User Tag List

First 1234 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    I know it is not easy- and I'm sure there is A LOT of Fi soul searching you need to do to figure out what YOUR values are since someone else's values were pummelled into your head- no fault of your own.

You can do this.
    AzulEyes is right.

It's going to take some time to sort this all out. Oh wait...pretty much what Qlip said. I'd add, be patient with yourself. It can be hard not to rush through this process in order to get rid of the discomfort but don't give into that temptation.

You really do have everything you need already inside you to work this all out. Hold onto that fact and never let go of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Scoop out what has been untouched by it and carry it like an open flame.

violaine

I'm sorry. You are grieving and grief has stages. It will pass, which is not to minimize the present pain. :-( You have a chance to start again and fill your life with things you really want for yourself, run towards that and all of the things you're hurting over will be a memory one day. All of those things you were told you could never do or be... Now YOU get to decide all of that for yourself. Yay. Honestly, if my experience is anything to go by, the family stuff really sucks. But life gets better and the life you'll have far surpasses anything you would have had in the religion. It's really hard to be one of the people who woke up and broke free from the mind control, but you will fill that void and the instincts that helped you wake up will serve you really well in life. Don't forget how they try to keep people in by printing stories of people who left and came to grief and regretted leaving - which I highly doubt are even authentic stories as they're so ridiculous - you're dealing with so much brainwashing; you've been conditioned to feel bad for leaving, you might not be able to get your bearings for a little while. It's ok. Point your feet in the right direction and soon you'll start to feel your life. Your true self will emerge and I promise you it will feel amazing. You have the chance to be a positive example for others in a similar situation too. That is an amazingly meaningful mission in life.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    The only way to move on is to forget. The only way to forget is to find something you enjoy doing enough that it stops your thoughts from re-visiting the negativity and the past. For me it is reading, and I find hope in the singularity especially. When I read things I like to read, my mind pretty much stays away from the painful topics and gets into the reading.

Your mind dwells on what you spend your time doing. If you spend your time thinking negative thoughts, your brain will think even more about the negative thoughts and their consequences. If you spend your time doing what you like, your brain will begin to start thinking in those terms.

Summer 2013 was a waking nightmare for me. Midway through I cracked and tried to get myself out of the hole. I would spend my time reading, and as I was doing so, sometimes terribly painful thoughts would arise, but I would go back to reading as soon as I could once it happened. In a couple months, those thoughts became less frequent and sharp and I was even able to be unoccupied without those painful thoughts coming up most of the time.
    i enjoy writing...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I'm sorry. You are grieving and grief has stages. It will pass, which is not to minimize the present pain. :-( You have a chance to start again and fill your life with things you really want for yourself, run towards that and all of the things you're hurting over will be a memory one day. All of those things you were told you could never do or be... Now YOU get to decide all of that for yourself. Yay. Honestly, if my experience is anything to go by, the family stuff really sucks. But life gets better and the life you'll have far surpasses anything you would have had in the religion. It's really hard to be one of the people who woke up and broke free from the mind control, but you will fill that void and the instincts that helped you wake up will serve you really well in life. Don't forget how they try to keep people in by printing stories of people who left and came to grief and regretted leaving - which I highly doubt are even authentic stories as they're so ridiculous - you're dealing with so much brainwashing; you've been conditioned to feel bad for leaving, you might not be able to get your bearings for a little while. It's ok. Point your feet in the right direction and soon you'll start to feel your life. Your true self will emerge and I promise you it will feel amazing. You have the chance to be a positive example for others in a similar situation too. That is an amazingly meaningful mission in life.
    thank you...
    that is a good thought...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    i enjoy writing...
    About what?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    About what?
    science fiction with a dash of fantasy...

I had a dream last night about saving a girl from a cult known as Jewdu. All of the cultist wore these masks that made them look like old men...
    Most were really young women, but the leader was really a horrible monster...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Take two tablespoons of flax oil every day.
    Get some exercise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Take two tablespoons of flax oil every day.
    Get some exercise.
    thank you.

I always heard exercise was good.

Anyway, I hope that I can keep my contact to this site.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Magic Qwan How old are you?