• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Questions for INFJ's

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

For me, I enjoy, and can even thrive on, the avante garde. I think this is my 7 mostly, yet I do believe INFJs understand that the gamut of human experience can run into unusual, and even dark, realms.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Is it common to feel that you are more selfish than society wants you to be and to worry more than necessary about whether you acted correctly in situations?

Yep. WAY more worry than is needed.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, can you give your definition of creepy? I mean one person's creepy might be another person's interesting.

i asked in [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]'s blog but i'll ask here. what motivated "what creepy is too creepy?"

is it ok to follow someone to a place to thank them for not being a complete asshole while driving, especially since they drove a white bmw?

keeping in mind here people who drive white cars tend to be total assholes and same with bmws so find someone who is a good driver and not a complete asshole is like finding a unicorn. and it would've been really sincere not sarcastic at all.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
i asked in [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]'s blog but i'll ask here. what motivated "what creepy is too creepy?"

is it ok to follow someone to a place to thank them for not being a complete asshole while driving, especially since they drove a white bmw?

keeping in mind here people who drive white cars tend to be total assholes and same with bmws so find someone who is a good driver and not a complete asshole is like finding a unicorn. and it would've been really sincere not sarcastic at all.

I wouldn't find that creepy, amusing, maybe.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Speaking only for myself, I think it might initially confuse me a little- at least, I might look a bit confused or stunned (and really, there's little in the external world that doesn't elicit a confused or stunned look from me)- but then later on (maybe a few hours, maybe the next day) I think I'd retrospectively find it heartening.

As far as the personality hacker site (didn't listen, just read what was on the page), I'd say it's a toss up. The point about feeling misunderstood is a big 'un. And recognizing (our own) needs in real time is a serious challenge too.

I'm not sure I understand the point about absorbing emotions. I definitely absorb *something*, I start mirroring people in weird ways- but I wouldn't call it emotions.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
see the sjs said it would've been

I think if they followed me home, I'd be perturbed, but if they stopped me in a bank or the grocery or at work, it probably wouldn't creep me out and I'd likely say thanks, but if the same person did it more than once I might not like that.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh yeah. I think that is all creepy. following anyone anywhere unless it's your bae is inappropriate. lol

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think if they followed me home, I'd be perturbed, but if they stopped me in a bank or the grocery or at work, it probably wouldn't creep me out and I'd likely say thanks, but if the same person did it more than once I might not like that.

i would've complimented them on their driving i am not the compliment fairy so i don't think i'd do it twice

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That makes perfectly good sense.

unless they did something at some other point in the future and i ran across them again and that thing they did (whatever it is) deserved a compliment. but that be more coincidental then on purpose

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
^yeah, that wouldn't bother me.

[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] thanks for the pod cast link. I listened to the whole thing. It actually cleared a couple of things up for me.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dear INFJs,
How creepy is too creepy?

If 1) I can't have a rational conversation with you, 2) you don't give me enough space, 3) are unpredictable emotionally, or 4) are a certain level of dysfunctional, you will make me uncomfortable. Other than that I'm pretty tolerant.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think I would find that creepy.