User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Jesus' teachings are the answer to that question. If that makes sense.
    C'mon, Jesus believed disease and mental illness were caused by demons which He cast out. So either he hallucinated demons or He was a mountebank.

And Jesus believed the world was coming to an end in His lifetime or the lifetime of his followers, but we can see 2,000 years later he was mistaken. And if he was mistaken about this, perhaps He was mistaken about other things as well.

And as for His morality, well, the New Testament is a testament to the silence of Jesus about institutional slavery, which was all around Him. And silence is complicity.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Well... in some ways... Christianity itself is another reincarnation of the life-death-rebirth mystery that existence is infused with. The question, if you will.

Jesus' teachings are the answer to that question. If that makes sense.
    Yep, this is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    C'mon, Jesus believed disease and mental illness were caused by demons which He cast out. So either he hallucinated demons or He was a mountebank.

And Jesus believed the world was coming to an end in His lifetime or the lifetime of his followers, but we can see 2,000 years later he was mistaken. And if he was mistaken about this, perhaps He was mistaken about other things as well.

And as for His morality, well, the New Testament is a testament to the silence of Jesus about institutional slavery, which was all around Him. And silence is complicity.
    Wtf? I've seen you post this exact same thing before. Word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Wtf? I've seen you post this exact same thing before. Word for word.
    Wtf? Word for word?

You mean I have been copying myself. I have been plagiarising myself, when I am the first to accuse others of plagiarism.

Am I absent minded? Or is it that I have no shame? You decide.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Wtf? Word for word?

You mean I have been copying myself. I have been plagiarising myself, when I am the first to accuse others of plagiarism.

Am I absent minded? Or is it that I have no shame? You decide.
    I'm watching you, Mole.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Christianity is about the blood sacrifice of the Son to appease the anger of the Father.

And then we are told to adore the Father.

Normally parents adore their children, but child abusers tell their children to adore them.

Christianity is based on the child abuse of Isaac the son of Abraham when God told Abraham to tie up his son and stand over him with a large knife ready to cut him up alive.

Image how Isaac felt.

This is a clear case of child abuse. And forms the basis of Christianity.
    The bible advocates the beating of children in at least one verse.
    It is good morality in parts, but certain parts make it a very shady source to use as the absolute answer.
    I will agree that, minus the magic, Jesus was basically a good role model.

My overall message is I wouldn't trust the bible on the whole as my source without critically examining it against what feels right.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Eh, Mole, I think you've got to take the good from it that you can and leave what you can't. There are a lot of good things in what Jesus said. And in what the Buddha said. And in what many other spiritual leaders have said. Yes, there are many flaws too, but I at least respect the people who are making a conscious, open-hearted effort to improve the world. None of us are ever going to be enlightened enough to transcend every injustice present. All we can ask is that people try their best. Hopefully with enough people trying their best, and with all the diverse gifts people have, we can have everyone working to improve the world in their own little niche, and together we can make leaps and bounds towards justice, benevolence, and good living.

Eh, Mole, I think you've got to take the good from it that you can and leave what you can't. There are a lot of good things in what Jesus said. And in what the Buddha said. And in what many other spiritual leaders have said. Yes, there are many flaws too, but I at least respect the people who are making a conscious, open-hearted effort to improve the world. None of us are ever going to be enlightened enough to transcend every injustice present. All we can ask is that people try their best. Hopefully with enough people trying their best, and with all the diverse gifts people have, we can have everyone working to improve the world in their own little niche, and together we can make leaps and bounds towards justice, benevolence, and good living.
    Oh please Pollyanna, a few posts ago we had a member telling us that not everything the Nazis did was bad; and here you are telling us the child abusing religion of christianity isn't all bad.

Default Christianity Perverts the Parent Child Relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    The bible advocates the beating of children in at least one verse.
    It is good morality in parts, but certain parts make it a very shady source to use as the absolute answer.
    I will agree that, minus the magic, Jesus was basically a good role model.

My overall message is I wouldn't trust the bible on the whole as my source without critically examining it against what feels right.
    It is the whole psychology of christianity that is perverted.

Consider: nature ensures parents adore their children, but child sexual abusers get the child to adore them.

So child sexual abusers pervert the parent child relationship.

And in exactly the same way christianity tells us to adore the Father and perverts the parent child relationship.

And we see this every day now in our Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse, just as we saw exactly the same thing on the other side of the world in the nine year Judicial Enquiry into Institutional Child Abuse in Ireland.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Oh please Pollyanna, a few posts ago we had a member telling us that not everything the Nazis did was bad; and here you are telling us the child abusing religion of christianity isn't all bad.
    Not everything the Nazis did was bad.

http://listverse.com/2011/01/31/top-...zis-got-right/

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Not everything the Nazis did was bad.

http://listverse.com/2011/01/31/top-...zis-got-right/
    I think you are flogging a dead horse. No matter how much you may hanker for the return of the beast, the beast is dead and buried.

But this longing for the return of the beast is expressed in the love of Carl Jung who loved the Fuhrer and took his orders from Reichmarshall Goering.