• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Is INFP the "perfect" type? - All hail the idiosyncratic dreamers of new worlds!

Is INFP the "perfect" type?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is INFP the "perfect" type? - All hail the idiosyncratic dreamers of new worlds!

My argument for INFP potentially being the perfect type:

1. Boundless Imaginations
2. Free Spirits
3. High Ethics
4. Idealistic Visionaries
5. Authentic Personalities
6. Seeking Wisdom
7. Individual Philosophies
8. Understanding Stories
9. True Love
10. Magical Experience

So folks, what do you think: Is INFP the "perfect" type?
All hail the idiosyncratic dreamers of new worlds!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perfect type for what? :cheese:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No type is perfect. INTPs, for instance, can actually be quite oversensitive while at the same time being insensitive towards others.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My argument for INFP potentially being the perfect type:

1. Boundless Imaginations
2. Free Spirits
3. High Ethics
4. Idealistic Visionaries
5. Authentic Personalities
6. Seeking Wisdom
7. Individual Philosophies
8. Understanding Stories
9. True Love
10. Magical Experience

So folks, what do you think: Is INFP the "perfect" type?
All hail the idiosyncratic dreamers of new worlds!

Hello Mr. Raptor,

FTR I voted no. *shows INFP "Get Out Of Jail FREE" card*

While the qualities you've listed are mostly accurate they are not the end all be all by any means and while situationally useful are lacking in many a context that are both useful and meaningful.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
these things are great n' all until you, you know, actually need to get stuff done. this is where the ideal expectations of INFPs tend to crumble

No type is perfect. INTPs, for instance, can actually be quite oversensitive while at the same time being insensitive towards others.
this is very true.
their brand of sensitivity is less predictable and, from my standpoint at least, more bizarre than an FP or FJ's sensitivity.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]: You are of course having us on?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate that you appreciate me and my perfection.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My experience with INFPs is that they present an image of being laid back and relaxed, but are full of arbitrary rules. They also tend to think too much in terms of "shoulds", and tend to ignore or dismiss discussions about' "what is" in favor of the "shoulds."

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My experience with INFPs is that they present an image of being laid back and relaxed, but are full of arbitrary rules. They also tend to think too much in terms of "shoulds", and tend to ignore or dismiss discussions about' "what is" in favor of the "shoulds."

I think us INFPs have a longer learning curve as pertains to cognitive development, on average. "We" get better with age. What type doesn't? If I had to guess I'd say that this happens once we've starting tackling Si, mid 20s to early 30s.

Standuble

This is the first time I have heard this. I am sceptical about this however. An INFP's use is ever questionable. If we were still out on the African savanna the INFPs would likely have all been eaten by predators by now.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wish I was an INFP.

This can be arranged. Surgery unnecessary, however there is a fee... and "we'd" want to make sure your vessel could handle "it", i.e. the INFP'ness If you are still interested please PM [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] and he will begin the screening process and set you upon the path. However I should warn you that the J to P transformation might be... painful...

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is the first time I have heard this. I am sceptical about this however. An INFP's use is ever questionable. If we were still out on the African savanna the INFPs would likely have all been eaten by predators by now.

I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and anyone who thinks I'm prey is in for a surprise :devil:

"The index finger is the greatest equalizer" ~ Spanky McFly

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If we were in a group on the savanna they could raise the morale of the group

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

lol that is funny.

I so wish I were a T person. Life would be so much EASIER!!!!
ENTJ seems like the best type, to me.

Standuble

lol that is funny.

I so wish I were a T person. Life would be so much EASIER!!!!
ENTJ seems like the best type, to me.

Agreed. I sometimes feel the desire to run my own business and use it to take over the world. If I were an ENTJ I could do it all in style and not feel exhausted/clueless about approaching the whole situation. INTJ has its appeal as well.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
There is no best type. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.