User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    I'm always amazed at the spectrum of people that like WWF.
    I think it's a good rule of thumb for me in dating: Likes wrestling? Not dating him. Nosir.

I've known NFs who were not boring. Treakly is more my reaction, if I have a negative one. Like WWF and harlequin romance covers and taking JRPG stories very seriously and thinking of the children and responding to a logical argument by saying "But isn't X what really matters?" in that lifetime movie of the week voice.

Oprah-itis. That's the ticket.

Not all are like this by far, but it's a tendancy I've noted. I don't know if I'd call it boring. Mundane, maybe?

Anyway, all types have their own mundane shit. The NT's fascination with obscure systems can often be boring to everyone else in the world ("I'm cataloguing MOSS!!"), SJ's need for routine and order leading to everyone having fun in an orderly, scheduled fashion, and the stereotypical SP hedonist who killed just a few too many braincells.
    Let's do this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by meshou View Post
    I think it's a good rule of thumb for me in dating: Likes wrestling? Not dating him. Nosir.

I've known NFs who were not boring. Treakly is more my reaction, if I have a negative one. Like WWF and harlequin romance covers and taking JRPG stories very seriously and thinking of the children and responding to a logical argument by saying "But isn't X what really matters?" in that lifetime movie of the week voice.

Oprah-itis. That's the ticket.

Not all are like this by far, but it's a tendancy I've noted. I don't know if I'd call it boring. Mundane, maybe?
    Did you just compare NF's to WWF??? Please tell me you did cause that would be amusing.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    Did you just compare NF's to WWF??? Please tell me you did cause that would be amusing.
    Mm hm. The boring ones, absolutely. A disproportionate number of the NFs who I've known (and who were boring) LOOOOOVED it. Loved it. Also, airbrushed wolf shirts.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think I'm pretty guarded which turns out to be boring at times. I've made the occasional off-color (for me) joke and surprised a lot of people who thought I had no edge at all.
    That sounds awfully familiar. Even what i would deem my closest friends seem to forget how dark my sense of humor actually is.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sdalek View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that this is a sideways ad hominem attack? Of what legitimate value is attacking a Type in the supposed serious discussion of MBTI? Wouldn't it be of more appropriate to say that ANY type can be boring depending upon their individual personality? Isn't it equally valid to say that what one person may find boring, might be exciting to another, and vice-versa. Maybe that's the way they are; There is nothing wrong with that. It's not a valid reason to attack and invalidate that person as a human being.

Why is the fact that NFs may never do anything that rocks the boat or may never take a controversial position to avoid offending others boring? Maybe, from their perspective, it just is simply a case of they don't have time for that kind of excitement as they have things to do that are more important and by extension more exciting to them. Perhaps it needs to be considered that while their actions may be perceived by non-NFs as boring, NF themselves are not boring. Then again, maybe the shoe needs to be put on the other foot; Maybe NFs find non-NFs boring?
    I would agree with this.

Every temparement has it's definition of interesting and boring. It's all relative. NF's might just aswell see NT's as boring because they're emotionally constricted, talking about topics that may not be valuable, insisting on being rational instead of letting go to their feelings, etc.

I think the point that NF's can't hold controversial stances is false. In fact, NF's can often be seen fighting for what they believe in to try to improve the world around them. NF's will hold controversial stances on those topics they believe are worthwile and valuable.

I think we have to be careful when we feel an urge to condemn a type or temparement by making unfair generalizations. Often, our criticism tells us alot more about our own shortcomings than about the other type or temperament.

MBTI
    INFP

I find myself pretty bloody boring, but that's probably just due to overexposure. Everywhere I go, there I am. I just can't get away from me. The people I find interesting are the people who are willing to have or show unusual thoughts. Crackpots and heretics. I hate it when people continually give you either balanced perspectives or balancing perspectives. Forget the balance. If I give an unbalanced perspective then push me further. Don't correct me. Don't show me the bigger picture. You don't get epiphanies by considering all sides of the argument. Which is why I find NTs interesting to talk to. Driven by logic they have fewer factors to consider in forming opinions. Thus they are more often to get it spectacularly wrong. I guess there's an element of schadenfreude there, but it isn't just that. Exposure to new thoughts is gold for an introvert. It means exposure to new stimuli and makes your world a bigger place. I've rarely gotten that from someone presenting a balanced perspective. A balanced, tested perspective is essentially a regurgitated meal. I find that Ti and Fi tends to satisfy me personally in supplying what I crave from other people.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Why do I get the feeling that this is a sideways ad hominem attack?
    I really didn't take this thread as an "attack" more like reaction-seeking for entertainment purposes. I thought it was pretty damn obvious, not sideways, so I didn't feel the need to give a serious response. I don't mind taking the bait today .
    Every temparement has it's definition of interesting and boring. It's all relative. NF's might just aswell see NT's as boring because they're emotionally constricted, talking about topics that may not be valuable, insisting on being rational instead of letting go to their feelings, etc.

I think the point that NF's can't hold controversial stances is false. In fact, NF's can often be seen fighting for what they believe in to try to improve the world around them. NF's will hold controversial stances on those topics they believe are worthwile and valuable.
    I personally find NTs can at times be excruciatingly boring. Predictability plays a large factor in this for me regarding any type actually. I can generally predict when an NT is going to over-analyze to the point of making my eyes glaze over . Do I consider myself predictable? Yes I probably am in certain areas though I have been known to even surprise myself. I think it's funny that some seem convinced that NFs CAN'T get up enough gumption to piss people off or be controversial. I have watched other NFs around the forums though and understand how this can be concluded. It is of course an over-generalization but sometimes these statements make the best threads!!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    So how does the NF communicate about things that are exciting to them? Do they withhold them, or are others unable to appreciate them?
    Why wouldn't NFs communicate what is exciting to them? If they don't do it with the general public, why wouldn't they become writers or musicians or artists? Isn't it the individual who feels great passion and reflects on it in the abstract the most likely to be driven to create? But many people find the arts boring. I am honestly confused by this whole subject because there are so many opinions out there about what is boring. If we are basing it on the high school value system of partying and such that's one thing, but what is the relevant demographic here?

As far as answering it personally, I am absolutely boring to some, absolutely inspiring to others, and somewhere inbetween to most. The question as it is posed, I can't answer. It's like asking, 'is the sky boring?' or 'are frogs boring?' or 'are muppets boring?'.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTj

As some may know . . . to me, boring equals predictable when applied to people. Therefore, someone would have to be very predictable for me to describe that person as "boring." And even though that reality happens for me all the time, the people that fall into that category range across all types and all personalities. I don't discriminate . . . it just happens.

With that said, I'm certain that I would never view an entire group of people as boring. I know this because group dynamics are a great interest to me. And beyond that, if I was fortunate enough to be able to analyze a group of ESFPs isolated in a room, for example, the variation between them would be vast and interesting in itself.

I will concede, however, that there are numerous personality traits that annoy me. But I can find several of those within all sixteen types . . . . even my own.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am similar to Haight with this, in that "boring" = "predictable." The people who make me laugh the most are the ones who surprise me.

Also, I get a real thrill when I see someone acting most like "themselves" -- when someone does something that seems more "them" or indicative of their personality or character. (The notion of being "true to oneself"?) I guess another way to say it is authenticity: When someone is authentic, I don't find them boring at all.

In any case, I really cannot categorize a whole group of people as boring. Each individual is different, regardless of general type, and I take each one on his or her own terms.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft