• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Is INFP the "perfect" type? - All hail the idiosyncratic dreamers of new worlds!

Is INFP the "perfect" type?

• Total voters

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There goes the INFJ trying to tell me what my motives are without examining their own. I laid bare my motives, hence any winky faces & spoiler text which explain I'm being cantankerous on purpose (and it was mostly a jab at myself). This is the common deflection INFJs use also... I've learned these conversations go nowhere. I can explain 100 times over what I meant, and they will insist it's something else so as to avoid dealing with the real issue.

I got that. I thought you saw the humor in my first post when you responded "didn't I convince you I was defective?” Or something along those lines. If you look back at that post you just quoted I added a winky face as well but I guess your winky faces and mine mean 2 different things?:shrug:. I'm surprised you took that seriously (If you did). The reasoning is so circular if it were meant to be a real argument you'd be able to tear it apart rather quickly. If you did (take it seriously). I apologize. If there is a larger issue here I am more than happy to discuss it with you. You however will have to tell me what that issue is because I was not aware there was one.

I don't know what people secretly think, but I observe how they act and what they say. I would see light protest at most (like when someone protests a compliment but seems to have expected it), with nothing being directly countered. There might be some "but this is at the cost of sacrificing myself!", the pain of being "too perfect".

The thread would then be diverted into examining the motives of the OP. No real dissection of the INFJ would be allowed.

This is observation more than prediction. It's a pattern. I can't help what other people do.

This kind of seems like double talk. You say it's an observation and not a prediction so that gives you the right to make what is seemingly a prediction because you can't control what people do. The end result is the same you are making some statement about the behavior of someone else without truly knowing. It really doesn’t matter whether you focus on motive, or anything else. I mean what is a prediction but an educated guess made based on some kind of observation. I'm not saying you’re wrong in your "observation" or wrong for analyzing what you observe. It just seems like you are giving yourself an excuse to do something you are seemingly against??:huh:

No, INFPs will not necessarily turn down praise nor are we incapable of bragging, etc. But it may only be accepted when "seen for who we are", warts and all. Or else it just doesn't have meaning. Because we (often) recognize people become enamored with fantasies. This thread is not all that flattering, then. I made that point when I noted that the INFP ego is not all that flattered by being told we're sweet & nice & stuff like that. Most simply don't know how to play to our egos.

That makes sense.:)

What better way is there to make a point?

Some would say logically lol :newwink:

Pointing out the irony is pretty much the same as "explaining a joke". I usually go the tragic route, and I thought I kept that flair here.

It didn't seem like others appreciated the joke so I thought I’d comment on your genius. ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you mean perfect or most able/willing to create the "perfect" future?
INFPs are, indeed, called "idealists", but not "the ideal" haha.

In my opinion, the best type at actualizing a maximized future is INTJ, with their focus on what will be, and their determination to see it happen.

But INFPs can imagine even better horizons yet than the more practical-minded INTJs, as those grand idealistic visions tend to transcend mundane restrictions!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
In my opinion, the best type at actualizing a maximized future is INTJ, with their focus on what will be, and their determination to see it happen.

But INFPs can imagine even better horizons yet than the more practical-minded INTJs, as those grand idealistic visions tend to transcend mundane restrictions!

Just stop.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do those same things. That is not "perfect." I don't think anyone is perfect. Everytype is best type.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted No. I wouldn't even wish upon bestowing my type to my worst enemy.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your "perfect" has an arbitrary definition. But these things are good when managed, yes.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Perfect type for being lazy and sitting on your ass all day.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been a little hard on INFPs here, so I'd like to apologize, I guess.

I do have conflicts with them because I tend to get very angry because it seems that they are asking for one thing from me, when in reality, they are asking for something else.

Here is an example regarding something that has been on my mind recently:

They will ask to get to the "root" of why something bothers me so that the conflict can get "resolved". Then when I recount the cause and effect of why I am bothered by something, they get upset for me bringing up the past, or being too misanthropic, or something. (Hell, they'll even ask for "examples" but how can I give an I don't know that this ever resolves the conflict, though. Then I get upset at the demands for "openness" that usually just end up being supplying them with excuses for why they are right and I am wrong. I don't even really care if they are right or whatever, but then I end up feeling that they are determined to not listen to me. I'm advertised an "honest discussion" that ends up not looking anything like that, and somehow, I'm always the one that causes the trouble. Usually it just makes the conflict more drawn out and uncomfortable, and both of us end up feeling worse. I've come to the conclusion that it's better to just not honor the demands for "openness".

Radical honesty is stupid. Some things aren't important enough to me to start an argument over. Every time someone does something annoying, do they really need to hear about it? Conflicts get resolved by apologies (admissions of responsiblity), affirmations (demonstrations of good faith) and compromises (on the part of both parties), not "openness". And you can't be so open with someone that you rule out the possibility of all future conflicts (I get the feeling that some of them expect that). That's not going to happen. You can't expect conflicts to go away just by talking about the issues and not doing anything about them, or just expecting only the other person to do something about them. They unilaterally decide that, having talked about them, the conflicts were "resolved" even though nobody changed their behavior.

I find this kind of thing to be maddening and infuriating. I'd rather just give a sincere apology and be done with it, or discuss possible actions in the future, rather than these tedious, never-ending discussions about "root causes".

When you aren't asking me to get to the "root" of something like that, you guys are ok.

Standuble

[MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION] Perhaps the only soul searching you need to do is to find out why you seek out INFPs in the first place. I can't imagine you really enjoy it from the sounds of things. Continuous Fi/Ti clashes sound exhausting.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION] Perhaps the only soul searching you need to do is to find out why you seek out INFPs in the first place. I can't imagine you really enjoy it from the sounds of things. Continuous Fi/Ti clashes sound exhausting.

I was in an LTR with one once, but I am not inclined to repeat that. However, my mom is one, so it comes up a lot. It's not really avoidable.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was in an LTR with one once, but I am not inclined to repeat that. However, my mom is one, so it comes up a lot. It's not really avoidable.

too late you incited the INFP hate. mass suicide thx

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perfect people don't exist, and neither do perfect types of people.

If perfect types of people existed, we should be seeing perfect people. Since no such thing exists, this is obviously not true.

Well, unless a type is something completely metaphysical.