• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What is the absolute answer to everything?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I usually shout " All I hear are problems! I want solutions!" at everyone until the problem stops, or the room clears out.

You could apply that to existential crises as well.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now that I could sink my teeth into. What about compassion for others? Would that add a little cheer to the mix?

Yes. Exactly. Compassion is one of the best (in my opinion, the very best) forms of taking responsibility and "letting our own light shine." That is exactly what that quote is talking about.

People say that the next stage or era we as conscious beings, are going into is a time of self love and self compassion. I really believe that by starting with our own self compassion we can leave our hearts open to show compassion to others.

I think compassion in all forms is just one of the many by products of taking responsibility for ourselves. :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. Exactly. Compassion is one of the best (in my opinion, the very best) forms of taking responsibility and "letting our own light shine." That is exactly what that quote is talking about.

People say that the next stage or era we as conscious beings, are going into is a time of self love and self compassion. I really believe that by starting with our own self compassion we can leave our hearts open to show compassion to others.

I think compassion in all forms is just one of the many by products of taking responsibility for ourselves. :)

I agree. You are truly a wise woman.

Mole

Permabanned
The answer is being and non-being.

We perceive being through non-being, and we perceive non-being through being.

We try to avoid our destiny as beings through technique.

And of course our technique on Typology Central is mbti.

Some of us are skilled technicians.

We are so skilled, we pull the wool over our eyes, and forget who we are.

Mole

Permabanned
That's what Christianity is supposed to be.

Christianity is about the blood sacrifice of the Son to appease the anger of the Father.

And then we are told to adore the Father.

Normally parents adore their children, but child abusers tell their children to adore them.

Christianity is based on the child abuse of Isaac the son of Abraham when God told Abraham to tie up his son and stand over him with a large knife ready to cut him up alive.

Image how Isaac felt.

This is a clear case of child abuse. And forms the basis of Christianity.

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ
Christianity is supposed to be about stopping slave revolts by promising them heaven in the after life if they just hold on a bit longer...

I don't know the absolute answer to everything, but I have a range of partial ones.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Christianity is about the blood sacrifice of the Son to appease the anger of the Father.

Normally parents adore their children, but child abusers tell their children to adore them.

Christianity is based on the child abuse of Isaac the son of Abraham when God told Abraham to tie up his son and stand over him with a large knife ready to cut him up alive.

Image how Isaac felt.

:coffee:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well... in some ways... Christianity itself is another reincarnation of the life-death-rebirth mystery that existence is infused with. The question, if you will.

Jesus' teachings are the answer to that question. If that makes sense.

Mole said:

Well, in a way, yes, exactly. Sacrifice yourself to heal the wounds of another. Love.

I sort of see all religions/belief systems in that light. The structure is the question. The principles are the answer.

IMO the question doesn't matter half as much as the answer.

Mole

Permabanned

C'mon, Jesus believed disease and mental illness were caused by demons which He cast out. So either he hallucinated demons or He was a mountebank.

And Jesus believed the world was coming to an end in His lifetime or the lifetime of his followers, but we can see 2,000 years later he was mistaken. And if he was mistaken about this, perhaps He was mistaken about other things as well.

And as for His morality, well, the New Testament is a testament to the silence of Jesus about institutional slavery, which was all around Him. And silence is complicity.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Well... in some ways... Christianity itself is another reincarnation of the life-death-rebirth mystery that existence is infused with. The question, if you will.

Yep, this is what I meant.

C'mon, Jesus believed disease and mental illness were caused by demons which He cast out. So either he hallucinated demons or He was a mountebank.

And Jesus believed the world was coming to an end in His lifetime or the lifetime of his followers, but we can see 2,000 years later he was mistaken. And if he was mistaken about this, perhaps He was mistaken about other things as well.

And as for His morality, well, the New Testament is a testament to the silence of Jesus about institutional slavery, which was all around Him. And silence is complicity.

Wtf? I've seen you post this exact same thing before. Word for word.

Mole

Permabanned
Wtf? I've seen you post this exact same thing before. Word for word.

Wtf? Word for word?

You mean I have been copying myself. I have been plagiarising myself, when I am the first to accuse others of plagiarism.

Am I absent minded? Or is it that I have no shame? You decide.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Wtf? Word for word?

You mean I have been copying myself. I have been plagiarising myself, when I am the first to accuse others of plagiarism.

Am I absent minded? Or is it that I have no shame? You decide.

I'm watching you, Mole.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Image how Isaac felt.

The bible advocates the beating of children in at least one verse.
It is good morality in parts, but certain parts make it a very shady source to use as the absolute answer.
I will agree that, minus the magic, Jesus was basically a good role model.

My overall message is I wouldn't trust the bible on the whole as my source without critically examining it against what feels right.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Eh, Mole, I think you've got to take the good from it that you can and leave what you can't. There are a lot of good things in what Jesus said. And in what the Buddha said. And in what many other spiritual leaders have said. Yes, there are many flaws too, but I at least respect the people who are making a conscious, open-hearted effort to improve the world. None of us are ever going to be enlightened enough to transcend every injustice present. All we can ask is that people try their best. Hopefully with enough people trying their best, and with all the diverse gifts people have, we can have everyone working to improve the world in their own little niche, and together we can make leaps and bounds towards justice, benevolence, and good living.

Mole

Permabanned
Eh, Mole, I think you've got to take the good from it that you can and leave what you can't. There are a lot of good things in what Jesus said. And in what the Buddha said. And in what many other spiritual leaders have said. Yes, there are many flaws too, but I at least respect the people who are making a conscious, open-hearted effort to improve the world. None of us are ever going to be enlightened enough to transcend every injustice present. All we can ask is that people try their best. Hopefully with enough people trying their best, and with all the diverse gifts people have, we can have everyone working to improve the world in their own little niche, and together we can make leaps and bounds towards justice, benevolence, and good living.

Oh please Pollyanna, a few posts ago we had a member telling us that not everything the Nazis did was bad; and here you are telling us the child abusing religion of christianity isn't all bad.

Mole

Permabanned
Christianity Perverts the Parent Child Relationship

The bible advocates the beating of children in at least one verse.
It is good morality in parts, but certain parts make it a very shady source to use as the absolute answer.
I will agree that, minus the magic, Jesus was basically a good role model.

My overall message is I wouldn't trust the bible on the whole as my source without critically examining it against what feels right.

It is the whole psychology of christianity that is perverted.

Consider: nature ensures parents adore their children, but child sexual abusers get the child to adore them.

So child sexual abusers pervert the parent child relationship.

And in exactly the same way christianity tells us to adore the Father and perverts the parent child relationship.

And we see this every day now in our Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse, just as we saw exactly the same thing on the other side of the world in the nine year Judicial Enquiry into Institutional Child Abuse in Ireland.