust him and I knew it but being ENFP and all I tried to work things out. He was the one who ended up ending things and it still makes me angry and hurts right now but it was definitely for the best. It just made me lose faith in humanity a bit.. but I'm young, I learned..I would never date him again

oooh. r u sure he was entj? i got the impression they are responsible at least? but man... yea mine happened just this past weekend too... lol

I was in a relationship with an ENTJ guy several years ago - really intense. He was really sharp and always seemed to have the drop on people. They like having their own way, unless you can give them a "logical" reason for not complying, with the understanding that they make their own rules, and may arbitrarily change them to suit their current vision of how they want the future to look. So, I resisted the guy pretty determinedly at points - I don't know if he thought that was fantastic, being rejected or told no when no other girl had before. I was honestly telling the guy "no", not doing the "yes means no" thing.
Anyway, he was involved in organized crime, so that was my main reason for fleeing from him, but I think ENTJ's can be great if they understand that running over others is not acceptable, and that free will applies to everyone, not just them.

yeah, i totally agree with your post. resonates a lot with the relationship i had... it really was intense now that i think about it...

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
yyyeah i'm pretty sure he was ENTJ..definitely extroverted, definitely creative and intuitive came up with ideas that had absolutely no common sense at all, definitely definitely T, and he was a jazz pianist so he would practice for hours most days, a P couldn't do this right? he came off as a very responsible person, but he had some deep emotional/psychological issues i think...self medicating, just self-destructive things.. i also resisted him as well for a bit, but i did care about him and he played mind games, etc to get what he wanted..

looking back at all this i was incredibly stupid to have gotten involved..

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP

and yeah that sounds very familiar..they sort of twist things to suit what they want to happen whether you meant it like that or not.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeah, i totally agree with your post. resonates a lot with the relationship i had... it really was intense now that i think about it...

My best friend ( a girl ) is an ENTJ, and even our friendship is intense. :D

and yeah that sounds very familiar..they sort of twist things to suit what they want to happen whether you meant it like that or not.

I think their love of facts and logic and gaining the upper hand ( very lawyerly) can pour over into their relationships in such a way that it prevents anyone else from having an equally correct opinion if it contradicts their own. But that's more likely with an ENTJ that isn't mature, or doesn't feel the need to control their urge to make everything right at all times. My best friend tells me that she has to actively watch her mouth because she gets triggered a million times a day by things that she perceives as ludicrous or inefficient, or by people that she feels are wasting her time, which is most of them. lol

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
is it just me or does anyone else want to punch this captainchick in the face ?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is it just me or does anyone else want to punch this captainchick in the face ?

Well, she's a very polarizing figure, so you're certainly not the only one. You could have put that a smooch more politely, though, don't you think?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think ENTJ's can be great if they understand that running over others is not acceptable, and that free will applies to everyone, not just them.

Everyone can determine their own decisions, but doing so without the support of logic when that support is made readily available to you (as it always is by an ENTJ) is ridiculous and immature.

An ENTJ who is applying their reasoning on you is trying desperately to get you to make sense so that they can live with themselves and their decision to be with you.

Why is running over others not acceptable? Others allow themselves to be run over, they make the choice of being susceptible.

Not arguing with an ENTJ is pretty much exactly what you should do if your goal is to make them control you. If you want to have any control over your position in the relationship then you need to compete for that control, and your competitor is cold reasoning.

ENTJs are often immature, but we develop in bursts. We aren't actually as set in our ways as most types, only set in the way of determining our ways. If you think we're immature then don't just say "You're immature!" and assume it will trigger self analysis leading to maturity, instead point out our immaturities and make your case against them.

All ENTJs I know are more concerned with being right and victorious than being "themselves", show us the wasted potential in our actions and we will change them quickly and zealously.

The path that leads an ENTJ to the emotional maturity you guys like so much (compassion, empathy blah blah) isn't developing a genuine care for the feelings of others but realizing that such a care is the most efficient way of satisfying their personal goals. If I respect someone and see that we have the potential of building something worthwhile together then I can alter my methods... I hope.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
^ ooh. nice post murkow. thanks for that! it definitely affirms something i thought yesterday...

btw, whats wrong with captain chick? she's cool!

i mean, a lot of us have scars from previous relationships, everyone, doesn't matter what "type" you are. we all have different ways of dealing with them. no big deal! it just bugs me if it gets too big of a cycle.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ahhhhhhhh, is sakuraba a bit salty because I rejected his lame advances?!?!?!?

I think so, yup, I think that's it.

:yes:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Some observations

1) No punching other forum members, especially punching girls. Especially in the face. That's just uncouth. :raises pinky finger and drinks from delicate porcelain teacup: If you're a girl, you should try out for 'Girl Fight: The Series'. If you're a guy, the feminist payback posse will be paying you a visit soon.

2) INTJ female and ENFP male? LOL. Omg, you just flipped gender roles, dude! That in itself can cause a lot of issues in this heteronormative binary world.

3) Thanks for letting me say 'heteronormative binary world' -- I've been waiting to use it in the forum all year!!! LOL

4) I thought that ENTJs were fair-minded, self-contained, and bad-ass. They choose their words and battles wisely. Which me likey. I can think of at least a couple ENTJ males on the forum that align with my limited preconceived notions of what an ENTJ is.

But from the forum, it seems to me ENTJ, especially young ENTJ male can just as likely be the typical obnoxious, smart-ass who puts more energy into proving how bad-ass he is then actually being a bad-ass. Me no likey. In fact, it's annoying. It's like an INTP on roid rage. Not cute.

If I ever try to do 'type dating' for dudes, I'll specify 'ENTJ male over 30'

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh ENTJs... yup, here comes an ENFP ramble rant:

Damn... I fall for ENTJs instantly. It's absurd. I've never gotten into a relationship with one though, because I just know it wouldn't work. There's this aura of "I'm going to put you in a bubble and make you mine muahahaha!" that kills it. Most ENFPs can't tolerate such a breach in our autonomy (and I'm too lazy for power struggles). Yeah, so I stay the hell away from them romantically... even if they do make me hot hot hot.

I should also add that the only friend I made in college was an ENTJ. Dude actually understood what I was saying (Ne = latin to everyone around me, so that was a treat), and the Te fact-spilling verbal diarrhea was orgasmic. Nevertheless, dating him? Hellz naw.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holy crap, I might not know my full potential. My talks with an ENTJ friend seemed to evoke a few instances of change on her end. Kitty must isolate this power for more conscious controll =^.^=

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
But from the forum, it seems to me ENTJ, especially young ENTJ male can just as likely be the typical obnoxious, smart-ass who puts more energy into proving how bad-ass he is then actually being a bad-ass. Me no likey. In fact, it's annoying. It's like an INTP on roid rage. Not cute.

If I ever try to do 'type dating' for dudes, I'll specify 'ENTJ male over 30'

If I had said something like this with NFP replacing NTJ I would have been flamed to death.