• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Questions for INFJ's

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
INFJs:

as an ESTP, it takes me roughly an hour and a half of listening to music with my eyes closed, for the afterburners to turn off and my imagination to light up.

With that being said, I've heard many of you have lucid dreams, or even have obscure beliefs about the universe, some bordering on supernatural.

With my imagination being what it is, my book is a 2nd reality to me when I REALLY get into it. So my question is, am I just wading feet deep into a puddle on the roof of a skyscraper? Is there a whole other realm I haven't journeyed into yet that I'm missing out on?
/e7 problems

[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

Okay, um...yeah, I do lucid dream, not always, but lots of times. Sometimes, I dream normal or at least I guess it's normal. My beliefs...some of them "could" be classified as obscure, depending on who's doing the classifying.

About writing: Hmmm...I don't really "do" anything to get to a place where I'm ready to write or be submersed in that other world.

When I write I sit down at the keyboard and the world around me ceases to exist for the most part; it is like I am a water hose and the stuff I'm writing is being transported from this other place and I'm just recording it, like how water flows from a distant source through a water hose. I have this movie playing in my head and I am just trying to type it as fast as it plays in my mind. I don't do anything to prepare. I just sit down and bam! There it is...a scene from a story and when I'm driving down the road, sometimes I'm seeing this story in my head and hearing the characters talk. I don't even feel like it's really me creating the stories. I'm just "reporting" them.

It's kind of hard to explain but maybe you get it. Maybe you have the same thing happen sometimes. I mean after all, don't ESTPs share the same functions in reverse order and if that is the case then maybe listening to music is the way you tap into the Ni which I think is the culprit in much story writing. It's like it's collected all of this info that I didn't even know I knew and suddenly there's this whole other world created and I just have to tell about it. However, on the other hand, when I'm getting ready to do something that is very much in the here and now, I have to "psyche myself up" first. Like if I'm going to do a rappel down the face of a cliff or a free hang or if I'm going to put on a show, I have to do a bunch of physical stuff to get me rooted in the moment, so I can let go. I have to somehow release all kinds of mental tension. So maybe that's me drumming up my Se because maybe it's like your Ni and it needs a little help sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, and about this question:
So my question is, am I just wading feet deep into a puddle on the roof of a skyscraper? Is there a whole other realm I haven't journeyed into yet that I'm missing out on?
You just have to be who you are and do what works for you. It could be that the puddle on the skyscraper is a universe all in and of itself. Who's to say? Maybe each type, and each person for that matter, has his or her own whole other realm.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I've heard many of you have lucid dreams.

I'm very proficient at lucid dreaming. Probably more than anyone you'll ever interact with.

With my imagination being what it is, my book is a 2nd reality to me when I REALLY get into it. So my question is, am I just wading feet deep into a puddle on the roof of a skyscraper? Is there a whole other realm I haven't journeyed into yet that I'm missing out on?

Yes.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION]- yeah, I lucid dream on occasion, but not with much control.

As for your imagination, if a book becomes an alternate universe for you, then I'd say you're not missing out on too much. But then again, I'm not inside your head.

:thinking:

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question #2: Do you think two INFJ's in an intimate relationship would have a telepathic connection? I have borderline telepathic moments with my two (tertiary Ni) ISFP's.

I've never tried with another INFJ, but I have a very close INTJ friend and we seem to have a weird, mind connection and always seem to know what the other is thinking/feeling.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I fuckin love that shit.

hmm, INFJ 2's are kinda rare online. I meet plenty of them out in real life, I think most of them think they're ENFJ's. how sure are you of your type, [MENTION=4299]miauwington[/MENTION]?

100% INFJ. I did different mbti tests over the past 10 years. Always INFJ. It's mostly the other way around in my case: Other people mistake me for an extravert. I'm very talkative for an introvert. I have a tendency to act a bit ENFJ.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love that lucid dreaming has been brought up.

I killed my boogie man in a lucid dream when I was 8 after having nightmares for almost a year. I nuked him to be exact, laff, the imagination of an 8 year old :) I lost the ability shortly after that. Almost like it was a defense mechanism of some sort. Nowadays I'm mostly a non recaller when it comes to my dreamstate *shrugs*

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, um...yeah, I do lucid dream, not always, but lots of times. Sometimes, I dream normal or at least I guess it's normal. My beliefs...some of them "could" be classified as obscure, depending on who's doing the classifying.

About writing: Hmmm...I don't really "do" anything to get to a place where I'm ready to write or be submersed in that other world.

When I write I sit down at the keyboard and the world around me ceases to exist for the most part; it is like I am a water hose and the stuff I'm writing is being transported from this other place and I'm just recording it, like how water flows from a distant source through a water hose. I have this movie playing in my head and I am just trying to type it as fast as it plays in my mind. I don't do anything to prepare. I just sit down and bam! There it is...a scene from a story and when I'm driving down the road, sometimes I'm seeing this story in my head and hearing the characters talk. I don't even feel like it's really me creating the stories. I'm just "reporting" them.

It's kind of hard to explain but maybe you get it. Maybe you have the same thing happen sometimes. I mean after all, don't ESTPs share the same functions in reverse order and if that is the case then maybe listening to music is the way you tap into the Ni which I think is the culprit in much story writing. It's like it's collected all of this info that I didn't even know I knew and suddenly there's this whole other world created and I just have to tell about it. However, on the other hand, when I'm getting ready to do something that is very much in the here and now, I have to "psyche myself up" first. Like if I'm going to do a rappel down the face of a cliff or a free hang or if I'm going to put on a show, I have to do a bunch of physical stuff to get me rooted in the moment, so I can let go. I have to somehow release all kinds of mental tension. So maybe that's me drumming up my Se because maybe it's like your Ni and it needs a little help sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, and about this question: You just have to be who you are and do what works for you. It could be that the puddle on the skyscraper is a universe all in and of itself. Who's to say? Maybe each type, and each person for that matter, has his or her own whole other realm.
I would second all of this.

I don't really work at lucid dreaming; I do enough of it (which isn't much) to satisfy my desire to explore the adventures which are my dreams and wake myself up if I have to. For me dreaming is a time I get to relax my mind, so I don't like the idea of trying to do mental "work" while I'm asleep. Also I like for that time to be for the universe to tell me what I need to know, so trying to control what I dream might be counter productive in that regard.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
100% INFJ. I did different mbti tests over the past 10 years. Always INFJ. It's mostly the other way around in my case: Other people mistake me for an extravert. I'm very talkative for an introvert. I have a tendency to act a bit ENFJ.

Me too. My family didn't believe me when I realized I was an introvert, but no one else would believe I'm an extrovert... :shrug:

As for lucid dreaming, I've never had a lucid dream in my life. So far that seems to be rare for INFJs.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I killed my boogie man in a lucid dream when I was 8 after having nightmares for almost a year. I nuked him to be exact, laff, the imagination of an 8 year old :)

Cute!

I lost the ability shortly after that. Almost like it was a defense mechanism of some sort. Nowadays I'm mostly a non recaller when it comes to my dreamstate *shrugs*

That's a crying shame. : (

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's a crying shame. : (

I look at it as a good thing, dare I say I'm blessed (I use the term advisedly). Last thing I need stressing/bugging me is my vivid imagination grabbing my memories of what I've seen and using it against me. The Horror! Hehe

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] Maybe psychic powers are not really powers at all, no more than being a fast runner or being born with musical talent or a pretty face. Maybe it's just Ni at work and because it's Ni people know things without knowing how or why they know them, or maybe it is a result of being a spiritual being in a physical world as my grandma taught and some people have just closed their minds to it.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I don't do it on purpose, either. It just happens.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] Maybe psychic powers are not really powers at all, no more than being a fast runner or being born with musical talent or a pretty face. Maybe it's just Ni at work and because it's Ni people know things without knowing how or why they know them, or maybe it is a result of being a spiritual being in a physical world as my grandma taught and some people have just closed their minds to it.

That's a very good explanation; I guess you Ni-people have penetrating insight, can see into the beyond. I'd like to think that I'm a very open person to these kinds of things, even if I don't see them myself. I believe that just because I'm not good at something or don't understand what it's all about is a very foolish reason for discounting something, although many people seem to do this.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I look at it as a good thing, dare I say I'm blessed (I use the term advisedly). Last thing I need stressing/bugging me is my vivid imagination grabbing my memories of what I've seen and using it against me. The Horror! Hehe

Blessing and curse, my friend.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The reason I ask, is because I suspect I met a girl who has seen "hell" first hand, and what she's seen correlates with what peter steele saw before he went insane and killed himself. Fields of thorn bushes and intense melancholy. Similar emotions were expressed in the art in "doom," the marble demons on the walls, etc.

I'm fucking curious.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't lucid dream. I rarely recall dreams, but most of my dreams are just typical, obviously stuff I'm stressed about dreams. I usually don't put much stock in them beyond that.

I'm not psychic, but I'm good guesser about stuff that might happen. I think I maybe have what my religion would call a gift of discernment or word of wisdom. Some of it is conscious some less so. :shrug: I don't think of it much most of the time. My mom things I have a prophet's gift because I care so much about social justice, but my mom is really obsessed with being a prophet and thinks all of us kids are prophets like she is. Pastors just love to see her walk in the door, let me tell you.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

The reason I ask, is because I suspect I met a girl who has seen "hell" first hand, and what she's seen correlates with what peter steele saw before he went insane and killed himself. Fields of thorn bushes and intense melancholy. Similar emotions were expressed in the art in "doom," the marble demons on the walls, etc.

I'm fucking curious. And being a member of the 'god realm' brings about other strange implications of my purpose on this planet.

Sounds like an INFJ E 4. (A real one).