• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What is the absolute answer to everything?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"No."

....and "Just, no." to any follow up question.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting, could you explain?

I feel like the closest answer has to do with the chaos I see in the universe. I also believe in being kind to everyone I meet and preserving their freedoms. Truly, an ideal society would be one where everyone had maximum freedom to pursue happiness and prosperity?

I am convinced about the same! Absolute freedom! But is it really possible? When one has an absolute freedom, it means he has the freedom to litimitate someone else's freedom, so than the freedom is limited after all...I wish there would be a possibility how to make an absolute freedom real, but it feels like it does not match the reality we live in, cause the reality is limiting itself...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am convinced about the same! Absolute freedom! But is it really possible? When one has an absolute freedom, it means he has the freedom to litimitate someone else's freedom, so than the freedom is limited after all...I wish there would be a possibility how to make an absolute freedom real, but it feels like it does not match the reality we live in, cause the reality is limiting itself...
Then the next best thing would be ultimate freedom so long as it does not interfere with others' freedom.
So what if the guy in the park wants to chew smokeless tobacco?
Does it hurt you?
If it doesn't let him enjoy himself and whatever consequences come with it.

If a guy wants to eat a cheeseburger, and you order a salad, don't limit the other guys freedom to eat a cheeseburger!

These new laws being passed and many of the laws being proposed are inherently evil, as they force others to commit themselves to things that fail to benefit other people or their short-term.

It is a real shame there is no way for somebody to spread their ideas in a logical, well-thought manner without being drowned out by in-fighting among those who desire to control others. I can understand a few limitations that serve the end of greater freedom, such as laws that allow for the protection of life and property, though unnecessary laws that restrict personal freedom without adding to the freedom of the whole should be repealed. Perhaps I shall run for office. I once thought the competition for such a position would be difficult to overcome, but it now appears that that is not the case. People who fail to recognize their right foot from their left hand are elected all the time. I doubt I'd like a high position, however. I'd rather be a mayor to where I know the people I am effecting, know their concerns, and weight my decisions based on what best allows everyone to pursue their own agenda.

I'd likely enjoy founding a town so I could start from scratch, though from my understanding, it takes a lot of money to do so...

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it should have been 43

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
c70f10e85977e8867eea4993c163ac4a.jpeg

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't think this is a question that can be answered with a simple "yes" or "no."

So I'll give an example.

If I just had a fight with someone I knew and I'm feeling angry or upset, I have to go be alone for a while. And I ask myself why I'm upset. Then the next thing I ask myself is why I am attracting this person into my life. In this case, I would be taking responsibility for the situation, because I know I am the one attacting that situation/person in my life, so yes.

It's a reflective response though. The next time I am around that person, I have a more proactive way to take responsibility when I'm around them.

I think if ppl just tried about 10% more to take responsibility for thier life, then it would improve. We don't have to strive for perfect. It's a process. Problem is people don't like to admit they're wrong. Also they don't believe they are the one creating thier own reality by attracting it to themselves. :shrug:

A

A_priori

I don't think this is a question that can be answered with a simple "yes" or "no."

So I'll give an example.

If I just had a fight with someone I knew and I'm feeling angry or upset, I have to go be alone for a while. And I ask myself why I'm upset. Then the next thing I ask myself is why I am attracting this person into my life. In this case, I would be taking responsibility for the situation, because I know I am the one attacting that situation/person in my life, so yes.

It's a reflective response though. The next time I am around that person, I have a more proactive way to take responsibility when I'm around them.

I think if ppl just tried about 10% more to take responsibility for thier life, then it would improve. We don't have to strive for perfect. It's a process. Problem is people don't like to admit they're wrong. Also they don't believe they are the one creating thier own reality by attracting it to themselves. :shrug:

My idealism agrees with you 100%

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The best answer I have come up with so far is compassion.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The best answer I have come up with so far is compassion.

Compassion feels right…
Now the question becomes implementing it on a large scale.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One way people learn, is by watching others.

Instead of being bombarded with constant reminders of which brand of coffee (insert any advertisement here) to buy, people should be reminded to take responsibility for themselves and not feel shame in the process.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same"

Now that I could sink my teeth into. What about compassion for others? Would that add a little cheer to the mix?

I

Infinite Bubble

What is your underlying motive behind this thread, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]?

It's the existential crisis, isn't it?