User Tag List

First 12

Thread: INFP or INTP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ya I definitely understand what you mean about the concept of a feeler not meaning to be totally about emotion, as I have continued to study Myers Briggs, I can really see that. I'm not really sure about the two options, both really drain me ( regarding apply logic or empathising with others), I would have to say probably the former.. I guess it's hard to determine whether I have just developed a T thinking preference considerably over time as I need to because of the subjects I'm doing at uni and because more family members are thinkers and always require concrete facts and logic, but I have always found that i am led by principles and values strongly in making decisions about things. I think I'm very aware of other people's emotions more so when I can feel tension in a conversation, it's like I can feel tension really strongly in the atmosphere if I feel for example that a person is not wanting to be there or giving of a negative vibe, I always feel uncomfortable for and will often try and lighten the mood, not sure if that ties in with looking for harmonic experiences I guess.

I am male so I guess I fall into social expectations of people thinking that guys that are to emotional have biased opinions or are weak, so i try to show people that im not an emotional person. I do actually hate social expectations about everything, for example meeting a new person I really hate small talk, it would seem weird to them but I would rather jump straight into a philosophical debate or I love debating about ethics or values, but I do understand that people require you to use small talk at first so ii just accept it.

Sorry Amargith, what do you mean by being sp Dom?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It refers to the instinctual variants that accompany the enneagram system and means self-preservational instinct. Each one of use leads with one, is good at a second and usually ignores the third for the most part. The first one tends to be something we're very focused on taking care of, to the point of obsessive at times

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ar...p#.UqttfZE6LwI

There ya go, a description of all three

Oh and your hate for small talk is typical for an Fi-user
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh ya and I have considered all the other types, at first I thought I was an infj, but eventually it turned out I wasn't after watching many videos, I never been a sensing type, although on a side note, I quite recently liked an ISFP, they are very confusing with their mixed signals and yes at one point I thought I was also an intj, but I have never been that structured and logical as I believe INTJs very much are. So then I finally concluded that I'm either INFP or INTP, the only thing that doesn't really resonate with me for the INFP type is the act of being artistic. I love music and love singing, but I have never really being into knowing poetry or doing creative writing or things like that, although I appreciate poetry and its depth of thought very much

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks for that test Amargith, never seen that one before, I believe based on the descriptions I would have a social instinct. Not really sure about the sexual instinct though, it seems a bit obscure :/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

What's the reason behind your username? I think the answers in there somewhere.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Umm, three reasons I guess, firstly cause I couldn't think of a good name to describe my personality, secondly cause it was my nickname at an old school I used to go to, and thirdly probably cause I love food lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh... That tells me nothing haha

Ya know... I didn't see the scallop part until just now and it kinda changes it for me. Haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lol, what were you trying to get at?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    No offense, but your mom obviously doesn't understand what Feeling means, at least in the context of Meyers Briggs. Being a feeler doesn't mean one willingly shows their emotions. You have to almost eliminate emotion from the equation. Feeling is more about ethics and empathy. Yes, emotion will play a role, but she's making the common mistake of assuming Feeling = Emotion.

There's plenty of T's that can be just as emotional as Feelers and might even show their emotions more outwardly.

I originally said I think you are most likely INFP, but I'm starting to question that now. You could very well be an INTP with remarkably well-developed inferior Fe. The question then would be does empathizing with others and considering their own feelings tend to make you more energized, or does it take a heavy physical and mental toll on you?

OR

Does applying logic to a situation in which you are considering other's feelings and values leave you more drained?
    I would agree with this. I just asked an ex for his MBTI type, and he's an F. However, the only time he ever cried in his life is when a pet died. So I would not have normally pinned him as an F.