• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] The Verbal Fireworks of the ENFP

W

WALMART

The Constitution of the United States wasn't drafted until four years after the Treaty of Paris.

“If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone”

This man is the reason Jung finds Ne types uncommonly important to the world.

Also,

is all I could think about watching him talk.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Constitution of the United States wasn't drafted until four years after the Treaty of Paris.

“If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone”

This man is the reason Jung finds Ne types uncommonly important to the world.

Also,

is all I could think about watching him talk.

Omfg I just about died watching that lmao

That was perfect!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even if you forget the fact that not everyone is aware of these ideas. Are we really debating whether impassioned speech can make a difference, even if the content of the speech isn't completely brand new?

An INTJ's Conversation with Martin Luther King jr.

You had a dream? Look buddy, I went to Berkley. You know how many assholes have told they had a dream?

Blacks aren't being treated equally? Duh, thank you Captain Obvious, look at the all the people who rally around you, getting worked up about your over-idealistic blither-blather. All your emotional rhetoric is just muddying the search for truth. Oh yeah, let's all hold hands and sing we're free at last. You'd like that, wouldn't you, hippie?

Let freedom ring? How exactly? What does that even MEAN??? What specific action should we take to achieve systemic change? I'm hearing a lot of hopes, a lot of dreams, but what I'm not hearing are suggestions for concrete action.

You have no political knowledge, so why don't you go have a seat at the kids table. Adults are questing for truth here. I don't give a shit about your venting.

Now, before you jump all over me, I obviously don't think Russell Brand's interview is anywhere near as important to this speech. I am merely establishing that passionate speeches that don't say anything new, can change the world.

Something Brand and MLK do have in common, is that they believe that a great deal of a change has to come to within. And if you want to change people's beliefs and values, you can't just reason them out of it. It wasn't reason that created those beliefs in the first place. No, you have to access your emotions. You have to stir them up. You have to motivate them to change themselves.

Brand may be far less important, but he certainly has stirred people up in his own small way.

:hifive: :solidarity: :cheers:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
And, ftr, MLK has been one of my greatest heroes since I was a child.

Reading Letters from a Birmingham Jail my freshman year was one of the most important moments in my education.

Somebody else can tell you about who made the four people I wanted in a painting my ESFP ex was having made for me.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^Not to mention the sensor jab which looks like the equivalent of TypeC Racism.

Yeesh, I thought it was all a joke. If it's not... well, then, I'm disappointed. Everyone knows Z has flaws as do we all but I'd like to think better of him than that.

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] I want to thank you for articulating something that I've been trying to piece together and wrap my head around for ages. This thread has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride for me and I honestly did not see this coming. It tapped into an internal conflict which has been going on inside of me forever and bit by bit, with each enfp (and infp!) contribution, it is helped me lift the fog and finally sort this shit out. [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION], the same goes for your follow up on my previous post; it is nice to see this isn't just all in my head and I aint alone in this.

I'm glad I could contribute... your posts have really been resonating with me as well, and clarifying my own feelings too.

At least he is acknowledging what is wrong and saying we need to revamp the system. I don't think he can go any further than where has anyways because its not like he can speak for every citizen... [...]

Also going off what he is saying...not just one man/or the few elite should be putting out his views/ideas/solution but we need to have a more holistic approach...where multiple solutions are incorporated. Its time for people to wake up and do shit themselves..not let a select few run things and then we blame the select few for shit not working out..

I think this is so important. I think that's part of Brand's speech and action, both. He's the editor of this magazine because he has a voice and inherently he has the right to be able to comment and contribute and be heard. It doesn't matter that he's not formally educated, or that he doesn't have a watertight plan for change, or any other specific. He's a part of the human public, a citizen of the world, and as such he has the inherent right to contribute in shaping how the world is. We all do. The people in power disenfranchise the people who do not have power because if they don't, they'll lose their privileges. So that interviewer... he shoots Brand down with questions... he tries to convince people that Brand's voice is not one worth hearing because he doesn't vote, or he doesn't have the specifics of a plan put together, or whatever other particulars. It's a crazy little microcosm of what's going on in the greater world.

I'm not saying Brand is brilliant or Brand is the next MLK, but that's the whole point. He doesn't have to be anything to have the right to share his voice and not be silenced because someone with more power doesn't like what he has to say.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeesh, I thought it was all a joke. If it's not... well, then, I'm disappointed. Everyone knows Z has flaws as do we all but I'd like to think better of him than that.

I'm glad I could contribute... your posts have really been resonating with me as well, and clarifying my own feelings too.

I think this is so important. I think that's part of Brand's speech and action, both. He's the editor of this magazine because he has a voice and inherently he has the right to be able to comment and contribute and be heard. It doesn't matter that he's not formally educated, or that he doesn't have a watertight plan for change, or any other specific. He's a part of the human public, a citizen of the world, and as such he has the inherent right to contribute in shaping how the world is. We all do. The people in power disenfranchise the people who do not have power because if they don't, they'll lose their privileges. So that interviewer... he shoots Brand down with questions... he tries to convince people that Brand's voice is not one worth hearing because he doesn't vote, or he doesn't have the specifics of a plan put together, or whatever other particulars. It's a crazy little microcosm of what's going on in the greater world.

I'm not saying Brand is brilliant or Brand is the next MLK, but that's the whole point. He doesn't have to be anything to have the right to share his voice and not be silenced because someone with more power doesn't like what he has to say.
as usual I agree with what or saying here

Oh, no, I don't think he is the next mlk ppl

But really, I don't hear too many speak about the same subject matter in the same position he is in...

He has the right...just like anyone else...but he also has the resources...unlike others...

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: ^ ppl is supposed to be lol * (because my tablet hates me, and now my computer wont let me actually edit this either :dry:)

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Your signature is awesome.:thumbup: