User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is INFP the "perfect" type?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 28.00%
  • No

36 72.00%
First 78910 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I will allow this thread to proceed.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    There goes the INFJ trying to tell me what my motives are without examining their own. I laid bare my motives, hence any winky faces & spoiler text which explain I'm being cantankerous on purpose (and it was mostly a jab at myself). This is the common deflection INFJs use also... I've learned these conversations go nowhere. I can explain 100 times over what I meant, and they will insist it's something else so as to avoid dealing with the real issue.
    I got that. I thought you saw the humor in my first post when you responded "didn't I convince you I was defective?” Or something along those lines. If you look back at that post you just quoted I added a winky face as well but I guess your winky faces and mine mean 2 different things?. I'm surprised you took that seriously (If you did). The reasoning is so circular if it were meant to be a real argument you'd be able to tear it apart rather quickly. If you did (take it seriously). I apologize. If there is a larger issue here I am more than happy to discuss it with you. You however will have to tell me what that issue is because I was not aware there was one.

I don't know what people secretly think, but I observe how they act and what they say. I would see light protest at most (like when someone protests a compliment but seems to have expected it), with nothing being directly countered. There might be some "but this is at the cost of sacrificing myself!", the pain of being "too perfect".

The thread would then be diverted into examining the motives of the OP. No real dissection of the INFJ would be allowed.

This is observation more than prediction. It's a pattern. I can't help what other people do.
    This kind of seems like double talk. You say it's an observation and not a prediction so that gives you the right to make what is seemingly a prediction because you can't control what people do. The end result is the same you are making some statement about the behavior of someone else without truly knowing. It really doesn’t matter whether you focus on motive, or anything else. I mean what is a prediction but an educated guess made based on some kind of observation. I'm not saying you’re wrong in your "observation" or wrong for analyzing what you observe. It just seems like you are giving yourself an excuse to do something you are seemingly against??

No, INFPs will not necessarily turn down praise nor are we incapable of bragging, etc. But it may only be accepted when "seen for who we are", warts and all. Or else it just doesn't have meaning. Because we (often) recognize people become enamored with fantasies. This thread is not all that flattering, then. I made that point when I noted that the INFP ego is not all that flattered by being told we're sweet & nice & stuff like that. Most simply don't know how to play to our egos.
    That makes sense.

What better way is there to make a point?
    Some would say logically lol

Pointing out the irony is pretty much the same as "explaining a joke". I usually go the tragic route, and I thought I kept that flair here.
    It didn't seem like others appreciated the joke so I thought I’d comment on your genius.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Do you mean perfect or most able/willing to create the "perfect" future?
    INFPs are, indeed, called "idealists", but not "the ideal" haha.
    In my opinion, the best type at actualizing a maximized future is INTJ, with their focus on what will be, and their determination to see it happen.

But INFPs can imagine even better horizons yet than the more practical-minded INTJs, as those grand idealistic visions tend to transcend mundane restrictions!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    In my opinion, the best type at actualizing a maximized future is INTJ, with their focus on what will be, and their determination to see it happen.

But INFPs can imagine even better horizons yet than the more practical-minded INTJs, as those grand idealistic visions tend to transcend mundane restrictions!
    Just stop.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

ALL HAIL INFP MASTER RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    ALL HAIL INFP MASTER RACE
    Agreed. INFPs are just a little bit more human (and humane) than the other types.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE

Most creative relationships.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I do those same things. That is not "perfect." I don't think anyone is perfect. Everytype is best type.

You wanted to come fourteen years ago.
    I grew up.
    Don't worry, I'll soon fix that.

I found this on this forum would love if you clicked it. (: Seems fun.
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=rosiedrew

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I voted No. I wouldn't even wish upon bestowing my type to my worst enemy.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Your "perfect" has an arbitrary definition. But these things are good when managed, yes.
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1076083/platypus-o.gif
    7w6-4w5-9w1 sx/sp ISFP

Chaotic neutral~Accidental Slytherin
    Fi~Se~Ni~Te~Ne~Ti~Fe~Si

♪ "I'm like a bird, I shit on people's cars." ~ John Oliver