User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 103

  1. #91
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    You're right, it's far from being Fi ... but quite like Ne on top of Fi.
    Hon. Our type is known as 'The Mediator' and 'The Champion'. We're the cheerleaders and life coaches of MBTI. The butterfly to land on your shoulder. The bridge between you and others - on a one-on-one level. And the ones to encourage you to follow your dreams, no matter what they are, and point out your strengths to get to them.

    Ne allows us after all to see all angles - all perspectives. And like anyone else, we use our parenting function - Fi - to love and connect with others. And Fi cares, fiercely so.

    Yes, we can be chaotic, flaky, self-absorbed and all those things when we're still learning to get a handle on our abilities. When we're having a bad day. When the pain gets to us and we shut out the world out of self-preservation. When we've been too disillusioned to deal with it all. We're human, after all, in need of recharging and screw ups.

    But make no mistake. We care about others. With all of our heart. It's why we wear it on our sleeve. Our execution may not be perfect and may need serious work still...but don't ever doubt our intentions.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #92
    Member LUBUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hon. Our type is known as 'The Mediator' and 'The Champion'. We're the cheerleaders and life coaches of MBTI. The butterfly to land on your shoulder. The bridge between you and others - on a one-on-one level. And the ones to encourage you to follow your dreams, no matter what they are, and point out your strengths to get to them.

    Ne allows us after all to see all angles - all perspectives. And like anyone else, we use our parenting function - Fi - to love and connect with others. And Fi cares, fiercely so.

    Yes, we can be chaotic, flaky, self-absorbed and all those things when we're still learning to get a handle on our abilities. When we're having a bad day. When the pain gets to us and we shut out the world out of self-preservation. When we've been too disillusioned to deal with it all. We're human, after all, in need of recharging and screw ups.

    But make no mistake. We care about others. With all of our heart. It's why we wear it on our sleeve. Our execution may not be perfect and may need serious work still...but don't ever doubt our intentions.
    I see ENFPs as always striving to be look sincere and to prove to themselves that are sincere.

    But somehow, some 2 weeks later, things tend to go awfully wrong...how do you explain that?
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

  3. #93
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    I see ENFPs as always striving to be look sincere and to prove to themselves that are sincere.

    But somehow, some 2 weeks later, things tend to go awfully wrong...how do you explain that?
    As i said, intention vs execution.

    Our...Te only kicks in by the time we're 30. It's hard for us to stay on target and to organise things in the real world. It aint our strength. Our strength lies in inspiring others, and facilitating communication and generating ideas, not executing them. That is something we very much need to learn.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #94
    Member LUBUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    As i said, intention vs execution.

    Our...Te only kicks in by the time we're 30. It's hard for us to stay on target and to organise things in the real world. It aint our strength. Our strength lies in inspiring others, and facilitating communication and generating ideas, not executing them. That is something we very much need to learn.
    So, how would you rate your Te these days? *trick question*
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

  5. #95
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    So, how would you rate your Te these days? *trick question*
    I'm only now starting to get a handle on it. Basic, at best. And I'm 32.


    How would you rate your ability to analyse people? Coz I guarantee you that you could learn a trick or two from the average ENFP. In fact, most of us spend a lot of time sighing at NTPs who come in here, convinced that they know our motivations from observing us, often calling us lazy, unreliable, liars and sure we're up to no good based on their 'excellent analysis' skills.

    And while you boys most definitely can get good at it, I can guarantee you that most of us sigh in exhaustion every time we need to defend ourselves and explain *yet* again to someone who won't believe what we say that they are in fact not as good at analysing people as they are at analysing other things. Especially people who work differently than they do. Don't worry, you should get the hang of it by the time you're 40

    So, call us sloppy on the execution part all you want. And know you aggravate us equally so with your sloppy people analysis skills.

    The only way forward I've found is patience with each other, curiosity, benefit of the doubt and the drive for understanding. And I'd say we are doing fine in that department, for now
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #96
    Member LUBUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm only now starting to get a handle on it. Basic, at best. And I'm 32.


    How would you rate your ability to analyse people? Coz I guarantee you that you could learn a trick or two from the average ENFP. In fact, most of us spend a lot of time sighing at NTPs who come in here, convinced that they know our motivations from observing us, often calling us lazy, unreliable, liars and sure we're up to no good based on their 'excellent analysis' skills.

    And while you boys most definitely can get good at it, I can guarantee you that most of us sigh in exhaustion every time we need to defend ourselves and explain *yet* again to someone who won't believe what we say that they are in fact not as good at analysing people as they are at analysing other things. Especially people who work differently than they do. Don't worry, you should get the hang of it by the time you're 40

    So, call us sloppy on the execution part all you want. And know you aggravate us equally so with your sloppy people analysis skills.

    The only way forward I've found is patience with each other, curiosity, benefit of the doubt and the drive for understanding. And I'd say we are doing fine in that department, for now
    Hmm...you may have a point in all this.

    I say, why only sigh at the NTPs? Are they particularly obnoxious?
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

  7. #97
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    Hmm...you may have a point in all this.

    I say, why only sigh at the NTPs? Are they particularly obnoxious?
    Grin. I'm NFP. Ti-users are notoriously dismissive of Fi - the way I love. It's hard to deal with people who naturally dismiss what you have to offer as irrelevant, fake, or plain obnoxious. Granted, we're likely equally dismissive of Ti. They are after all two sides of the same coin.

    NTJs are, from what I hear, equally annoying to NFJs, as Fe and Te don't exactly see eye to eye either. For me, they are less so, as we share that FiTe bridge.

    Especially ENTPs have been a problem for me, as they have Fi as their blindspot, which means that often it either scares them, doesn't exist to them or they consider it irrelevant to any and all discussions. And I have Ti as my blindspot so its not like Im going to validate their pov easily. Add to that that they share our tenacity for getting information from people - extroverts that they are - and an NFP can often feel like they 're being interrogated by the high inquisition - and vice versa, I'm sure.

    INTPs tend to stay in their own backyard. And for that reason, I betted with a fellow ENFP that you were likely ENTP - the sheer amount of threads, the smell of Ti all over them, and your aggressive style of positing your thoughts resemble the ENTP style. Granted, I wasn't sure - and I did hand over the virtual 10 bucks to her, coz she called it

    Meet @skylights, Lubus. She had you pegged from the second you posted this thread

    Fwiw...from what Ive seen of you so far...you're alright
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #98
    Member LUBUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Grin. I'm NFP. Ti-users are notoriously dismissive of Fi - the way I love. It's hard to deal with people who naturally dismiss what you have to offer as irrelevant, fake, or plain obnoxious. Granted, we're likely equally dismissive of Ti. They are after all two sides of the same coin.


    INTPs tend to stay in their own backyard. And for that reason, I betted with a fellow ENFP that you were likely ENTP - the sheer amount of threads, the smell of Ti all over them, and your aggressive style of positing your thoughts resemble the ENTP style. Granted, I wasn't sure - and I did hand over the virtual 10 bucks to her, coz she called it

    Meet @skylights, Lubus. She had you pegged from the second you posted this thread

    Fwiw...from what Ive seen of you so far...you're alright

    I'd better start taking notes here...I haven't heard of this kind of Te/Fe and Ti/Fi opposition.

    Eh?...I was being tracked??...The sheer amount of threads? The smell of Ti? Aggressive style? Really?...Kindly explain those to me, I'm slightly confused...I mean, yeah, sometimes I can come off as ENTP when I (need to) extravert...Hi there @skylights, nice to meet you, how you doing? You seem to be quite a heavy hitter, how did you have me pegged down so soon? :-)
    @Amargith You bet I'm alright! Otherwise, I would've been sacked long ago for improper virtual activity, you know ;-)

    Do I owe you 10 virtual bucks?
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

  9. #99
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LUBUS View Post
    I'd better start taking notes here...I haven't heard of this kind of Te/Fe and Ti/Fi opposition.

    Eh?...I was being tracked?...The sheer amount of threads? The smell of Ti? Aggressive style? Really?...Kindly explain those to me, I'm slightly confused...I mean, yeah, sometimes I can come off as ENTP when I (need to) extravert...Hi there @skylights, nice to meet you, how you doing? You seem to be quite a heavy hitter, how did you have me pegged down so soon? :-)
    @Amargith You bet I'm alright! Otherwise, I would've been sacked long ago for improper virtual activity, you know ;-)
    Lol, oh honey...you cannot expect to flood the forum with threads, especially ones like this one and not get on our radar

    And sure, stick around. You're in the right place to learn about those juxtapositions. You'll find that you have a very different way of logically approaching things than an NTJ due to Te vs Ti. You'll find that you might feel more soothed by NFJs as they use Fe, which is how you prefer to relate to people, and you might find that you enjoy ENFPs just fine through our mutual Ne - as long as you don't expect us to be Fe-users aka ENFJs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #100
    Member LUBUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lol, oh honey...you cannot expect to flood the forum with threads, especially ones like this one and not get on our radar

    And sure, stick around. You're in the right place to learn about those juxtapositions. You'll find that you have a very different way of logically approaching things than an NTJ due to Te vs Ti. You'll find that you might feel more soothed by NFJs as they use Fe, which is how you prefer to relate to people, and you might find that you enjoy ENFPs just fine through our mutual Ne - as long as you don't expect us to be Fe-users aka ENFJs
    Ah, she knows about my weak spot for the ENFJs. Of course, that will compromise this whole thread. Not very INTP.
    Jeder nimmt die Grenzen seines Horizontes für die Grenzen der Welt“ -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Similar Threads

  1. Video: ENFJ vs. ENFP
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 01:44 PM
  2. [ENFJ] Female ENFJs vs. Male ENFJs
    By SpottingTrains in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM
  3. Infp vs. Enfp vs. Enfj
    By enfp1091 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM
  4. [ENFP] INFP vs. ENFP reasons for needing time alone
    By scattershot in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 06:35 PM
  5. [ENFP] INFP vs. ENFP
    By arcticangel02 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 04:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO