User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 287

  1. #141
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    In this thread: Fake INFJs.

  2. #142
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    In this thread: Fake INFJs.
    *takes off shirts realizes small boobs, has been caught being a fake infj*

  3. #143
    Senior Member autumnandtherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Yes. I generally have to observe people for a while before interacting much with them. And it reminds me a bit of a game of Charades- there are some people who can guess the meaning of what I’m trying to convey more consistently, accurately and quickly than others. And there are some people who regularly miss the mark entirely. I generally pick up on this and dole out my efforts to communicate accordingly. <- Most of that is done on an instinctive/unconscious level. [There's also accounting for reliability/trustworthiness, but I figure that goes without saying.]
    I definitely agree with this, especially the bolded.


    Definitely. I wouldn’t say it’s an intentional filter, really (not that the question implies intention), it’s just that it’s so mind-numbingly difficult to articulate some things. While I generally only get close to people who have demonstrated a knack for being able to pick up on these things without a lot of explanation, it can still be like trying to squeeze an elephant through the eye of a needle sometimes.

    Also, I’ve said before (and another INFJ around here has made a similar comment) that often times my internal landscape feels something like one of those Magic Eye 3D pictures: I’ll know there’s *something* going on- tugging my sleeve, wanting my attention- but it takes a while for me to figure out what it is. I need to wait for the thing to slide in focus on its own and I’m not really sure there’s a way to hurry that process. [On more than one occasion I’ve had people angry at me that I didn’t “bring something up sooner”….which in turn makes me angry because it isn’t a choice to take so long to figure things out, and I resent being made to feel bad about it when I do the best I can.]
    Exactly. The guy I'm dating is an INTJ and we have such a great connection (Ni-based, I'm sure), but both of us have such a difficult time articulating feelings/thoughts/etc (though he's probably better at it than I am, honestly)... He always wants to know what I'm thinking because I look at him with that INFJ stare a lot (though mostly unintentional), and it's kind of frustrating for both of us when I don't know how to say what I'm thinking.

  4. #144
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Question: are you way more scared of what you see than what you read? I am. My unconscious mind doesn't know things aren't real if I see them.

  5. #145
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Question: are you way more scared of what you see than what you read? I am. My unconscious mind doesn't know things aren't real if I see them.
    This is a question of dominant sense. I find that people for whom eyesight is not the dominant sense tend to cover their eyes more often, either in fear, for shame, or some other reason.
    "There seems to be a deep instinct in human beings to make compulsory that which isn't forbidden."

  6. #146
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    This is a question of dominant sense. I find that people for whom eyesight is not the dominant sense tend to cover their eyes more often, either in fear, for shame, or some other reason.
    Does this correlate with MBTI/JCF/typology do you think? I don't cover my eyes for any reason, just get traumatized.

  7. #147
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    4?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    13

    Default

    1.Surprisingly... yes. I was quite quiet as a youth until I was six or seven and I would see myself as talkative and ironically when mos people meet me or hang out with me, I tend to be sort of quiet

    2.Um sort of?I try to usually keep things like my religion, obsession with psychology, and my views on oppression to myself so that I will not start confict and be accused of being judgemental when I truly am not trying to be.. I aoso try not to tell others about poetry that I write about peopke whom hurt me beause it cause a lot of misconception unti I get to know them and even now I prefer not to be talkative and when I do, usually I am oddly seen as very soft spoken?

    3.out of curiousity, would apologizing about things you say and refusing to read full part of a poem and others get annoyed at it count?

  8. #148
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    I met an INFJ from out of town. We hit it off. We had sex that night. He flew out the next day after much cuddling and sweetness. We remained in contact texting much since. Two weeks later I end up moving to his city. I have difficulties meeting up with him because he's flying around for work and gets worn down and sick. I get paranoid and ask him if he's not interested and give him a nice out if he did just in fact want a one night stand. He gets a bit defensive and says he's straight forward and would have ignored me if he wasn't. Several texts later he stops responding to my texts inexplicably. It's been a few days. What happened? Did I ruin things by getting insecure or was he never really that interested? Should I try to follow up or just forget it all, despite the fact that I like him a lot...
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  9. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I met an INFJ from out of town. We hit it off. We had sex that night. He flew out the next day after much cuddling and sweetness. We remained in contact texting much since. Two weeks later I end up moving to his city. I have difficulties meeting up with him because he's flying around for work and gets worn down and sick. I get paranoid and ask him if he's not interested and give him a nice out if he did just in fact want a one night stand. He gets a bit defensive and says he's straight forward and would have ignored me if he wasn't. Several texts later he stops responding to my texts inexplicably. It's been a few days. What happened? Did I ruin things by getting insecure or was he never really that interested? Should I try to follow up or just forget it all, despite the fact that I like him a lot...
    What if he's an ISTP?

  10. #150
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What if he's an ISTP?
    He's not. He's an INFJ. Straight up. I know my typology yo.

    Ni Fe Ti Se - defs
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] questions for/about INFJ and ENFJ men
    By curiousjane in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 10:58 AM
  2. [INFJ] Question for INFJ's
    By Santosha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
  3. [INFJ] Question for INFJs
    By janea in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 08:08 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Hmm...No ENTP-ISFP topics. Alright then. Question: For an ENTP: ISFP or INFJ?
    By EricHanson in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
  5. [INFJ] Some questions for fellow infjs :)
    By Penguin in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts