User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is INFP the "perfect" type?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 28.00%
  • No

36 72.00%
First 34567 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Nah, INFJ's are the perfect type. We do spend like 90% of our time striving for perfection.

But you guys are the second most perfectionistic. And if there is such a thing as a ranking (which I don't actually think) then they are up there.

Edit: *INTJ's are the third most perfectionistic.
    Wow..

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    If INFJs are the perfect type then why do you have to spend 90% of your time striving for it?
    Everyone starts out with an unconditional kind of perfection. Then people develop it into the conditional kind. I think INFPs' perfectionism is more narrowly focused.

Everyone starts out with an unconditional kind of perfection. Then people develop it into the conditional kind. I think INFPs' perfectionism is more narrowly focused.
    This doesn't answer my question...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

This doesn't answer my question...
    Well I was joking of course. I don't believe some types are better or worse than others.

But if I was to believe such a thing, this is how it would work: INFJ's start out with a basic level of virtue and good qualities which is at or above that of the others, and then spend the most time developing it, therefore reaching the highest level. And of course their strengths are better than all the others.

Edit: But I was taking the OP to mean (out of political correctness) asking about being perfectionistic, in which case it would go INFJ, INFP, INTJ.

Well I was joking of course. I don't believe some types are better or worse than others.

But if I was to believe such a thing, this is how it would work: INFJ's start out with a basic level of virtue and good qualities which is at or above that of the others, and then spend the most time developing it, therefore reaching the highest level. And of course their strengths are better than all the others.

Edit: But I was taking the OP to mean (out of political correctness) asking about being perfectionistic, in which case it would go INFJ, INFP, INTJ.
    Thanks for the answer (though in this case "virtue" and "good qualities" require definition and the notion that INFJs would automatically excel in them requires a degree of scrutiny).

My impression of RW's OP was that the INFP is simply the type which encompasses the areas he values the most - a perfect formula or perfect storm if you will. However the view is built from an individual desire and nothing else. In time his views may shift and so will his conclusion. In the end the INFP type never experienced any perfection, just a favouring opinion of their skills.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think you're awesome RW but its not reduceable to your type.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My impression of RW's OP was that the INFP is simply the type which encompasses the areas he values the most - a perfect formula or perfect storm if you will. However the view is built from an individual desire and nothing else. In time his views may shift and so will his conclusion. In the end the INFP type never experienced any perfection, just a favouring opinion of their skills.
    I actually value the "constructivist" NT approach over the "imaginative" NF one, as the former uses a system, and the latter uses a flow. I much prefer the idea of being a builder rather than a swimmer.

But hey, I made a pretty convinving argument for INFP being the best right?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think you're awesome RW but its not reduceable to your type.
    Yes, I'm well aware that people of any type have promise to do great things in different zones. But I've found that we often learn much from asking fool's questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I actually value the "constructivist" NT approach over the "imaginative" NF one, as the former uses a system, and the latter uses a flow. I much prefer the idea of being a builder rather than a swimmer.

But hey, I made a pretty convinving argument for INFP being the best right?
    NFs most certainly use systems also but I get what you are saying.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware that people of any type have promise to do great things in different zones. But I've found that we often learn much from asking fool's questions.
    I definitely think that you're a type apart, you remind me of how Gingko/Mistic Potato were when they were first posting on the forum years ago when I first visited. Though he seems to have changed a lot since then and I dont know if its all type related.