• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What is the absolute answer to everything?

Mole

Permabanned
Everything that exists within the universe is a single entity. Every thought, every feeling, the desire to love and be close to others, is an attempt by the universe (us) to reassert itself and come to terms with its existence, whatever purpose that may serve.

This is projecting our own psyche onto the universe.

But worse it appeals to the totalitarian impulse.

And there is absolutely no evidence the universe is an agent.

So I think we can conclude, you are an agent and the universe is not.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
7 because it stands for luck which could also be hope which is the answer too everything.:smile: God also but someone already said that...

Eye of the Potato

Because I am opposed to Social Darwinism.

Social Darwinism was used by the robber baron in the USA in the 19th century to justify their depredations. Social Darwinism was used by the Eugenics Movement in the USA to deprive citizens of their rights and even their lives. And of course the Nazis perfected the Eugenics Movement of the USA in the Shoah or Holocaust. And Social Darwinism was used by the Fascists in Europe and South America to justify the violation of human rights, torture and murder.

So a society based on nature would violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Homo sapiens is the only species that is inter-subjective, we are capable of empathy and creativity, quite unlike nature.

You haven't studied nature have you? You completely misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm talking about people empowering themselves, by discovering their true nature and purpose. You're talking about, well god only knows.

And animals are capable of creating tools and showing empathy. Not all animals do this. But not all humans are capable of showing empathy either.

Mole

Permabanned
You haven't studied nature have you?

I have studied biology. And I know biology is based on natural selection. And civilized people don't want to live in a society based on natural selection.

If we understand natural selection, we know it is no model for human society.