• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Eye Contact...can "depth" be inferred?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think any conclusions can be drawn from how someone you know responds to locking eyes?

[not a typing thread i swear!}
Theres a girl who i see practically every day for a couple hours (class), we're both talkative, laughing with each other. Im totally stuck on how deep her psyche goes.... I cant decide if shes ESFP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ESTP. i just cant, moments where i think "NF!" others..."damn....esfp.... :( " ....and yet others "shit maybe ESTX?"

and then there are rare moments when we are laughing that for some reason and we both decide to go for the eyes....

...and then we both REALIZE...and then i dunno...i cant figure out though WHAT we're realizing!

-awkwardness?
-"interest" ahem :)
-"i like you as a friend, but stop looking into my soul!!!" :devil:

so does soul depth really leak out the eyes a little as so many romantics (in the artsy sense) would say?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
If's she an ESFP, they can kinda do this stuff without realising. In my experience.. it may just mean you've been hit by their natural charisma.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If's she an ESFP, they can kinda do this stuff without realising. In my experience.. it may just mean you've been hit by their natural charisma.

so you would be agreeing with some one who would say: S's can create as much "i see 'you' through your eyes" feelings as anyone?

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
i would say interest as well. the last time i had that where you just kinda gaze into a girls eyes and she gazes back at you we ended up making sweet sweet... sandwiches... awww yeah!!

granted i'm a guy, i think unless you two just ended a deep and profound conversation or a big apology (i.e. you were just making playful conversation) then it was desire.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i would say interest as well. the last time i had that where you just kinda gaze into a girls eyes and she gazes back at you we ended up making sweet sweet... sandwiches... awww yeah!!

granted i'm a guy, i think unless you two just ended a deep and profound conversation or a big apology (i.e. you were just making playful conversation) then it was desire.
im not sure if gaze is a word applied to 5 long seconds of eye contact

that would be nice....someone for once is not annoyed by Ne :). but that doesnt add up with the constant friend vibe i get....
ok obviously innuendo counts as flirting...but what about non innuendo sex jokes: like about she started laughing, and i asked her about waht, and she told me about her friends comments on her BF's **** and its uses ...lol... this is sounding more and more ESFP isnt it

but then again she makes some of strangest and yet hillarious comments on sex (but not in a flirting way..well except for the thermometer comment :shock: ....i want no part of that!) thats why i say XSXX...but then the eye contact thing made me wonder if shes actaully an N....

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Not sure, but I'd bet the whole sustained eye contact thing has more to do with confidence, habit, or physical attraction than the depth of the soul. IMHO

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
does she lock eyes like that w/ all her friends or just you?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
does she lock eyes like that w/ all her friends or just you?

shes mostly pretty reserved around me (even though i have the utmost intelligence that shes the biggest extrovert on the planet)...until i say something Ne ish and sometimes that gets a rise out of her....that and when someone comments on me to me...i sometimes get my sentences finished for me :huh: .....but then again i kind of just drop all this speculation when i hear her call me things like "bud" or "buddie" :doh:

i always thought the number one indicator of interest, was well, interest in your life! i seem to ask her more about her random stuff then she does of me....but then again...shes never "cold"

the INTP is helping the NFP with how others perceive him...oh the irony :)

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
When I have a crush I call my crushes buddy when I'm talking to them!!! Sometimes I just want to know if they are going to clarify that we are more than buddies or just see their reaction to me calling them buddy.

I really think it is interest in you. The next time she calls you buddy, try a sly comment about buddies and gauge her reaction. Then tell me.

Hey, is your name Brian by the way? LMAO.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I have a crush I call my crushes buddy when I'm talking to them!!! Sometimes I just want to know if they are going to clarify that we are more than buddies or just see their reaction to me calling them buddy.

I really think it is interest in you. The next time she calls you buddy, try a sly comment about buddies and gauge her reaction. Then tell me.

Hey, is your name Brian by the way? LMAO.

no....but wait! is your na-- im not sure computer/internet savy she is...im gonna keep my mouth shut :devil:

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
She just may be an ENFP too, buddy.

There was a thread on here when I first started posting about ENFP's and crushes. It seems that a few ENFP's were reserved/withdrawn with their crushes.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
no....but wait! is your na-- im not sure computer/internet savy she is...im gonna keep my mouth shut :devil:

Damn, I was ready to bring out a sweeping romantic score!! :D

If she doesn't like you now, recurrent episodes of intense eye contact will result in some sort of response eventually - so be prepared to be hit with a restraining order or get ready for some good lovin'. :D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know about depth in the eyes (I have no experience in it) but at least a sense of humour can be detected from somebody's eyes. The eyes are smiling or "sparkling" when a person has a sense of humour. ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I gather *a lot* of information from eye contact, and measure a person's relative warmth, depth, pain, sadness, happiness, kindness, intelligence, cruelty, callousness, etc.

I am one of those ninnies that prescribe to that whole, "eyes are the window to the soul", notion.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Do your experiences bear out your intuitions about people's eyes?

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I have a really hard time keeping eye contact.
I feel like my thoughts get distracted when I look people in the eyes, when I look away I'm more capable of listening and processing the things that are being said.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i subscribe to Nicole's book of shadow intuitions
i even have a chapter Ni-t