User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Yeah we probably are. Infps are pretty close if not sometimes more in certain ways.

I know that for me it feels like it's sometimes uncomfortable like in an emotional relationship situation I might show anger before hurt and that feels like I'm being protective of my vulnerability but then I'm always open about the whys etc afterward.

And probably more so than many other types. I think it comes from having to be real and talk about real things even if they're unpleasant.

If that makes sense.
    I can see that with INFPs but it would be at a cost more than an ENFP. Our recovery from hurt might be quicker- we can't STAND being unhappy. INFPs can actually become creative and mystical in their time of pain. I'm probabably way off here- just my view!
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Enneagram
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    So if we suck at Fe so bad-- why are we SO FASCINATED by people and why are we so IN TUNE with them?

It's wierd.
    ...I don't know. I think Fe is more rational and calculating with their relationships (read: more conscious of what they are doing) whereas my interest in people is more spontaneous. One of my ENFP friends once told me that she wanted to be friend a girl ...simply because she thought it would feel good to walk beside her everyday. I don't give a fuck who I attract as long as you let me be and you go along with my zany attitude, but I am also like my ENFP friend who will stare at interesting-looking people thinking OMG LET'S BE FRIENDS BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE BUT YOU SEEM SO APPEALING!!!

It's probably why I don't feel like I truly have friends because it's more happenstance than actually building a relationship with them.
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    ...I don't know. I think Fe is more rational and calculating with their relationships (read: more conscious of what they are doing) whereas my interest in people is more spontaneous. One of my ENFP friends once told me that she wanted to be friend a girl ...simply because she thought it would feel good to walk beside her everyday. I don't give a fuck who I attract as long as you let me be and you go along with my zany attitude, but I am also like my ENFP friend who will stare at interesting-looking people thinking OMG LET'S BE FRIENDS BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE BUT YOU SEEM SO APPEALING!!!

It's probably why I don't feel like I truly have friends because it's more happenstance than actually building a relationship with them.

Okay- this conversation made me recall an old post I dug up an INTJ on this forum talked about. Fi vs Fe--- they were spot in -this must be it?

Originally Posted by uumlau
    Fi is more "being in tune with others". Fi listens. Fe is more about objectively figuring out how to get people to interact harmoniously. It's more about externalities than about being "in tune."

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I can see that with INFPs but it would be at a cost more than an ENFP. Our recovery from hurt might be quicker- we can't STAND being unhappy. INFPs can actually become creative and mystical in their time of pain. I'm probabably way off here- just my view!
    Oh no for sure.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    N/A

Okay- this conversation made me recall an old post I dug up an INTJ on this forum talked about. Fi vs Fe--- they were spot in -this must be it?

Fi is more "being in tune with others". Fi listens. Fe is more about objectively figuring out how to get people to interact harmoniously. It's more about externalities than about being "in tune."
    I don't TRULY know if I am Fe or Fi since the line is blurry for me, but by "in tune" you mean digging in and getting to feel a person out by listening to them... yeah, that's more my style. I say this because I have roommate issues and instead of trying to get one roommate to interact harmoniously with the other roommate... I just listen to her complain and feel out the situation and usually a solution will arise without me actively looking for a solution in the first place.

..idk... but it makes sense with ENFJ's "in charge"-ness whereas ENFPs inspire a bit more?
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    I don't TRULY know if I am Fe or Fi since the line is blurry for me, but by "in tune" you mean digging in and getting to feel a person out by listening to them... yeah, that's more my style. I say this because I have roommate issues and instead of trying to get one roommate to interact harmoniously with the other roommate... I just listen to her complain and feel out the situation and usually a solution will arise without me actively looking for a solution in the first place.

..idk... but it makes sense with ENFJ's "in charge"-ness whereas ENFPs inspire a bit more?
    Sounds right. I think ENFJ is literally uncomfortable in a room where people are not in harmony.
    ENFP would be more apt to zero in on the specifics of the disharmony and council the individuals one on one.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Enneagram
    N/A

Sounds right. I think ENFJ is literally uncomfortable in a room where people are not in harmony.
    ENFP would be more apt to zero in on the specifics of the disharmony and council the individuals one on one.

...maybe. I don't know. I tend to think I am more Fe even though I am more one-on-one, I am willing to let things be dragged out to get to an understanding. I don't like quick solutions just to get the problem fixed because then people aren't digging into motives ...or whatever.
    You are so arbitrary.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'd kinda like to point out that this was posted by a Fi person (uumlau's comment, I mean). And Fi people agreed. But basically the same thing has been said about Ti people by Ti people. I think we're just 'in tune' with people who think like we do.

The reaction to the op is kinda funny to me, and makes me think a lot of NFPs have no clue how often they actually sound exactly that biased themselves.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The difference is that Fi users usually dont state things in a way that is meant to be presenting objective data or hypotheses.

There is no problem with expressing your bias, preferences and opinions as long as you realize its a subjective view. Fi users tend to naturally be inclined to talk from a subjective place. The moment they start to generalize their experiences without verifying and pass them off as Te facts, you have a point though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    2. Are strong enough to be vulnerable.
    I have always seen something similar in ENFPs. I havent seen it as much as being so strong that they can be vulnerable, but being vulnerable in dealing with painful stuff, but yet strong not to get broken by them and like @AzulEyes said; "And if I AM hurt from being vulnerable, I recover quickly. Like who cares? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read