• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Pardon my ignorance about this, but what does Ne gotta do with it? I mean how does it actually work in relation to boredom? thanks :)

Dominant Ne means you're easily distracted, that you can't stand routine and will spontaneously seek variety, new ideas and insights everywhere.

If you can't do that, you will get bored very, very fast.

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, there are two types of boring, those that have nothing going on inside and those that refuse to show it.

Those who don't show what is going often do so because of prejudicial feelings.

I.e. they have seen someone do something similar and have decided "woahh, I'm not going to put my hand in that fireplace" .

I'm a lot like that, but not to the degree where it disturbs people around me(or not to my knowledge, I could however be wrong :p).

Any other INFJ's agree?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I.e. they have seen someone do something similar and have decided "woahh, I'm not going to put my hand in that fireplace" .

I'm a lot like that, but not to the degree where it disturbs people around me(or not to my knowledge, I could however be wrong :p).

Any other INFJ's agree?

Here here
I take the no thanks approach as well

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Dominant Ne means you're easily distracted, that you can't stand routine and will spontaneously seek variety, new ideas and insights everywhere.

If you can't do that, you will get bored very, very fast.

Thanks Blackmail. :)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ

Any other INFJ's agree?

To add to this, in another topic we discussed why INFJs hold back. One of the reasons suggested was that in a lot of cases our thoughts are tied closely to our beliefs and values, and so if someone were to reject them it would be like rejecting us as a person at the same time. We have a hard shell and a soft core, and we let very few people venture into that area of us.

People will ask me what my view on something is, and I refuse to talk about it because I know all they want to do is argue about it and prove me wrong. I despise conflict (to me there it is one of the biggest wastes of time) and so I end up just becoming passive and letting them think they win or that they have put out my flame or something. Regardless of what people say, I cup my flame and walk alone against the winds of society and I'm ok with that. I have close friends that I can debate with, and we have an unspoken rule that forbids hurt feelings.

LisainCA

MBTI Type
?N?P
I'm an NF and I think I'm probably boring to some people. I'm terrible at small talk, so if I'm in a situation where people are chatting about the weather and the latest baseball scores, I will just shut up. But if I can get past that with someone, we will have a million things to talk about and I can't imagine being bored or boring.

It's fascinating that the NT board thinks of NFs as boring. I can't get NTs to leave me alone. I've had more than one NT tell me that they can talk to me more easily than anyone else. SJs have no use for me and my endless musings about life.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
In discussing non-INTPs over at that other board, one poster commented that he found NFs kind of dull.

I can see why this statement is made, some NFs will never do anything that rocks the boat or take a controversial position to avoid offending others.

I don't agree with this, I find other aspects of NFs very interesting.

But I wonder, do you view yourself as boring? Non-NFs, do you find NFs boring?

Are you kidding me? In my experiences the ENFP is the least boring of all the personality types, speaking just to burn time and always seeking to live the moment. He is always light-hearted and transfers joy to everyone he talks to.

INF's are probably a different story; I actually never met one before. I am sure they can be quite fun, when you get to know them.

Lone Angel

MBTI Type
INFP
The Hiatus is over...MBTI is Angel

Am I boring, Am I boring...naw but that may just be just because I've had to drop the elbow on to many jabronis.:smoke:

WWE watcher (even if it's boring) and a fun guy to be around when I'm not in leave me the f alone mode.

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP
boring to people who don't understand them or their interests

fun to those who do.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
woooo completely wrong generalizations. go mbtic go!

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm boring to some people...most people. But with other people there's like a real connection and I never get bored of them..I pretty much fit the boring stereotype:
- elusive personality (can't really pin me down unless you've spoken to me for about...2 or 3 months)
- not very talkative, doesn't really speak unless spoken to in 8/10 cases.
- doesn't stand out
- doesn't come on strong (but people usually contradict that one so I'm a bit unsure)
- rarely excited.(depends on who I'm with though)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
fuck no! honestly, boring is the last thing people label me. clinically insane and high on pixie dust, but never boring.

Heroin

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm only a bore pending the situation. At a party or an event I'm probably percieved as boring, but in more intimate settings I often have deep, heavy moments with folks. Those moments are usually not boring, even if we are just chatting.

At least I'm not bored...

V

violaine

Not personally, I'm always up for some fun (!) and seem to connect well with others in that way - I can see how an INF might come off as a little reserved at first.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glad to see my half-assed NF observation thread is still going strong!

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
well, if NFs were boring, then the word 'dull' would be on every page of all the dictionaries in the world.

sade

I don't think I'm that boring. Neither do others when they past my reservations. It must be the surprise element and spontaneous nature. I do like to have fun, and I'm not very serious normally.

This brings to mind.. I wonder what it means when people say that there's something theateresque in you or your behavior?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
woah, holy resurrection Batman!

Gosh. Reading through things I said back then, I wonder if some evil hacker took over my identity! :blush:

Course nowadays I'd just unashamedly say yes, they are boring, except ENFP's. :cheese:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Heck, no. I love NFs, as a rule.

Generally speaking, I think if you find an NF boring, it's because they don't trust you enough to be themselves around you.