User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Reasoning is not just for Thinkers - reasoning is not a "type" skill. If one can use the inductive and deductive methods of thinking, then one is reasoning. Everyone is capable of doing that. Not just NT's.
    That was my point.

I'm saying that many feelers act as if the F in their type frees them from justifying their reactions to things.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    That was my point.

I'm saying that many feelers act as if the F in their type frees them from justifying their reactions to things.
    I agree. My life changed the moment I got my test results. When I found out I was an F, it was like a huge burden had been lifted. It was like I could do or say or act however I wanted. It was like a license to kill.
    Note: I'm being sarcastic.

EDIT: I'm not actually agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm just being a smart ass.
    Last edited by phoenix13; 07-25-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: clarification

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass.
    Unfortunately, you forgot about the "smart" part.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Unfortunately, you forgot about the "smart" part.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

That was my point.

Well, glad to hear we're actually agreeing on something.

I suppose this is true. There are Feelers who use their primary function as an excuse to be sloppy, messy and irrational. But the same could be said of Thinkers who use their "factualness" as an excuse to be offensive, impatient and overbearing. I believe the road runs both ways. I'm sure you just find the Feeling aspect of this more annoying because it's something you're not susceptible to and therefore find it a tiresome quality in others.

I think that everyone is responsible for their own feelings, not something that other people are required to fix. That's the adult way to behave. I don't believe however, that just because a Feeler registers a situation with an emotion, that their assessment of the situation is incorrect. Emotions, like fear and anger, are in place to urge us that something isn't right, as they helped our primal ancestors survive and adapt. Not logic.

MBTI
    enfp

meh

this entj super tires me.

i give up.

i don't think i care enough to think more about it?

i guess ill should at least care for her well being as a person until she puts that "propose" song off her blog. jeeeeeeeeeez. bleh. i mean that song could mean something else entirely at this point.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I suppose this is true. There are Feelers who use their primary function as an excuse to be sloppy, messy and irrational. But the same could be said of Thinkers who use their "factualness" as an excuse to be offensive, impatient and overbearing. I believe the road runs both ways. I'm sure you just find the Feeling aspect of this more annoying because it's something you're not susceptible to and therefore find it a tiresome quality in others.

I think that everyone is responsible for their own feelings, not something that other people are required to fix. That's the adult way to behave. I don't believe however, that just because a Feeler registers a situation with an emotion, that their assessment of the situation is incorrect. Emotions, like fear and anger, are in place to urge us that something isn't right, as they helped our primal ancestors survive and adapt. Not logic.
    Actually I find the people who rely on their "factualness" to be more aggravating, because thinking that way is absolutely irrational.

I'd like to think that emotion and logic have had equal part in the survival of mankind.
    wails from the crypt.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Please, "many", "many"?

More like some, or even few.

:rolli:

Honestly, your word choice is poor here, perhaps even sloppy.

You state, "frees them from justifying their reactions to things"

What "things", everything?

Most normal, rational, sane human beings are accountable for themselves and their actions, and guess what, there exists just as many Fs as well as Ts who constitute this normal, rational, sane human being population.

Perhaps you have been acquainting yourself with messed up Fs.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

My F doesn't allow me to justify anything, it just changes the way I interpret or process things.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Actually I find the people who rely on their "factualness" to be more aggravating, because thinking that way is absolutely irrational.

I'd like to think that emotion and logic have had equal part in the survival of mankind.
    I find it aggravating to have to dialogue with anyone who cannot balance their assessments with both facts and feelings. I value logic and emotion equally.

I'm sure logic did have something to do with the survival of humanity, in the form advanced learning behaviors, like crows that generationally learn how to use tools to get food. But I would think that the primal sensations of fear and anger were well in use before higher understanding came about. Running from the sabretooth was initially more important than devising a spear to kill it with.( Although collectively I'm sure it was a glorious sigh of relief when the spear did finally materialize. I know I personally only run when I'm being chased, and not for fun. )