• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ne-heavy INFPs

S

Stansmith

Some observations: Pe-ish humor, come off as somewhat ambiverted, a bit more jittery/animate, and have less of a sullen quality to them. Some examples:

Fiona Apple

Harmony Korine

Kid Cudi

Edit:

Andrew Garfield

How typical are they?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All 3 examples are pothead INFPs

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live in a cave and have no idea who these people are, but Fiona Apple seems pretty cool, very bouncy and expansive! I identify as an auxiliary Ne user as well, and I related very much to presenting the ideas out in a stream and with force, but of course with gaps here and there to provide a focus to the flow, think things through. And that part about how she doesn't venture far beyond her friends and zone of living was a point of understanding on my part. She for one seems to be a good example in favor of people potentially being full of mental charge and powerful energy, yet also be introverted all in one.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about Andrew Garfield ? He's infp for sure but seems bouncy.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I submit Bill Watterson, of Calvin and Hobbes fame, as an example of Ne-heavy INFP's.

What about Andrew Garfield ? He's infp for sure but seems bouncy.

I agree. He's very fidgety in interviews, and alternates between extreme earnestness and jokey self-deprecation.

I suspect I am a Ne-heavy INFP myself. There are some really dark INFP's, and it makes me doubt my INFPness. I guess residing in the head center (e6), makes me much more jittery and prone to go on humorous tangents. I can definitely relate to Fiona's headspace in that video.

Not everyone can have that intense, super Fi, that someone like [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] has. I feel like I'll never be one of those cool artistic INFP's. :cry:

S

Stansmith

On the topic of Fi-doms:

ISFP-Se (not speaking in socionics terms)

ISFP-Fi

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. He's very fidgety in interviews, and alternates between extreme earnestness and jokey self-deprecation.

I suspect I am a Ne-heavy INFP myself. There are some really dark INFP's, and it makes me doubt my INFPness. I guess residing in the head center (e6), makes me much more jittery and prone to go on humorous tangents. I can definitely relate to Fiona's headspace in that video.

I don't have the kind of intense, super Fi, that someone like [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] has. I feel like I'll never be one of those cool artistic INFP's.

was wondering what his etype was think 6w7 would fit? or 4w3? he's definitely not 4w5 right?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
was wondering what his etype was think 6w7 would fit? or 4w3? he's definitely not 4w5 right?

He seems too grounded in the heart center to come off as a 6 to me. I suspect that a lot of celebrity INFP's look 6w7ish simply because they're wearing their Ne face and probably feel a little awkward. I think he's 4w3. If he was 4w5, he'd probably act more aloof and reticent.

I'm not sure though, I haven't watched him a whole lot, haven't read any interviews. He's a pretty talented dude!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seems too grounded in the heart center to come off as a 6 to me. I suspect that a lot of celebrity INFP's look 6w7ish simply because they're wearing their Ne face and probably feel a little awkward. I think he's 4w3. If he was 4w5, he'd probably act more aloof and reticent.

I'm not sure though, I haven't watched him a whole lot, haven't read any interviews. He's a pretty talented dude!

cool...i have two infp girl friends who i don't know what they are either but they're both happy bouncy infps too....hmm maybe 4w3 yeah

S

Stansmith

cool...i have two infp girl friends who i don't know what they are either but they're both happy bouncy infps too....hmm maybe 4w3 yeah

I think bouncy INFPs tend to be 6, 7-fixed or So/Sx. I type Fiona as 469, and the other 3 in the OP seem 6w7 to me.

Standuble

Not everyone can have that intense, super Fi, that someone like [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] has. I feel like I'll never be one of those cool artistic INFP's. :cry:

How certain are you that you are not? If you're talking about being an enneagram four then it would be a "coolness" at a very high cost.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ha! But in person, among friends anyway, I do the "stream of perceptive, humorous comments" that INFPs are known for. I'm only "intense" with strangers & in certain moments with intimates. I have to watch the ISTJ-like biting remarks though; only I find those amusing, and only if my foot does't enter my yap. Well, sometimes I can get away with it if actually talking to an ISTJ.

My ego is more hung up on being creative, insightful, and having integrity than possessing that Ne kind of cleverness & originality.

Of the OP, I relate most to Fiona, but then, she's a woman. She's much more jittery than I usually am though. There are times I've thought her a 6, as she also has some kind of OCD where she gets panicky over weird stuff (read an anecdote about her digging through a dumpster middle of the night in fear she threw something out). I don't relate to that kind of neurosis & would expect it more likely to develop from a head type, but then maybe that's just illness & not an extension of the ego fixation. She mostly seems pretty obvious 4.

B

brainheart

I don't know whether there are 'two types of INFPs' so much as it just depends on the situation. Sometimes I'm goofy Ne-ish. Sometimes I'm very Fi with little evidence of Ne. Check out these two examples of Mike White I just posted and you'll see what I'm talking about-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41520&page=12&p=2168846&viewfull=1#post2168846

As far as 'less of a sullen quality' goes, you might want to keep in mind that Fiona Apple did write a song titled Sullen Girl. And here she talks about it-

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some observations: Pe-ish humor, come off as somewhat ambiverted, a bit more jittery/animate, and have less of a sullen quality to them. Some examples:

Fiona Apple

great interview. what type would you say the interviewer is? he seems to be pretty good at bouncing off her ideas etc, maybe Ne-dom ->ENTP?

when we talk about Ne-INFPs and Fi-INFPs, do we assume that the 3rd function is still Si and the 4th Te? I mean, what would be the difference between an Ne-INFP and an ENFP, is it just a gradation or do you think a Ne->Fi->Si->Te (Ne-INFP) typology system is possible?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm ne heavy INFP but not a pot head explain that [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]

S

Stansmith

great interview. what type would you say the interviewer is? he seems to be pretty good at bouncing off her ideas etc, maybe Ne-dom ->ENTP?

when we talk about Ne-INFPs and Fi-INFPs, do we assume that the 3rd function is still Si and the 4th Te? I mean, what would be the difference between an Ne-INFP and an ENFP, is it just a gradation or do you think a Ne->Fi->Si->Te (Ne-INFP) typology system is possible?

I'm not really trying to describe them as legitimate subtypes, it's just a minor variation I've noticed. They all still come off as Fi-Dom.

S

Stansmith

Despite the fact that ENFPs are described as ambiverts, I feel like their presence is usually pretty obvious once they get going. The INFPs I posted in the OP are still somewhat 'stiff' in comparison to actual ENFPs.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm ne heavy INFP but not a pot head explain that [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]

Lol I wasn't saying Ne-heavy INFPs are all potheads, just know that Fiona Apple and Kid Cudi have both been arrested for drug possession and I think Harmony Korine was a junkie. Just an observation :shrug:

B

brainheart

Despite the fact that ENFPs are described as ambiverts, I feel like their presence is usually pretty obvious once they get going. The INFPs I posted in the OP are still somewhat 'stiff' in comparison to actual ENFPs.

Yeah, definitely agree. I can seem ENFP-ish at times, but then when I'm around a real ENFP it's so obvious I'm not an ENFP. INFPs are a lot more stiff as you say, good way to describe it.