User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    If someone "proved me wrong", I'd have to believe.

But that doesn't mean I'd worship, in fact I'd probably rebel even harder. : P
    Ha. I'm going to PM you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I killed my boogie man in a lucid dream when I was 8 after having nightmares for almost a year. I nuked him to be exact, laff, the imagination of an 8 year old I lost the ability shortly after that. Almost like it was a defense mechanism of some sort. Nowadays I'm mostly a non recaller when it comes to my dreamstate *shrugs*
    I lucid dream all the time & vividly recall several dreams a week... but this caught my attention because for years I had reoccurring dream (or nightmare really) since childhood about a serial killer (which varied a lot, but that was the basic theme), and in the dream the main fear was becoming/joining the serial killer. But in a lucid dream once some years ago I was able to catch and kill the serial killer & never had the dream again.

It's strange because I know what the dream represented, and whatever triggered it can still occur in life (just like stress, being overwhelmed, etc), but simply taking control of the dream got rid of it.

I'm not sure what your "boogie man" was triggered by, but I always thought you get rid of nightmares by dealing with the REAL issue your subconscious is brining up via dream, but it seems we ended these "messages" by telling our subconcious to shut the hell up

Okay, thread hi-jack over....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I lucid dream all the time & vividly recall several dreams a week... but this caught my attention because for years I had reoccurring dream (or nightmare really) since childhood about a serial killer (which varied a lot, but that was the basic theme), and in the dream the main fear was becoming/joining the serial killer. But in a lucid dream once some years ago I was able to catch and kill the serial killer & never had the dream again.
    Can relate. Except, I became the nightmare. >:}

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

It's strange because I know what the dream represented, and whatever triggered it can still occur in life (just like stress, being overwhelmed, etc), but simply taking control of the dream got rid of it.

I'm not sure what your "boogie man" was triggered by, but I always thought you get rid of nightmares by dealing with the REAL issue your subconscious is brining up via dream, but it seems we ended these "messages" by telling our subconcious to shut the hell up

Okay, thread hi-jack over....
    I hadn't thought much about the real stressors that may have caused the nightmares.

My lucid "battle" escalated, I'd adapt something into my dream and use that against "it" and it would then adapt to my adaptation. Eventually, not only did I know Kung Fu like Bruce Lee but I could run really fast like the 6 million dollar man, lmao, amongst other powers. Anyways, at the time the only thing that I knew and could conceptualize, that really "ended" something was a nuclear bomb. After I nuked "it" I immediately stopped having nightmares with "it" in them.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    The reason I ask, is because I suspect I met a girl who has seen "hell" first hand, and what she's seen correlates with what peter steele saw before he went insane and killed himself. Fields of thorn bushes and intense melancholy. Similar emotions were expressed in the art in "doom," the marble demons on the walls, etc.

I'm fucking curious.
    interesting view of suspected INFJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The reason I ask, is because I suspect I met a girl who has seen "hell" first hand, and what she's seen correlates with what peter steele saw before he went insane and killed himself. Fields of thorn bushes and intense melancholy. Similar emotions were expressed in the art in "doom," the marble demons on the walls, etc.
    Peter Steele, like Peter Steele of Type O Negative ?
    I thought he died of a heart attack !?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @RaptorWizard Maybe psychic powers are not really powers at all, no more than being a fast runner or being born with musical talent or a pretty face. Maybe it's just Ni at work and because it's Ni people know things without knowing how or why they know them, or maybe it is a result of being a spiritual being in a physical world as my grandma taught and some people have just closed their minds to it.

@greenfairy I don't do it on purpose, either. It just happens.
    I think psychic ability is just finely tuned and developed intuition, and anyone can develop theirs to the point most people would call kind of psychic. Some people have it more naturally developed than others, like a talent, so they could either get farther with it or just not have to work as much at it. I do think Ni dominance helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    That's a very good explanation; I guess you Ni-people have penetrating insight, can see into the beyond. I'd like to think that I'm a very open person to these kinds of things, even if I don't see them myself. I believe that just because I'm not good at something or don't understand what it's all about is a very foolish reason for discounting something, although many people seem to do this.
    Yes, in this you are very unusual. In a good way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by miauwington View Post
    Peter Steele, like Peter Steele of Type O Negative ?
    I thought he died of a heart attack !?
    wasn't it drug overdose? He died of heart failure, I think as a result of too many drugs. Maybe it wasn't an in-the moment overdose, but a long term thing. When i asked why he died, several people have said 'drugs.' Oh well.

INFJs:

as an ESTP, it takes me roughly an hour and a half of listening to music with my eyes closed, for the afterburners to turn off and my imagination to light up.

With that being said, I've heard many of you have lucid dreams, or even have obscure beliefs about the universe, some bordering on supernatural.

With my imagination being what it is, my book is a 2nd reality to me when I REALLY get into it. So my question is, am I just wading feet deep into a puddle on the roof of a skyscraper? Is there a whole other realm I haven't journeyed into yet that I'm missing out on?
    /e7 problems

@small.wonder
    @Lexicon
    @Ene
    Well let's start with lucid dreaming, because there are few topics that piss me off more. Why, you ask? Because most people legitimately have no idea what lucid dreaming is. It's become this trendy "oh, mhmmm totally lucid dream like it's my job", thing. Like it's positive or something?!?! Friends, let me give you some background to my annoyance before you all think I'm...something I'm not.

I am Narcoleptic. I was diagnosed when I was fifteen and lived seven years of my life as a zombie (without the blood-lust). Narcolepsy is another word most people have false definitions of, so bare with me: Narcolepsy is an abnormality of REM sleep and a Neurological disorder. The most current theory about Narcolepsy is that the cause is complete lack of the neurotransmitter Orexin. Before I tangent like crazy, the reason I'm including the loaded detail about myself if because real lucid dreaming is a product of extreme exhaustion. Tons of people have vivid, crazy, screwed up dreams but lucid dreaming (dreams in which you can control the scenario and that actually feel like you could be awake) are not healthy because they are caused by lack of the deep, restorative levels of sleep. I spent 7 years of my life struggling to maintain wakefulness during the day because my brain lives in REM the vast majority of the night. Enough months (or years in my case) of that will first produce extreme exhaustion and then lucid dreaming. A normal sleep cycle should only have short time periods of REM, with the majority of the time spent in restorative Delta sleep.

Five years ago I finally found a medication that has allowed me to function like a normal(ish) human.

Lucid dreaming isn't fun or cool, and you've actually probably never experienced it. End Rant.
    -----

Onto the imagination and obscure supernatural beliefs. I suppose I do have spiritual beliefs that cause unease in others at times. I actually believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, and that as a follower of Christ it lives in me and can do crazy things through me. I also believe the opposite is extremely alive and well, Satan and demonic principalities. Spiritual Warfare is something that goes on every day, and the more ignorant I've been to it the more I've been manipulated and deceived by it. Which is why I prefer to be aware. Even in my life story, Satan has tried to sabotage my life (the Narcolepsy is a great example) because he knew what God had planned for me. God's plans have beautifully prevailed though, because he knew my pain would only bloom into beauty.

You mentioned a book you were getting really into, I do that...waaay too much actually. I get a little fixated and actually talk about stories like they are real life sometimes. I started reading the series The Wheel of Time in 7th grade and the final book just came out last January, I must have read the series through at least 12 times (there are 15 books). This does play into the depth of imagination quality of INFJ (though I think that is a largely 4 trait as well), stories and characters have always been so tangible to me. In truth though, I've seen the depth of my imagination have negative side effects too, so don't fret too much about your imagination not swallowing you whole. Until I was probably 21 not many people took my ideas or thoughts seriously (you kind of can't blame them) but I've been learning how to tame my imagination to produce actual real ideas that can give others a glimpse.

Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

wasn't it drug overdose? He died of heart failure, I think as a result of too many drugs. Maybe it wasn't an in-the moment overdose, but a long term thing. When i asked why he died, several people have said 'drugs.' Oh well.
    ok I see. Could very well be. He definitely looked as if he had some issues

RIP

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink: