User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: INTP + ENFJ = ?

It is just a horrible idea. I was in a polygamous relationship with an INTP and an ENFJ. It was a nightmare. I always felt like the third wheel. The other two were in love. I just felt used and abandoned.

Jk jk I feel like I can never participate in NJ threads so I decided to make up this tragic love story about an ENTP, INTP and ENFJ.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Allskyblue View Post
    Negetive thing- It is hard for the ENFJ to understand INTPs logic. and IT is almost impossible for an INTP to deal with an angry ENFJ. ENFJs tend to believe that they have a good logic. BUt, man! You screw at that...so let the INTP take the IMPORTANT decisions. let it be financial, romantic or whatsoever.
    Stereotypically -- if important decisions were left to the Ps, none of them would ever get made.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Stereotypically -- if important decisions were left to the Ps, none of them would ever get made.
    It's like sitting on the railroad tracks, watching the train headed right for you while they try to make *the perfect* decision. Makes me want to hyperventilate just thinking about it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It's like sitting on the railroad tracks, watching the train headed right for you while they try to make *the perfect* decision.
    Either that, or they'll simply lose the bills and checkbook in one of the several piles of landfill strewn about the house

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

It's like sitting on the railroad tracks, watching the train headed right for you while they try to make *the perfect* decision. Makes me want to hyperventilate just thinking about it.
    Hah, that's my INTP dad. His car is falling apart in the garage while he tries to decide whether he should try to repair it or consider getting a new car (much less consider what type of new car...)...

(Though, when I say "falling apart" - it's a beautiful, immaculate, expensive car. He's driven it regularly for 10 years with barely a ding. It just... luxury sports cars are a bit finicky and it's been one part malfunctioning after another... my ISTP brother and I are trying to convince him that it has long been time to let go...)
    Last edited by skylights; 12-16-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: clarification

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

So much truth in this statement. In some instances I think the perceived apathy is actually over rumination to the point of practically giving up on finding a solution.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I like the way Fe doms flirt. My guard drops automatically.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP

Some things took some getting used to. He does not get jealous. He will not argue with me. He does not want to be involved with the handling of the money. He mostly doesn't care what I do as long as it does not inconvenience him. He doesn't care if the house is trashed as long as there is a path to the important stuff (bed, bathroom, fridge, computer). He likes good food, but could live happily on frozen pizza. He will sit in the dark for months before bothering to change a light bulb. He does not have any interest in outdoorsy stuff.
    With all these positive traits, it's amazing we INTPs aren't sought out by ALL the other types as first choice for relationships. What's not to like?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rogue350 View Post
    It is just a horrible idea. I was in a polygamous relationship with an INTP and an ENFJ. It was a nightmare. I always felt like the third wheel. The other two were in love. I just felt used and abandoned.

Jk jk I feel like I can never participate in NJ threads so I decided to make up this tragic love story about an ENTP, INTP and ENFJ.
    Haha

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Fusion View Post
    With all these positive traits, it's amazing we INTPs aren't sought out by ALL the other types as first choice for relationships. What's not to like?
    Highly underrated, IMO. Not that I'd mind a camping buddy, but I usually only camp a day or two a year and then just at the county park.

But I think so much of that stuff is so at odds with how our culture represents relationships and gender roles, that you have to be able to detach from those a bit and also it helps to be fairly self-contained. You gain a lot of autonomy, but if you can't work out some kind of routine or system, it can be easy to drift apart or feel isolated. I prefer it to having someone constantly up my rear or being domineering or demanding but not everyone does.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers