User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTP + ENFJ = ?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yes, I like Ti for this, especially when used with a tiny touch of tact. The Te tendency is to tell an error. The Ti tendency is to show it.
    I agree. But that may still not be enough...too much criticism turn on the tears...
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Also, NTP humor (so long as that NTP doesn't have a chip on their shoulder, making "jokes" that actually purge contempt) can stop me from drowning in my own gravitas.
    In truth, I find the chip-on-the-shoulder humour more interesting and useful, at least for INTPs, who tend to turn on satire to denounce what they consider to be falsehood.
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP

So women are drawn to INTPs because they're a calming influence, humorous, big on independence and they have that brooding, deep-thinking façade?

What about the other nastier tendencies?

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    In truth, I find the chip-on-the-shoulder humour more interesting and useful, at least for INTPs, who tend to turn on satire to denounce what they consider to be falsehood.

Well "chip on the shoulder" is relative. I've said before that I think Ti'ers can have a tendency to caricature-ize things and exaggerate the ugly/illogical parts as way of explaining what they think is wrong with something: this seems to drive Te crazy, the indirectness of it- yet I find it a helpful way to express frustration. When it's done well it effectively communicates the source of frustration while causing laughter. That isn't what I'm talking about, and I personally find that helpful myself. I'm talking about when a person consistently dishes out more than they can take, and/or they dish out so much at inappropriate moments (it's clearly stronger than the moment calls for) that's it's really more about them having contempt for everyone than simply feeling frustrated in that moment by the thing they're making fun of.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

So women are drawn to INTPs because they're a calming influence, humorous, big on independence and they have that brooding, deep-thinking façade?

The only types I see consistently drawn to INTPs are ENFPs and INFJs. Maybe ISFJs. And the reason they give is that they are fascinated by that "big brain" we supposedly have.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

The nastier tendencies are what has kept me from pursuing a relationship with the ones I have been attracted to. I don't know if this is typical, but my friend purposefully ignores problems, even if they are his own and psychological in nature. He doesn't deal with is emotions until they have built to the point of being unbearable. Both of these situations usually lead to a lot of alcohol as a coping mechanism. I realize this is probably not typical. But, I think I read somewhere that INTPs were most disposed to alcohol abuse.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    The nastier tendencies are what has kept me from pursuing a relationship with the ones I have been attracted to. I don't know if this is typical, but my friend purposefully ignores problems, even if they are his own and psychological in nature. He doesn't deal with is emotions until they have built to the point of being unbearable. Both of these situations usually lead to a lot of alcohol as a coping mechanism. I realize this is probably not typical. But, I think I read somewhere that INTPs were most disposed to alcohol abuse.
    Would be interesting to read up on that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I agree. But that may still not be enough...too much criticism turn on the tears...
    We don't believe it's our place to criticize each other. We both know what our issues are and neither of us is a qualified professional. We support, nurture, and protect each other.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm drawn to my husband, who happens to be an INTP, because he is funny, smart, and he is a good man. He treats everyone with courtesy, he's honest, he works hard, he is considerate of me. I've never met another human being I respect and admire more than I do him.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm drawn to my husband, who happens to be an INTP, because he is funny, smart, and he is a good man. He treats everyone with courtesy, he's honest, he works hard, he is considerate of me. I've never met another human being I respect and admire more than I do him.
    Aww, cafe. Most of your posts make my heart melt.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.