Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for INFJ's

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    More like oblivious to the inside world. : P

They don't know about the land of the mole-people or that gigantic sow bug living in the center of the earth that causes earthquakes?
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    They don't know about the land of the mole-people or that gigantic sow bug living in the center of the earth that causes earthquakes?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Hmmm...

Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My personal philosophy is that the person with the weaker preference should defer to the person with the stronger opinion.
    I tend to take this approach as well.

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    How do you know if someone is an INFJ or an ISFJ? ISFJs can be really oblivious to the outside world, right?
    There are two people I wonder this about; but the types are way different. I'm way different than my mom anyway. It can be hard to tell from the outside. INFJ's are sometimes oblivious to the outside world. ISFJ's notice all kinds of details about the world- but boring (and sometimes useful) factual stuff, whereas INFJ's will notice sensory details (which ISFJ's sometimes miss). INFJ's tend to be more cerebral, thinking about abstract ideas and patterns. ISFJ's sometimes have their own brand of magical thinking, like being into ghosts and psychic stuff. ISFJ's can be more vulgar. INFJ's have a way of seeming like they aren't quite comfortable being physically present in the world, but ISFJ's seem to be pretty solid. ISFJ's are not as psychologically complex. They probably talk more than INFJ's. Also my mom can be kind of a bad judge of character, but she's not bad at figuring out what goes on in people's minds. She often assumes the worst though, or will go on some tangent which is out of character for the person. INFJ's are good at knowing who people are and what kind of a person someone is, but may not respond appropriately. They both have their own special brand of paranoia. Inferior Ne vs. Ni.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Thank you so much for your answers, all. Will respond in more detail when I can.

Follow-up question: Is this essentially an attempt to sacrifice your feelings for harmony and/or The Greater Good? Trying to put myself in your shoes, I probably would have shared my feelings and tried to work out a solution that didn't make me feel like a bad person. Not that this is a "better" route, as it could potentially lead to conflict, and it might make the person concerned that I would remain frustrated later -- whereas with you folks, in a perfect world, no one would ever know your feelings on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I tend to take this approach as well.
    Saves so much decision-making time. Very efficient! Plus, no hard feelings in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Infinite Bubble

Do you feel more traditionally right- or left-brained?

Don't say whole-brained!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Thank you so much for your answers, all. Will respond in more detail when I can.

Follow-up question: Is this essentially an attempt to sacrifice your feelings for harmony and/or The Greater Good? Trying to put myself in your shoes, I probably would have shared my feelings and tried to work out a solution that didn't make me feel like a bad person. Not that this is a "better" route, as it could potentially lead to conflict, and it might make the person concerned that I would remain frustrated later -- whereas with you folks, in a perfect world, no one would ever know your feelings on the subject?
    In a perfect world, I wouldn't be a petty, selfish prick and doing the right/kind thing would always make me feel good. IOW, I want so much to think of myself as a good person, etc that accepting that I feel so strongly about such a small thing is pretty mortifying. I tend to keep hoping it will go away and feel ashamed when it does not. It'd be like admitting you're physically attracted to Donald Trump. Of course you don't want anyone to know that about you.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Do you feel more traditionally right- or left-brained?

Don't say whole-brained!
    All the online left/right brain tests I've taken have said I'm in the middle.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I think it's much more complicated than just an attempt to sacrifice personal feelings for harmony and/or The Greater Good, although I think it's possible to convince oneself that that's what's going on. I'm not sure you want the long (loooooong) answer from me, though, so I'm working on whittling it down.

As for your second question, about "in a perfect world no one would ever know your feelings on the subject", um, have you seen my blog? In my perfect world, I would immediately know my own feelings on the subject, and I would be sure to convey them in a responsible and respectful manner. There might be a lot of compromise, but very little sacrifice.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast