MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to post a small and tentative comparison on the difference between the ENFJ and ENFP types. I'll just lay the text out, though it should be best read as a table....so all 6 points for the ENFJ type should match the 6 points for ENFP in the same order.

ENFJ

1- More able to clearly identify and pursue a life-long project.

2- Orchestrates / minds what is said, so as to not damage other people's pride / vanity / self-esteem / feelings.

3- When looking out for solutions, prefers one that is most convenient and simple to all envolved.

4- Very likely to observe social regulations and traditions without too much thought on overhauling or questioning them.

5- Less prone to acting without consultation or thinking about long-term consequences, especially when it concerns people.

6- More interested and more energized by being in a long-term, harmonious relationship (romantic and non-romantic alike).

ENFP

1- More difficulty in defining their lifetime goals, let alone pursuing them...in truth, prefers the thought of the being free to do so without constraints.

2- Tends to communicate with «no filter», meaning that, although sensitive, they may unwittingly hurt people when enthusiastically pursuing attractive ideas / lines of thought.

3-Prefers to look for unique solutions, no matter how erratically, and much prefers to leave their implementing to others.

4-Much less willing to compromise / be obliged by social regulations and conventions if their visions and feelings are at stake.

5-Prone to acting without consultation and with little regard to long-term consequences...likely to be caught with pants down again and again...usually apologizes profusely afterwards, but may struggle to keep resolution.

6-Prefers to explore in relationships, often prefers the spark of the new ones to the steadfastness of old ones...easily bored.
    Way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ahhh. So you're an Fe-user

Your view of ENFPs needs work.
    Definetely

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    OK, just to prove my point about the OP being biased against ENFPs, I have taken the ENFJ list in the OP and rewrote each point in an enti-ENFJ light. (My rewrites are in parentheses.)

ENFJ
    1- More able to clearly identify and pursue a life-long project. (Overly rigid when defining personal goals.)
    2- Orchestrates / minds what is said, so as to not damage other people's pride / vanity / self-esteem / feelings. (Says whatever they think other people want to hear.)
    3- When looking out for solutions, prefers one that is most convenient and simple to all involved. (Tries to please the group at all costs.)
    4- Very likely to observe social regulations and traditions without too much thought on overhauling or questioning them. (Doesn’t think for themselves. Never questions traditions even when they need to be changed.)
    5- Less prone to acting without consultation or thinking about long-term consequences, especially when it concerns people. (Can’t do anything without the approval of the group.)
    6- More interested and more energized by being in a long-term, harmonious relationship (romantic and non-romantic alike). (Focuses on long-term relationships at the expense of forming new relationships.)

I would encourage LUBUS to consider that any personality type can be defined in negative ways.
    That's my problem with them, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    haha

Do you think ENFPs have the easiest time being vulnerable than other types? (Please- anyone with an opinion on this- please answer.)

I feel like we are the MOST OPEN type to a fault!

I have had to learn over the years to SHUT THE {bleeeeep!} up! I used to get myself in so much trouble revealing too much.
    Quite the opposite. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable in a vulnerable position, that's alien and totally out of question to me. As for being open and revealing too much, that's also not like me at all.

None of the ENFPs I know are like that, but on forums other ENFP seem to be, so I'm guessing it's an Enneagram thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    Please post the INTP v. INTJ one.
    As soon as I gather up all the pieces I've scattered...

I'm also not too sure of what the response will be, as that comparison has been much discussed here...I'm sure a new expert is graduated here everyday...
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    Way off.

I would much appreciate if you could explain what is 'way off' with those statements...or with any statement on typology I or whoever here happens to make. It would greatly improve the quality of the discussion. After all, I don't pretend I do not have to explain any of these statements I've posted here, quite the opposite...
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP

I really wonder why the ENFJs haven't had their say on this thus far...

So, should I post another head-to-head? Which types would be best?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

I would much appreciate if you could explain what is 'way off' with those statements...or with any statement on typology I or whoever here happens to make. It would greatly improve the quality of the discussion. After all, I don't pretend I do not have to explain any of these statements I've posted here, quite the opposite...
    I shall entertain you, then.

ENFJs, for all the good people skills rep they get, put their foot in their mouth often. The difference fro them and us ENFPs it's that they try so hard to please all their the listeners they can't keep track of everything they shouldn't say. So they say one thing meant to please A and end up angering B. I've seen it happen many times in person.

ENFPs do not like to be caught in compromising positions. We may appear to not care about such events, but the humiliation burns deep. And we'd never be caught in the act twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    I shall entertain you, then.

ENFJs, for all the good people skills rep they get, put their foot in their mouth often. The difference fro them and us ENFPs it's that they try so hard to please all their the listeners they can't keep track of everything they shouldn't say. So they say one thing meant to please A and end up angering B. I've seen it happen many times in person.

This seems very likely, yes.

ENFPs do not like to be caught in compromising positions. We may appear to not care about such events, but the humiliation burns deep. And we'd never be caught in the act twice.
    Not in the same act, no. Different acts, yes ;-)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Not in the same act, no. Different acts, yes ;-)
    Newbies, maybe. But we learn fast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I really wonder why the ENFJs haven't had their say on this thus far...

So, should I post another head-to-head? Which types would be best?
    there are very few enfjs here and they don't post often.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

I'm open to questions or something of that nature