User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Ne-heavy INFPs

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    cool...i have two infp girl friends who i don't know what they are either but they're both happy bouncy infps too....hmm maybe 4w3 yeah
    I think bouncy INFPs tend to be 6, 7-fixed or So/Sx. I type Fiona as 469, and the other 3 in the OP seem 6w7 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Not everyone can have that intense, super Fi, that someone like @OrangeAppled has. I feel like I'll never be one of those cool artistic INFP's.
    How certain are you that you are not? If you're talking about being an enneagram four then it would be a "coolness" at a very high cost.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Not everyone can have that intense, super Fi, that someone like @OrangeAppled has. I feel like I'll never be one of those cool artistic INFP's.
    Ha! But in person, among friends anyway, I do the "stream of perceptive, humorous comments" that INFPs are known for. I'm only "intense" with strangers & in certain moments with intimates. I have to watch the ISTJ-like biting remarks though; only I find those amusing, and only if my foot does't enter my yap. Well, sometimes I can get away with it if actually talking to an ISTJ.

My ego is more hung up on being creative, insightful, and having integrity than possessing that Ne kind of cleverness & originality.

Of the OP, I relate most to Fiona, but then, she's a woman. She's much more jittery than I usually am though. There are times I've thought her a 6, as she also has some kind of OCD where she gets panicky over weird stuff (read an anecdote about her digging through a dumpster middle of the night in fear she threw something out). I don't relate to that kind of neurosis & would expect it more likely to develop from a head type, but then maybe that's just illness & not an extension of the ego fixation. She mostly seems pretty obvious 4.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

brainheart

I don't know whether there are 'two types of INFPs' so much as it just depends on the situation. Sometimes I'm goofy Ne-ish. Sometimes I'm very Fi with little evidence of Ne. Check out these two examples of Mike White I just posted and you'll see what I'm talking about-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2168846

As far as 'less of a sullen quality' goes, you might want to keep in mind that Fiona Apple did write a song titled Sullen Girl. And here she talks about it-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Some observations: Pe-ish humor, come off as somewhat ambiverted, a bit more jittery/animate, and have less of a sullen quality to them. Some examples:

Fiona Apple

great interview. what type would you say the interviewer is? he seems to be pretty good at bouncing off her ideas etc, maybe Ne-dom ->ENTP?

when we talk about Ne-INFPs and Fi-INFPs, do we assume that the 3rd function is still Si and the 4th Te? I mean, what would be the difference between an Ne-INFP and an ENFP, is it just a gradation or do you think a Ne->Fi->Si->Te (Ne-INFP) typology system is possible?

MBTI
    yupp

I'm ne heavy INFP but not a pot head explain that @chana

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    great interview. what type would you say the interviewer is? he seems to be pretty good at bouncing off her ideas etc, maybe Ne-dom ->ENTP?

when we talk about Ne-INFPs and Fi-INFPs, do we assume that the 3rd function is still Si and the 4th Te? I mean, what would be the difference between an Ne-INFP and an ENFP, is it just a gradation or do you think a Ne->Fi->Si->Te (Ne-INFP) typology system is possible?
    I'm not really trying to describe them as legitimate subtypes, it's just a minor variation I've noticed. They all still come off as Fi-Dom.

Stansmith

Despite the fact that ENFPs are described as ambiverts, I feel like their presence is usually pretty obvious once they get going. The INFPs I posted in the OP are still somewhat 'stiff' in comparison to actual ENFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm ne heavy INFP but not a pot head explain that @chana
    Lol I wasn't saying Ne-heavy INFPs are all potheads, just know that Fiona Apple and Kid Cudi have both been arrested for drug possession and I think Harmony Korine was a junkie. Just an observation

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Despite the fact that ENFPs are described as ambiverts, I feel like their presence is usually pretty obvious once they get going. The INFPs I posted in the OP are still somewhat 'stiff' in comparison to actual ENFPs.
    Yeah, definitely agree. I can seem ENFP-ish at times, but then when I'm around a real ENFP it's so obvious I'm not an ENFP. INFPs are a lot more stiff as you say, good way to describe it.