• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Questions for INFJ's

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is to give people a place to ask random questions as they come to mind.

My particular purpose is to see whether weird things I do, think, and experience are common to other INFJ's; perhaps other INFJ's share this curiosity.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first question:
Do you find your thoughts triggered by visual cues? This might not be type related, but it seems kind of related to Se-Ni. I'll forget my train of thought, but then look at the things I was looking at when I had the thoughts and remember them. Is this common? Even when I'm driving the scenery will sometimes remind me of completely unrelated things I was thinking and feeling the last time I was looking at it. This happens a lot with music too, but it's more emotional.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
My first question:
Do you find your thoughts triggered by visual cues? This might not be type related, but it seems kind of related to Se-Ni. I'll forget my train of thought, but then look at the things I was looking at when I had the thoughts and remember them. Is this common? Even when I'm driving the scenery will sometimes remind me of completely unrelated things I was thinking and feeling the last time I was looking at it. This happens a lot with music too, but it's more emotional.
YES. To an extreme. As in years later, when I see the same people, I get transported back to mental states and behaviors from that time period.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My first question:
Yep. It also happens when I listen to audiobooks. Like where I am at will trigger the memory of an event in a book when I see that place again. It's kinda weird.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is to give people a place to ask random questions as they come to mind.

My particular purpose is to see whether weird things I do, think, and experience are common to other INFJ's; perhaps other INFJ's share this curiosity.

Yes, absolutely, yes!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do you INFJ fairy folks have such mystical worldviews and magical ideologies?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you prepared to surrender your status as INFJ?

I would if I became convinced otherwise. [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] has...
Why do you INFJ fairy folks have such mystical worldviews and magical ideologies?
Ni, of course! Then Fe makes us want to connect all points of view and apply things to the human realm, and Ti organizes things in its own special way (which may be incomprehensible to other people). Te is less likely to unify viewpoints, as it focuses on objectives and organizing information. INTJ philosophy is more comprehensible for this reason. But still pretty obscure due to the influence of Ni-Fi.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My first question:

Yup, I even go as far as to seek out music/ objects to relive a moment.:)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Are you prepared to surrender your status as INFJ?

Yes. You can have it. Let's trade.

First, I looked up mystical to see if I was mystical or not. People tell me I am but I figured that was just because they thought I was "odd" and couldn't think of another way to describe. However, according to these definitions, I am mystical:

Full Definition of MYSTICAL

a : having a spiritual meaning or reality that is neither apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence <the mystical food of the sacrament>

b : involving or having the nature of an individual's direct subjective communion with God or ultimate reality <the mystical experience of the Inner Light>

yep....who knew? I'm as mystical as they come. So, why are we like that? Ni...of course...and as [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] said a little Fe and Ti thrown in for good measure, but mostly because we're not of this world...we're aliens, well, accept for the ones who are fairies or elves.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7

I take fairy folk as an insult.
I do have a magical ideology but I can clearly distinguish between what is my ideology and what is reality or fact. Much better than most people. I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses.
I'm also painfully aware that my ideology is an impossibility. Not because it's not doable in reality, but simply because the rest of the pack lacks the same mindset or even the ability to develop the same level of sensitivity (Fe) and foresight (the latter a rationally, perfectly explainable result of our relentless pondering on outcomes and possibilities due to Ni). It's this same heightened awareness as a whole that can make an INFJ appear as mystical to others.

You know, on a sidenote, according to transcripts from the time of the original Buddha (a "mystical" figure with properties much like those in INFJs), it is said that he did not have the religious worldview that Buddhism has today. In fact he didn't even consider a topic like reïncarnation. He said it was useless to ponder on such ideas, since they are not rooted in reality. Occam's razor avant la lettre.

This forum is also flooded with the opinion that being an F automatically implies that you can't make a rational judgement. Bull. F as our dominant dichotomy does not rule out a well developed T on the side.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Do all of you look like scary wraiths/queen of hell?

vera farmiga
Vera-Farmiga-007.jpg

claire forlani
images

jennifer love hewitt
Jennifer+Love+Hewitt+14.jpg

jenny agutter
jenny-agutter.jpg

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Do all of you look like scary wraiths/queen of hell?

I know I do. The depth in my eyes repulses and attracts people. Wherever I go I always get noticed...a curse and a blessing.
I can scare the crap out of people just by looking at them...which is usually a sign for me to instantly distrust the other. And with reason as it mostly turns out. I have a sensor for immorality.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I fuckin love that shit.

hmm, INFJ 2's are kinda rare online. I meet plenty of them out in real life, I think most of them think they're ENFJ's. how sure are you of your type, [MENTION=4299]miauwington[/MENTION]?

S

Society

you are locked in a room with no doors, windows or air vents, and nothing but yourself, a bed, a piano & a calendar & inside of it. what do you do?

disclaimer:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
you are locked in a room with no doors, windows or air vents, and nothing but yourself, a bed, a piano & a calendar & inside of it. what do you do?

disclaimer:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
First order of business is to get air in the room. A person can only live about three to five minutes without air.

What are the walls and floor made of?

How tall is the ceiling?

If there were no door how did I get in the room in the first place?

How did the person who put me in there get back out again?

Did they live through the ordeal or did I kill them in the process?