• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What is the absolute answer to everything?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How come you know none of this?

I'm aware; it still doesn't make the philosophy equivalent to the practice. Ending Catholicism wouldn't end sexual abuse. If there is an answer to everything, it must echo within each person... it cannot be just the tearing down of external walls, regardless of how harmful they are. Without addressing the root cause the injustices will just manifest again...

Mole

Permabanned
I'm aware; it still doesn't make the philosophy equivalent to the practice. Ending Catholicism wouldn't end sexual abuse. If there is an answer to everything, it must echo within each person... it cannot be just the tearing down of external walls, regardless of how harmful they are. Without addressing the root cause the injustices will just manifest again...

Yes, the answer lies in the personality and in the corresponding institutions.

So the sacrificial form of child rearing leads to the paranoid personality in the siblings because they think they may be next.

And the abusive form of child rearing is an improvement on the sacrificial form because the child survives but has a blamed and blaming personality.

And the authoritarian form of child rearing is an improvement on the abusive form because the child is no longer blamed and blaming but the child is controlled and controlling.

And the helping mode of child rearing, where the parents help the child achieve their life goals, is an improvement on the authoritarian form of child rearing, and the child is now free to develop an empathic and creative personality.

Institutions mirror this pattern of child rearing.

And the institution of the Roman Catholic Church is moving from an authoritarian institution to a helping institution, slowly.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And the institution of the Roman Catholic Church is moving from an authoritarian institution to a helping institution, slowly.

That is my hope. :)

Mole

Permabanned
That is my hope. :)

However every day in Australia we listen to the horrors revealed in our Royal Commission into Child Abuse.

But worse the Roman Catholic Church in Australia is still refusing to release incriminating documents, even to a Royal Commission, and are fighting the Commission all the way to the High Court.

Meanwhile back in Rome, the Pope is still refusing to share incriminating documents with the United Nations and the committee on the rights of the child.

But all is not lost. The Pope, in immaculate white, has appeared like an angel on the front page of Time magazine.

No mention is made of course that the Pope Francis is a Jesuit and the Jesuits have just been forced to pay our 161.1 million dollars to children they raped in the northeast United States and Canada.

But be not afraid, the Roman Catholic Church literally invented the word propaganda (propaganda de fidei) and are using all the organs of mass persuasion, like Time magazine, to strike back.

Eye of the Potato

Balance. Everything you do, if you get the balance right, it will be perfect.

I think if we could all figure out what our purpose is, how we can best serve society, and typology is a good tool to use, then we'd all end up doing something we love. We'd all be living the dream. I believe there's a role for everyone, and everything we need to get done in society, in order to survive and thrive, would get done, if everyone followed their heart and pursued their dreams. The whole of society would run like clockwork. Imagine a world where each type just does what they excel at. A world where each type is 100% true to their nature. Like how nature works. Each animal does what they're best at doing. No animals go around doing a job they hate for money. Bees don't fly around collecting nectar, like some homeless bum collecting cans for a few dollars. They collect it cos they like it, it's second nature to them. People think that we need money to motivate people, but we don't. People aren't capable to being lazy. We all need to be doing something. We all have a purpose. If and when we all collectively cotton on to this idea, then it could be like heaven on earth. People's self esteem would soar. It would be great.

Eye of the Potato

I think if we could all figure out what our purpose is, how we can best serve society, and typology is a good tool to use, then we'd all end up doing something we love. We'd all be living the dream. I believe there's a role for everyone, and everything we need to get done in society, in order to survive and thrive, would get done, if everyone followed their heart and pursued their dreams. The whole of society would run like clockwork. Imagine a world where each type just does what they excel at. A world where each type is 100% true to their nature. Like how nature works. Each animal does what they're best at doing. No animals go around doing a job they hate for money. Bees don't fly around collecting nectar, like some homeless bum collecting cans for a few dollars. They collect it cos they like it, it's second nature to them. People think that we need money to motivate people, but we don't. People aren't capable to being lazy. We all need to be doing something. We all have a purpose. If and when we all collectively cotton on to this idea, then it could be like heaven on earth. People's self esteem would soar. It would be great.

Mole

Permabanned

This is the utopia touted by mbti.

And utopia mean nowhere. And nowhere does mbti make heaven on earth.

Mbti entirely avoids the issue of power so power can be maximized over us.

Mbti does not support liberal democracy and the limitation of power.

Eye of the Potato

This is the utopia touted by mbti.

And utopia mean nowhere. And nowhere does mbti make heaven on earth.

Mbti entirely avoids the issue of power so power can be maximized over us.

Mbti does not support liberal democracy and the limitation of power.

Well mbti got the function order wrong and it's a mess, so fuck mbti. That'll get us nowhere. Maybe into a war situation actually.

Mole

Permabanned
Well mbti got the function order wrong and it's a mess, so fuck mbti. That'll get us nowhere. Maybe into a war situation actually.

It's worse than that.

Mbti is a technique for robotic workers.

Fortunately we are an inter-subjective species quite unlike robots.

However those who have power over us want us to behave like robots.

They promise that if we behave like robots using mbti we will create heaven on earth.

Where have I heard that before?

Eye of the Potato

People throughout history come up with these isms and schisms and they all ultimately fail. And the reason why is that they try to outdo nature. They arrogantly think they can come up with a better system than the one nature or God or whatever came up with.

What I'm saying is, we should look to our natures to guide us as to what our true purpose and usefulness is. For some people cleaning and tidying and crossing the t's and dotting the eyes is what they live for. There's a need for those things to be done, so this is one of their purposes. People's purposes don't have to be grand and change the world. But if we all do our small share, then it would add up to a lot. It's like any creative person. They don't create anything. Their creations are revealed to them. And that's what we need to do in imagining how we're going to create a better world. Observe reality in nature and see what lessons we can learn from it. I'm including observing people in that, we're nature too.

Eye of the Potato

It's worse than that.

Mbti is a technique for robotic workers.

Fortunately we are an inter-subjective species quite unlike robots.

However those who have power over us want us to behave like robots.

They promise that if we behave like robots using mbti we will create heaven on earth.

Where have I heard that before?

I don't know. I think you may be a bit paranoid. I came up with my ideas all on my own.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't know. I think you may be a bit paranoid. I came up with my ideas all on my own.

Perhaps if you take the time to read the History of Ideas you will realise no one comes up with ideas all on their own.

Each idea has a history. No idea is the property of one person.

And indeed as R.D.Laing wrote: paranoia is merely a heightened state of awareness.

Mole

Permabanned
Observe reality in nature and see what lessons we can learn from it.

Nature is red in tooth and claw. And Natural Selection is entirely without purpose.

On the other hand we are an inter-subjective species.

We are meaning creating animals and share the meaning amongst ourselves.

We are quite unlike Nature and Natural Selection.

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything that exists within the universe is a single entity. Every thought, every feeling, the desire to love and be close to others, is an attempt by the universe (us) to reassert itself and come to terms with its existence, whatever purpose that may serve.

Eye of the Potato

Nature is red in tooth and claw. And Natural Selection is entirely without purpose.

On the other hand we are an inter-subjective species.

We are meaning creating animals and share the meaning amongst ourselves.

We are quite unlike Nature and Natural Selection.

We ARE nature. Why would you think we're separate from it?

Mole

Permabanned
We ARE nature. Why would you think we're separate from it?

Because I am opposed to Social Darwinism.

Social Darwinism was used by the robber baron in the USA in the 19th century to justify their depredations. Social Darwinism was used by the Eugenics Movement in the USA to deprive citizens of their rights and even their lives. And of course the Nazis perfected the Eugenics Movement of the USA in the Shoah or Holocaust. And Social Darwinism was used by the Fascists in Europe and South America to justify the violation of human rights, torture and murder.

So a society based on nature would violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Homo sapiens is the only species that is inter-subjective, we are capable of empathy and creativity, quite unlike nature.