• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFJ vs. ENFP - Notes

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol, @Amargith! :laugh:

Hey @LUBUS. :) I have two Ti-doms in my family, and I have learned from them the art of reading things "straight". In what was something of a surprise to me, I read the OP and actually wasn't very bothered by it, though I identify as ENFP. Because, when read sans weighed implications, it is all true and internally consistent. So I recognized what struck me as Ti, fit it into the overall pattern of new INTPs often posting their theories, and guessed you for INTP. I am fond of TPs. ;)

My own take on your OP is that it's quite accurate but not very well balanced, which seems to be the dominant opinion in the thread. @greenfairy already provided a solid explanation of that so I don't feel like it's necessary to go through it again. Also - props to you for acknowledging Amargith's reasoning. It's cool when people are willing to extend their viewpoints to meet others' information. And she's something of a sage, I think. A lot of wisdom for all of us to learn from.

Anyway, I have appreciated reading your theories around the forum thus far and look forward to more contribution from you.

LUBUS said:
I see ENFPs as always striving to be look sincere and to prove to themselves that are sincere.

But somehow, some 2 weeks later, things tend to go awfully wrong...how do you explain that?

I think Ps in general tend to be more perfectionistic about their judgment and less realistic, so don't always make good estimates about the constraints of reality. So in parallel to how TPs tend to picture things proceeding logically, but the real world deviates, FPs tend to picture things proceeding idealistically, but the real world deviates. In response, they get frustrated and disappointed, and things may implode from there.

LUBUS

MBTI Type
INTP
I think Ps in general tend to be more perfectionistic about their judgment and less realistic, so don't always make good estimates about the constraints of reality. So in parallel to how TPs tend to picture things proceeding logically, but the real world deviates, FPs tend to picture things proceeding idealistically, but the real world deviates. In response, they get frustrated and disappointed, and things may implode from there.

Quite right you are!

I can relate with the Ti not buying into adapting to real-world circumstances....

I think we may need more ENFPs in the world after all...

Dancing_Queen

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It's actually the other way around for me. I always ask myself 'what if' thinking something will go wrong. I don't know if that makes me a pessimist, but I'm a negativist for sure.

It seriously gets on my nerves how ENFPs are usually described as pie in the sky people when generally, I'm the one losing my mind with people's logical inconsistencies. In fact that was what made me have a hard time identifying as an NF: I'm not a blind optimist or as idealistic as our profiles would suggest.