User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Okay. That's a scary INFJ. :horor: It's got to suck for her, being psycho and boring at the same time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I like the way Toonia puts things better than you I mean, she challenges me and points out my faults, but she doesn't try to lay all the faults for everything at my damn door!
    i don't know either you or toonia and that is really strange response, but it speaks volumes.

cheers

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i don't know either you or toonia and that is really strange response, but it speaks volumes.

cheers
    Hehe sorry, I used the wrong emoticon, I meant the one with the small p like :p and not the big one!

Look, we got off on the wrong foot - okay, so I'm sorry, I was totally doing the opposite of what I was protesting that NF's should understand I do, which was to speak clearly and without holding back anything, saying what I mean. In that post I made on INTPc I was blatantly in the grip of emotions, handling which is not my strong point, and I was making a rash statement that was basically me trying to get validation really, for the frustration I was feeling at the time. And so I expressed myself badly and I''m to blame for having come across more sure of what I was saying than I really felt.

And then I was doing totally what I was moaning at NF's for doing, which was personalising a helfpully meant comment and perceiving attack where there was none. But only cos it's on a subject that brings a lot of raw stuff up for me. I'm not normally like that.

You're right it's not easy for NT's to say sorry... it comes from being used to being right, so it can bowl you over a bit when suddenly you realise you're not*

Oh, and the arrogance, of course...

*joke, by the way... for clarity!

MBTI
    INTj

For an ENTP, substitute seems to be a really nice guy.

*makes note*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    If you can only communicate with maybe 10% - 12% of the population with no problem, then I don't think it's the other 90% with issues. What kind of feedback to you solicit? How do you react when someone says you're not saying what you think you're saying? Do you try to understand why people don't understand you and readjust what you're saying to make it clearer?
    Well, if you read the majority of my posts, you'll see that I do do that. I've learned to predict pretty well how someone will respond and so I avoid most of the snafus nowadays. As my preferred style, usually I play by ear now, throwing out ideas in a more general sense and then clarifying when I get questions, rather than in putting lots of time in on the "perfect answer" and having the work be entirely wasted because I lost my audience at some point or miscalculated.

However, I still feel I have every right to simply "bemoan my fate" once in awhile, just so you know where I'm coming from. I'm not suggesting other people are wrong, I'm simply expressing that, yes, personally, I do feel frustrating over this simply because of how I work... but it's certainly not an excuse to not change. As the communicator, I need to do what works for my audience, if I want to be understood.

Once you put something out in the atmosphere, you have very little control over how it's interpreted and that's something that needs to be realized before the communication process begins. No amount of preventive maintenance will stop people from interpreting something as they will. I don't think it's cold reality, as in something that's unwanted, it's a necessary part of reality. Multiple interpretations, even bad ones, make your idea stronger. You could get an idea you've never even thought of out of some alternate interpretation.
    Yes, that's one thing I had to learn. Rather than trying to come up with "my" idea and my "solitary" interpretation, I benefit more from the feedback . I love getting surprised. Still, it takes awhile for a solid I to learn this sort of thing and then appreciate it.

You are exactly right. This is why presentation matters and when people denigrate the importance of this, it becomes counterproductive to your own goals. This seems so obvious to me that I don't even think about it that much.
    Yep. Well, remember, that's how your personality is slanted. For an INTP who naturally is just seeking to "define the nature of things," it takes a good bit of readjustment to CHANGE and instead focus on communicating the thought to a particular audience.

Not an excuse. Just that it's something you do naturally, while I had to learn it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

And here's an NT explaining that Mac is a shit stirring word twister :P
    Who? Me?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post

*makes note*
    that's why i do this when reading his posts...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post

*makes note*
    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    that's why i do this when reading his posts...
    What??

:SaiyanSmilie_anim:

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What??

:SaiyanSmilie_anim:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

How many NFs think I believe NFs are boring?