• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I consider myself pretty boring because I think I'm just so reserved and kind of silent by nature, I have a good sense of humour but I'm not particularly funny, I'm not extraverted. In many respects I think E's are not dull and I's kinda are, but only on that one dimension (socially). I need the company of an extravert to really get my own energy at that same level, then I might be extremely fun to be around. :)

But as far as the depth of my personality goes, I don't think I'm dull at all. I have a lot going on inside, it's constant inner turmoil. :shock:

The thing is, I don't think I could get bored even if I didn't do anything. It takes a lot of time to process, contemplate and just think about things. I'm most comfortable just doing nothing really :cheese: , chilling with a few close friends for example. A lot of people find it boring and I feel like I always have to defend myself for being like that, as it's seen somehow lazy or effortless by others, even though I don't think I'm those things at all.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think I come off sort of borring to new people, because I don't get the guts to start talking to them..it's kind of annoying, because you get judged by people.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm possibly an INFJ, and I think I'm personally somewhat boring. I don't think NFs in general are necessarily boring, but I do have to admit that NTs seem to try and hoard a lot of the more interesting topics to themselves and leave everyone else with the boring, creepy stuff.

Considering what's left in imagination after the NTs have picked over it, you could hardly blame NFs if they were a little boring.
That's the funniest thing I read all day. I actually laughed outloud. :rofl1:

I consider myself pretty boring because I think I'm just so reserved and kind of silent by nature, I have a good sense of humour but I'm not particularly funny, I'm not extraverted...
Why am I finding these posts so entertaining? :hug: Maybe it's because I keep reading them with Stephen Wright's voice in my head.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i find myself boring because i know myself better than anyone else so there is nothing new here. and it depends on who you talk to. some people might find me boring. some other people might find me fascinating... its kinda relative and really, type has nothing to do with it because im personally fascinated by SJs but most people seem to find them "boring".

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
The thing about "boring" is that's it's often not what it says it is.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most people probably see me as boring because I am pretty quiet and unexpressive unless I know a person well or I get vibes that the person won't judge me for being me. I think it comes from a lifetime of weird looks and disparaging comments from SJs when I spoke about my interests or the things that run through my brain. I used to be much more extroverted. However, when I am comfortable with a person I can hardly be called boring.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
All the NFs I've known are not boring in the least.

SJs on the other hand...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm just bored...i'm totally not tired and it's late and i'm bored.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
At work I'm not boring, I'm the one creating new departments/products/processes and tearing down old structures in the name of change. But in the sense that I don't sky-dive on the weekends, I'm not a rockstar, and I've never been to India to find spiritual enlightenment at the top of some cold mountain, I'm extremely boring.

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think some people do think I am boring. I'm not sure. I guess I am predictable because I have such strong values. E.g. I have such a strong conviction to be kind hearted to everyone, even to those who do wrong to me. Even if someone has done wrong by me, I could never handle treating them in such a way. I would feel terrible if I said something mean to someone. In fact, I instantly forgive. And people take advantage of me because of this. I never stand up for myself...I just can't, because of my deep beliefs about being compassionate to everyone. It's strange, I know.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
If anything, I cause a lot of people to think "she needs to just...calm the hell down...it's only an idea..."

Ha! So true. People are constantly telling me, "God, you care about everything way too much," but at the same time seem to think I'm rather amusing (random thought-process, slightly emotional but distant at the same time--cycling between hyperness and seriousness, but with a mind constantly racing=comical to watch, I guess!).