User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was really intrigued by this topic and found some videos on it. I was skeptical about all the "findings" they had, but as soon as I thought about it more and observed the people around me, I began to see these exact signs!

fe smiles.jpg
    fi smile.jpg

These pictures were from the videos. It says that Fi users have smiles that seem to move towards the nose vs. Fe users which are more towards the ears. Now, I have noticed this in the Fi-users that I know! I think some people have mentioned that Fi users seem to smile with their eyes, like their eyes get small and I think it may be due to this habit where the smile concentrates towards the nose. I even notice that Fi users' noses (well atleast the dom and auxilary users...) seems to crinkle more when they smile versus Fe users. Now, it is still a learning process for me and I don't have definitive proof yet that this is the case for everyone, but I have seen this pattern and it seems plausible to me.

I actually really like Fi-smiles. I really do think it shows off a more child-like innocence and joy. When I see an Fi-user laugh at something, it is contagious, and I laugh instantly.

Here is more information about it:

http://cognitivetype.boards.net/thre...le-differences

Also here is a video to see more of how it looks (it is easier to spot in videos than pictures...but it is subtle and can still be easy to miss):
    (go to 1:52min)

(The pictures from above come from the same line of vids, but it is the SeFi version.)

Now some warning, it gets kind of annoying how the captions flash so fast in the vids that you can't read it, but when you pause it at those moments (like the vids say for you to do), then you start learning the technique and things to look for. I don't know if I believe everything on the vids yet...but the whole Fe vs Fi smile thing really sold me, cuz I have seen it in real life before...
    "..being human is being always directed, and pointing to something or someone other than oneself: to a meaning to fulfill or another human being to encounter, a cause to serve or a person to love."
    -Viktor Frankl

ISFP 4w5 sp/sx (was mistyped as ENFJ for a long time )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Probably said a thousand times already on this thread, but tl;dr

An Fe is more expressive in their eyes. This is why I wonder why my friends think I'm an Fi user, because I have EXTREMELY expressive eyes. Fe users also communicate with their faces. Sometimes, you can tell how an Fe user REALLY feels by their facial expressions. Also, when they smile, their ENTIRE face just smiles -- not just their mouth curve. Their eyes sort of squint in a smile-like formation, and their noses wrinkle a little bit.

Fi is more of a poker face. They smile with their mouths, and not necessarily with their eyes. They are better at lying because they don't show facial expressions.

This is why I love ENTPs. They find it especially amazing that I can tell what they REALLY feel/think because they (mostly the females) are very expressive in their faces, and I'll tell their story and blow their minds.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by idkman24 View Post
    Probably said a thousand times already on this thread, but tl;dr

An Fe is more expressive in their eyes. This is why I wonder why my friends think I'm an Fi user, because I have EXTREMELY expressive eyes. Fe users also communicate with their faces. Sometimes, you can tell how an Fe user REALLY feels by their facial expressions. Also, when they smile, their ENTIRE face just smiles -- not just their mouth curve. Their eyes sort of squint in a smile-like formation, and their noses wrinkle a little bit.

Fi is more of a poker face. They smile with their mouths, and not necessarily with their eyes. They are better at lying because they don't show facial expressions.

This is why I love ENTPs. They find it especially amazing that I can tell what they REALLY feel/think because they (mostly the females) are very expressive in their faces, and I'll tell their story and blow their minds.
    hmmm. well Fe users are certainly more animated more often in their faces. however, when an Fi user really feels something, their face will express this pure, unadulterated feeling. when an Fi user really deeply feels joy, their smile will be one of the purest expressions of that feeling you've ever seen. with Fe users it's a little less extreme but the animation is more constant imo.

A wannabe dog

No idea whether I use Fe or Fi. But how on earth do people managed to smile in front of the camera?

I am not very good at smiling in front of cameras. Faking a smile in front of the camera feels so unnatural to me. I tend to look very melancholy in photos, and you can tell how forced my smile is, it takes a lot of effort for me to smile in photo and even when I try smiling there is still this tension in my face that prevents me from smiling brightly.
    If a person wants to take a picture of me with a bright smile on my face, they will have to wait until a time when I'm in a good mood and is smiling away happily and then they snap a picture of me secretly, because I can only give a bright smile when I feel really happy.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post