User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I have always seen something similar in ENFPs. I havent seen it as much as being so strong that they can be vulnerable, but being vulnerable in dealing with painful stuff, but yet strong not to get broken by them and like @AzulEyes said; "And if I AM hurt from being vulnerable, I recover quickly. Like who cares? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
    that's awesome- I don't know any INTPs - so I feel like I don't know strengths/ weaknesses of your type generally speaking of course.
    And not to say I can't hurt like no other- but vascillating in a dark place of sorrow is just not a natural place for the bubbly ENFP. It is certainly not the place where we get our energy from which is the outside world and from people. So our tempermant almost lends itself to quicker recovering because it's survival. Wallow too long- and we will lose ourselves.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I'd kinda like to point out that this was posted by a Fi person (uumlau's comment, I mean). And Fi people agreed. But basically the same thing has been said about Ti people by Ti people. I think we're just 'in tune' with people who think like we do.

The reaction to the op is kinda funny to me, and makes me think a lot of NFPs have no clue how often they actually sound exactly that biased themselves.
    Do you think I'm biased saying ENFPs are most in tune with individual people?
    This is true though. We are the ones everyone comes to and cries on our shoulders.
    We are the ones cheerleading everyone out of their mass depressions and talking them off the ledge.
    We are the ones telling people all the great qualities they have- that they seem to forget about when they've gotten themselves in a funk and we encourage them to get out there and do something about their situations.
    We are fascinated by the individual.
    We suck at paying bills.
    So where is the bias - just because we're talking about a known strength?

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    The reaction to the op is kinda funny to me, and makes me think a lot of NFPs have no clue how often they actually sound exactly that biased themselves.
    Of course, some xNFPs are biased in their thinking, but I don't think that's really relevant when judging the negative reaction to this thread's OP. Isn't an important raison d'etre of this forum to understand people of other types and even have compassion for them? LUBUS' OP displayed very little understanding that each type has its own strengths and weaknesses. (Perhaps that's because he's relatively new to the forum and hasn't matured yet in his understanding of type.) To me it's offensive when anyone, be they xNFP or xNFJ or whatever type, compares two types by juxtaposing one type's strengths with another's weaknesses and then touts the juxtaposition as a fair assessment.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

WALMART

ENFP's are bound by irrational experience.

ENFJ's are bound to some form of rationality.

2 ez

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    ENFP's are bound by irrational experience.

ENFJ's are bound to some form of rationality.

I assume you are using Jung's definition of rational and irrational here. You are correct when comparing the Fe/Fi differences between these two types. But couldn't the opposite be said when discussing Te (used by ENFPs) versus Ti (used by ENFJs)?
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I assume you are using Jung's definition of rational and irrational here. You are correct when comparing the Fe/Fi differences between these two types. But couldn't the opposite be said when discussing Te (used by ENFPs) versus Ti (used by ENFJs)?
    I am comparing the variances of the dominant function.

Ne is bound "by the thongs of fate". It is attuned primarily by the experience it accumulates. It is constantly seeking out possibility across this spectrum of experience - business opportunities, relationships, social connections, etc.

Fe is bound by forms of reason. To assist, to nourish, to right wrongs, and so forth.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Irrational functions - S and N

Rational functions - T and F

Sorry I gave so little for Fe, I know far more of its negative manifestations than its regular presentation.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Am I the only one who didn't see the ENFP description as negative? I didn't see the ENFJ description as very positive either.

I did get the feeling that the ENFJ list was a little better, but not enough to get upset about. Then again I'm not ENFJ or ENFP. I thought most of the differences were accurate, just maybe needed to be said in a better way. Use your Fe more, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha!

wanting an enfp party atm "i" think we're awesome
    I think an ENFP party would be really awesome. ENFP's and people who love them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I am comparing the variances of the dominant function.

Ne is bound "by the thongs of fate". It is attuned primarily by the experience it accumulates. It is constantly seeking out possibility across this spectrum of experience - business opportunities, relationships, social connections, etc.

Fe is bound by forms of reason. To assist, to nourish, to right wrongs, and so forth.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Irrational functions - S and N

Rational functions - T and F

Sorry I gave so little for Fe, I know far more of its negative manifestations than its regular presentation.
    Without Ne- new ideas will not be sprung on the planet. Ne lends to innovation.

And for the record- ENFPs are very capable of being rational, logical and having logical arguments and making rational decisions. But placing a high value on possiblities and keeping the door open for new-ness and change is very Ne dom- so ENFPs and ENTPs are the branstormers in that regard.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Without Ne- new ideas will not be sprung on the planet. Ne lends to innovation.

And for the record- ENFPs are very capable of being rational, logical and having logical arguments and making rational decisions. But placing a high value on possiblities and keeping the door open for new-ness and change is very Ne dom- so ENFPs and ENTPs are the branstormers in that regard.
    Yes. You should look into the terms as used by Jung to get a feel for rational vs. irrational; irrationality in no way precludes a lack of rationality. They simply aren't defined by it. That is their strongest suit, as it is with all of the irrational types.

Ne is not defined, however, by any special degree of mental cognition of possibilities. That is more an introverted function's responsibility. Ne is consumed by this one potential, not a multitude of potentials.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Yes. You should look into the terms as used by Jung to get a feel for rational vs. irrational; irrationality in no way precludes a lack of rationality. They simply aren't defined by it. That is their strongest suit, as it is with all of the irrational types.

Ne is not defined, however, by any special degree of mental cognition of possibilities. That is more an introverted function's responsibility. Ne is consumed by this one potential, not a multitude of potentials.
    I feel like your last sentence contradicts the one before it. (A little confused.)

And in general- shows why all of the types are equals as we need the idea people- and then we need the people to implement said ideas- and then we need the sensors to make sure everyone isn't starving while the ideas are being implemented.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8