User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I'm guessing 'sassy'/aggressive ISFPs are gammas/ISFjs (Se-valuing) in Socionics...while more docile, mellow ISFPs are Alphas/ISFps (Si-Valuing). Sassy isn't really a term I'd used to describe many ISFPs.
    Not aggressive. Just "in your face" the way ESFPs are. Totally due to Se.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Not aggressive. Just "in your face" the way ESFPs are. Totally due to Se.
    I see what you mean but still, I think that only describes some ISFPs (Eminem, Rihanna, etc. types). The ISFP's brand of Se can be a bit different from that of stereotypical Se-doms....more gentle and 'flowy' with less of a focus on immediate impact.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My sister is an ISFP and I am usually friends with INFPs. The main difference I have noticed is how their Se and Ne come into play. They are both Fi-doms so I get why people can mistake one for the other, my sister actually thought she was INFP for some times before she realised she doesn't use Ne. I find ISFPsto be more concrete and concise in how they speak. A lot of ISFPs I have known find it harder to express themselves in words and often create something tangible and concrete to express themselves...like with my sister it's music. My sister is also a writer and her writing style is very to the point. There's no flowery language and it has a kind of simplicity about it. This might be just my sister though, I don't know whether you can use this to distinguish between ISFP and INFP. But INFPs I have known have been a little more poetic in nature and I have found ISFPs to be more grounded and constant (don't know whether that is the right word) than INFPs. I tend to mesh well with INFPs but I do find them to be not fully present somehow and sometimes it feels like they're not quite on this planet. ISFPs are pretty dreamy too but I feel like the are definitly "here." Think this has to do with an ISFPs Se which means they are more in touch with the physical world and there here and now I suppose. ISFPs are more kinesthetic than INFPs and usually have high kinesthetic intelligence (like my sister, she seems to be very in touch with the physical world, even in the way she moves and stuff). I also find ISFPs to be more easily pleased and less dissatisfied with things than INFPs. ISFPs tend to just take things as they come whereas INFPs are idealists at heart so this doesn't seem to come so easily to them.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    My sister is an ISFP and I am usually friends with INFPs. The main difference I have noticed is how their Se and Ne come into play.
    I have seen pretty much all the differences you point out in your comment in the differences between an ISFP I was close with some time ago, and the INFP partner currently in my life.

They are both Fi-doms so I get why people can mistake one for the other, my sister actually thought she was INFP for some times before she realised she doesn't use Ne.
    I thought the ISFP was INFP for a long time because of the Fi-dom similarity, until my INFP suggested to me that the other person was ISFP. All of a sudden all these pieces started clicking into place.

I find ISFPsto be more concrete and concise in how they speak. A lot of ISFPs I have known find it harder to express themselves in words and often create something tangible and concrete to express themselves...like with my sister it's music.
    This reminds me of an email I got from the ISFP saying "This is how I feel right now" with an attached (gorgeous and amazingly well done) photograph she had taken. Compare that to the multiple page email attachment letters I would get from my INFP. The ISFP was an extremely talented visual artist and musician. My INFP also has some creative talent in those areas, but with the ISFP visual art and music seemed like an extension of her personal voice.

My sister is also a writer and her writing style is very to the point. There's no flowery language and it has a kind of simplicity about it. This might be just my sister though, I don't know whether you can use this to distinguish between ISFP and INFP.
    I saw this same distinction, so add that data to the mix.

ISFPs are more kinesthetic than INFPs and usually have high kinesthetic intelligence (like my sister, she seems to be very in touch with the physical world, even in the way she moves and stuff).
    I never even had a concept for kinesthetic intelligence until I experienced interaction with the ISFP. It was amazing. And since in our case we were romantically involved, it was ... amazing.

I also find ISFPs to be more easily pleased and less dissatisfied with things than INFPs. ISFPs tend to just take things as they come whereas INFPs are idealists at heart so this doesn't seem to come so easily to them.
    I hadn't thought about that until relatively recently, but I think this was/is also true in what I've seen. Both the ISFP and INFP describe themselves as "go with the flow" people, but reality is that the ISFP actually went with the flow almost always, while my INFP tends to have a strong stubborn streak of "this is what should be" that pulls against that approach.

ISFP will look more like ESFP, sometimes they're paranoid over diseases and stuff (think jessica alba)

INFP will look more like ENFP, there will always be a time when they talk about world issues, wars, starvation etc (think jodie foster)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

ISFPs have a stronger drive to make their Fi ideals physically real than INFPs, they are less into theorizing for its own sake and more into "living their ideals" in a practical way, such as starting an organic farm, or doing volunteer work, or working one-on-one with disabled people.
    Autistic INFP

LadyLazarus

Well, my sister's an INFP and compared to her I'm:

-More aggressive(the kid HATES fights, I'm more comfortable with them)
    -Sterner
    -More closed minded(My Fi manifests itself as "These are my beliefs, which I have derived solely from within myself, they are right, yours are wrong, I am the pinnacle of my own brand of morality; a morality which I will now shove down your throat!"
    Her Fi manifests itself as, "These are my beliefs, which I have derived not only from within but also from thinking about the perspectives of others, take them or leave them, just don't try to sway me on them or I will be upset.")

-More realistic(although she's oddly much less idealistic about romance than I am)
    -Less trusting(I often get mad at her for giving people the benefit of the doubt too often rather than trusting common sense)
    -More impulsive(I'm not super impulsive, but compared to her I do seem much more rash)
    -Less altruistic(I'm horridly selfish, she's extremely giving)

Basically, I see ISFP as a more grounded, jaded version of INFP, like an INFP who's had their bubble burst. I am very idealistic about quite a few things, but my sister absolutely confounds me/ blows me out of the water with the all encompassing nature of her idealism. She's not just idealistic in certain areas of her life like I am, she's idealistic about almost, if not absolutely, everything.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    ISFP will look more like ESFP, sometimes they're paranoid over diseases and stuff (think jessica alba)

INFP will look more like ENFP, there will always be a time when they talk about world issues, wars, starvation etc (think jodie foster)
    ISFPs are more in touch with their bodies than INFPs so it's actually less likely that they'd be "paranoid over diseases and stuff."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

This thread makes me think I am an ISFP, but I absolutely cannot relate to Se. I wish I could, I am always in my head, never in the moment. I also dress like a sensor if that makes any sense...it doesn't come natural, I started after making friends with an ESFP, I admired how put together she always looked. I do not write in a poetic manner at all, but I do find writing an easier way to communicate especially when I'm feeling emotional. With the right crowd I can be really loud and silly, it just takes a while and I must feel comfortable (unless I'm drunk, then I'm Mrs. Extrovert). I can be a little intense and not take life as it comes. I think over time I have become more jaded or cynical because real life is not what I expected. I have always been idealistic. Idk.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Well, my sister's an INFP and compared to her I'm:

-More aggressive(the kid HATES fights, I'm more comfortable with them)
    -Sterner
    -More closed minded(My Fi manifests itself as "These are my beliefs, which I have derived solely from within myself, they are right, yours are wrong, I am the pinnacle of my own brand of morality; a morality which I will now shove down your throat!"
    Her Fi manifests itself as, "These are my beliefs, which I have derived not only from within but also from thinking about the perspectives of others, take them or leave them, just don't try to sway me on them or I will be upset.")

-More realistic(although she's oddly much less idealistic about romance than I am)
    -Less trusting(I often get mad at her for giving people the benefit of the doubt too often rather than trusting common sense)
    -More impulsive(I'm not super impulsive, but compared to her I do seem much more rash)
    -Less altruistic(I'm horridly selfish, she's extremely giving)

Basically, I see ISFP as a more grounded, jaded version of INFP, like an INFP who's had their bubble burst. I am very idealistic about quite a few things, but my sister absolutely confounds me/ blows me out of the water with the all encompassing nature of her idealism. She's not just idealistic in certain areas of her life like I am, she's idealistic about almost, if not absolutely, everything.
    A lot of this sounds like 9 vs 4 Fi. I'm far more aggressive than my e9 ISFP step-dad, for instance.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe