User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Default Eye Contact...can "depth" be inferred?

Do you think any conclusions can be drawn from how someone you know responds to locking eyes?

[not a typing thread i swear!}
    Theres a girl who i see practically every day for a couple hours (class), we're both talkative, laughing with each other. Im totally stuck on how deep her psyche goes.... I cant decide if shes ESFP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ESTP. i just cant, moments where i think "NF!" others..."damn....esfp.... " ....and yet others "shit maybe ESTX?"

and then there are rare moments when we are laughing that for some reason and we both decide to go for the eyes....

...and then we both REALIZE...and then i dunno...i cant figure out though WHAT we're realizing!

-awkwardness?
    -"interest" ahem
    -"i like you as a friend, but stop looking into my soul!!!"

so does soul depth really leak out the eyes a little as so many romantics (in the artsy sense) would say?

MBTI
    INXP

If's she an ESFP, they can kinda do this stuff without realising. In my experience.. it may just mean you've been hit by their natural charisma.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    If's she an ESFP, they can kinda do this stuff without realising. In my experience.. it may just mean you've been hit by their natural charisma.
    so you would be agreeing with some one who would say: S's can create as much "i see 'you' through your eyes" feelings as anyone?

MBTI
    EXXP

Interest, definitely.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    INTP

i would say interest as well. the last time i had that where you just kinda gaze into a girls eyes and she gazes back at you we ended up making sweet sweet... sandwiches... awww yeah!!

granted i'm a guy, i think unless you two just ended a deep and profound conversation or a big apology (i.e. you were just making playful conversation) then it was desire.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    i would say interest as well. the last time i had that where you just kinda gaze into a girls eyes and she gazes back at you we ended up making sweet sweet... sandwiches... awww yeah!!

granted i'm a guy, i think unless you two just ended a deep and profound conversation or a big apology (i.e. you were just making playful conversation) then it was desire.
    im not sure if gaze is a word applied to 5 long seconds of eye contact

that would be nice....someone for once is not annoyed by Ne . but that doesnt add up with the constant friend vibe i get....
    ok obviously innuendo counts as flirting...but what about non innuendo sex jokes: like about she started laughing, and i asked her about waht, and she told me about her friends comments on her BF's **** and its uses ...lol... this is sounding more and more ESFP isnt it

but then again she makes some of strangest and yet hillarious comments on sex (but not in a flirting way..well except for the thermometer comment ....i want no part of that!) thats why i say XSXX...but then the eye contact thing made me wonder if shes actaully an N....

MBTI
    INFJ

Not sure, but I'd bet the whole sustained eye contact thing has more to do with confidence, habit, or physical attraction than the depth of the soul. IMHO
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INTP

does she lock eyes like that w/ all her friends or just you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    does she lock eyes like that w/ all her friends or just you?
    shes mostly pretty reserved around me (even though i have the utmost intelligence that shes the biggest extrovert on the planet)...until i say something Ne ish and sometimes that gets a rise out of her....that and when someone comments on me to me...i sometimes get my sentences finished for me .....but then again i kind of just drop all this speculation when i hear her call me things like "bud" or "buddie"

i always thought the number one indicator of interest, was well, interest in your life! i seem to ask her more about her random stuff then she does of me....but then again...shes never "cold"

the INTP is helping the NFP with how others perceive him...oh the irony

MBTI
    EXXP

When I have a crush I call my crushes buddy when I'm talking to them!!! Sometimes I just want to know if they are going to clarify that we are more than buddies or just see their reaction to me calling them buddy.

I really think it is interest in you. The next time she calls you buddy, try a sly comment about buddies and gauge her reaction. Then tell me.

Hey, is your name Brian by the way? LMAO.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips