User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Which is why I think ENFPs make better "vision leaders"

They can get people passionate about something, because ENFPs' passion can be very infectious. Their ability to get people motivated and amped about a cause or task at hand is one of their best strengths, in my opinion.

Just don't always expect them to know every little detail or have a solution immediately sketched out unless they've come prepared. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Obama might be ENFx. I'm not going to get political but I've noticed this in his leadership style. Sometimes in press conferences he stammers and takes time to process questions before he answers, leading and doesn't always have the most detailed or sketched out solution. I've noticed that he will then become very passionate and say something like, "look, I just want to make sure we can get insurance to as many people as possible..." or "I get letters every day from people like Ruth in Arkansas who lost her insurance when she got laid off and couldn't get new coverage because her diabetes was considered a preexisting condition yadda yadda etc"

You can tell healthcare and certain issues really burn a fire inside of him.

He typically leaves the details and planning to his cabinet, policy people, allies in congress, etc, so he can take the role of motivator and champion.

Just an observation

MBTI
    INTJ

Being a flag bearer is a great honor.

One can have opinions without solutions. Usually when it happens to me, i get bound by my ethical ideals that i might have between my choices.

Im not really the type to go; "hey there are too many people on this planet, lets modernize Auswitch"

The interviewer was cool i thought. Nice voice.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Triforce View Post
    "hey there are too many people on this planet, lets colonize Mars"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Like most of these types of interviews, the intent isn't to thoughtfully discuss a topic, it's a power play to see who can come out on top.

Russell Brand was in a position to BE trivialized, and frankly, I think he totally held his own - he succeeded in being himself, expressed himself with cogency, conviction and passion and wasn't bowed over by someone who could have potentially raked him over the coals for his lack of knowledge, experience and position.

And frankly, he is right in that the system is not working in an egalitarian way. The solutions are not readily apparent, but he deftly outlined why many people look at political process with such apathy.

It was great. Enjoyed that this morning.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    He wasn't pretending to have a plan. He was just speaking his mind and using his position in the public eye to share his fire inside with the world.
    And you know, it's worth noting that people WANT that fire. Most people can't generate enough passion in their daily living to exceed the programming we're all supposed to live our lives by. His passion is catchy. People will love this, and if it's not already, this clip will be sure to circulate in social media circles for a spell.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Russell Brand was in a position to BE trivialized, and frankly, I think he totally held his own - he succeeded in being himself, expressed himself with cogency, conviction and passion and wasn't bowed over by someone who could have potentially raked him over the coals for his lack of knowledge, experience and position.

And frankly, he is right in that the system is not working in an egalitarian way. The solutions are not readily apparent, but he deftly outlined why many people look at political process with such apathy.
    exactly. Just because he can't come up with an immediate solution doesn't mean he shouldn't draw attention to it.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

@Lyedecker @nicolita

I don't really disagree with what either of you have said.

The problem, though, is that ENFPs can just as well get people fired up about something that is ultimately damaging to the system as a whole (see: Che Guevara and modern-day Cuba) because they don't really know what they're talking about, or why the current system is the way it is, and how their proposed changes (if they actually have any) would actually make the system worse (usually they seem very *unaware* of the adverse side effects of the policies they would endorse).

That being said, as I said before, they can have their place, even when misguided.

Sometimes the expression of populist frustration is necessary for the system to right itself.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

You couldn't be more right, @Zarathustra

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Zarathustra, totally right. That's why they need those other types to balance them out. An unchecked ENFP on the loose can be a scary thing
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yeah. I think Hitler was an NF gone evil. Look at how he motivated and influenced people and got them fired up about doing generally naughty and shitty things. Bad eggs exist in every type.