User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Pardon my ignorance about this, but what does Ne gotta do with it? I mean how does it actually work in relation to boredom? thanks
    Dominant Ne means you're easily distracted, that you can't stand routine and will spontaneously seek variety, new ideas and insights everywhere.

If you can't do that, you will get bored very, very fast.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yes, there are two types of boring, those that have nothing going on inside and those that refuse to show it.
    Those who don't show what is going often do so because of prejudicial feelings.

I.e. they have seen someone do something similar and have decided "woahh, I'm not going to put my hand in that fireplace" .

I'm a lot like that, but not to the degree where it disturbs people around me(or not to my knowledge, I could however be wrong :P).

Any other INFJ's agree?
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post

I.e. they have seen someone do something similar and have decided "woahh, I'm not going to put my hand in that fireplace" .

I'm a lot like that, but not to the degree where it disturbs people around me(or not to my knowledge, I could however be wrong :P).

Any other INFJ's agree?
    Here here
    I take the no thanks approach as well
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Dominant Ne means you're easily distracted, that you can't stand routine and will spontaneously seek variety, new ideas and insights everywhere.

If you can't do that, you will get bored very, very fast.
    Thanks Blackmail.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post

Any other INFJ's agree?
    To add to this, in another topic we discussed why INFJs hold back. One of the reasons suggested was that in a lot of cases our thoughts are tied closely to our beliefs and values, and so if someone were to reject them it would be like rejecting us as a person at the same time. We have a hard shell and a soft core, and we let very few people venture into that area of us.

People will ask me what my view on something is, and I refuse to talk about it because I know all they want to do is argue about it and prove me wrong. I despise conflict (to me there it is one of the biggest wastes of time) and so I end up just becoming passive and letting them think they win or that they have put out my flame or something. Regardless of what people say, I cup my flame and walk alone against the winds of society and I'm ok with that. I have close friends that I can debate with, and we have an unspoken rule that forbids hurt feelings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ?N?P

I'm an NF and I think I'm probably boring to some people. I'm terrible at small talk, so if I'm in a situation where people are chatting about the weather and the latest baseball scores, I will just shut up. But if I can get past that with someone, we will have a million things to talk about and I can't imagine being bored or boring.

It's fascinating that the NT board thinks of NFs as boring. I can't get NTs to leave me alone. I've had more than one NT tell me that they can talk to me more easily than anyone else. SJs have no use for me and my endless musings about life.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    In discussing non-INTPs over at that other board, one poster commented that he found NFs kind of dull.

I can see why this statement is made, some NFs will never do anything that rocks the boat or take a controversial position to avoid offending others.

I don't agree with this, I find other aspects of NFs very interesting.

But I wonder, do you view yourself as boring? Non-NFs, do you find NFs boring?
    Are you kidding me? In my experiences the ENFP is the least boring of all the personality types, speaking just to burn time and always seeking to live the moment. He is always light-hearted and transfers joy to everyone he talks to.

INF's are probably a different story; I actually never met one before. I am sure they can be quite fun, when you get to know them.

MBTI
    INFP

Talking The Hiatus is over...MBTI is Angel

Am I boring, Am I boring...naw but that may just be just because I've had to drop the elbow on to many jabronis.

WWE watcher (even if it's boring) and a fun guy to be around when I'm not in leave me the f alone mode.
    I wanted to put something funny here but I got lazy so screw it.

INFP 4w5 Intimate Mercurial, Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    INFP

boring to people who don't understand them or their interests

fun to those who do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

woooo completely wrong generalizations. go mbtic go!
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1