• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] How to tell an ISFP from an INFP?

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the most obvious signs I've seen is that ISFPs tend to dress/groom well, in a fashionable way. Not a high priority for most INFPs, and they won't be as up on the fashions even if they try; they're more offbeat and earthy.

Anne sounds more INFP-y to me, mostly based on the sound of her creative output, and the fact that she's slightly less productive. Of course, typing someone you haven't met on so short a description is a bit like reading tea leaves. ;)

Ehhh I think it really depends. I know a lot of INFP 4w5s who dress really well in a hipstery, quirky yet put-together way. The 9w8 ISFP I know dresses in pops of bright colors sometimes but the outfits are a bit more earthy and less stylized.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. This also confuses me. I dress very stylistically, but also very shoddily. You can tell what I do by looking at me and reading the words on my shirt kind of thing.

bg67

MBTI Type
IxFP
After much pondering, and reading about functions I think I'm an INFP.
I often wear the same clothes for 4-5 days, as long as it doesn't stink too much it's good to go, now that's definitely an Si trait. :D

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I often wear the same clothes for 4-5 days, as long as it doesn't stink too much it's good to go, now that's definitely an Si trait.

Why would that be an Si trait?