Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default Too Fragile For Life

Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
    GIRL. YES. not specifically about the responsibility. i think being a J makes you crave responsibility, or at least, it does for me. however, on other issues, i am definitely looking around the world and wondering why i am way more sensitive to [insert issue x, y, or z here] than everyone else around me.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I've seen people get up off of the couch and thought, "How the hell do they do it?"
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I've seen people get up off of the couch and thought, "How the hell do they do it?"
    lol, yes. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

oh but sorry, in response to your question, nicolita, it is not your problem. i really mean it. we are born with vastly different innate skills and abilities, and true success is about getting to the optimal 'you.' it might sound cheesy but it's true. i was just thinking about a guy who has been a friend of mine for ten years - he is from a very wealthy family, he has the most tight-knit community of any person i've ever met, and he is truly brilliant (a doctor in training at stanford). he's very, very handsome. he's super popular. he has always had women throwing themselves at him from the day he set foot in college, all of whom he kindly turned down to focus on his studies. he has loving parents who would do anything to support him, but he doesn't need any help from anyone - so high is his potential - and to top it all off, he couldn't be a lovelier or more humble person. he and i were in different cliques in college so i didn't see him much, and i don't know why it never hit me before, but when i recently talked to him, it all struck me at once. if i compared myself to him talent-wise or if i compared what i was born with (in terms of both financial and social capital) with what he was born with, it would make me feel pretty inferior and unlucky. you have to judge yourself on a metric that has been designed to accommodate the circumstances of your life - capital, personality, talent, etc.

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    GOO
    Enneagram

Yea. I can relate. I needed to impose the responsibility of watching my kids onto someone else and I don't like burdening other people; I avoid situations that force me to do it! I don't want to impose that on anyone, I don't want to be in a position of criticism, and I don't want to rely on people who, quite frankly, I don't care to get to know. Not to mention, it feels frightening to be in a position of NEEDING something from someone ... So I confided in my ISTJ friend "I feel like too much of a pussy to have kids." His response " Well that's to bad." x.x Yea, I can appreciate the truth... but OUCH.

"The unconscious mind should be called the super-conconsious mind."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

your problem is weak Te and weak Si. Too lazy to read a book and too oblivious to know when its time to piss. lmao.

Just use your super Fi Ne charm and get other people to help you get dressed in the morning.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireCat View Post
    Yea. I can relate. I needed to impose the responsibility of watching my kids onto someone else and I don't like burdening other people; I avoid situations that force me to do it! I don't want to impose that on anyone, I don't want to be in a position of criticism, and I don't want to rely on people who, quite frankly, I don't care to get to know. Not to mention, it feels frightening to be in a position of NEEDING something from someone ... So I confided in my ISTJ friend "I feel like too much of a pussy to have kids." His response " Well that's to bad." x.x Yea, I can appreciate the truth... but OUCH.

Aw I for sure relate. That ISTJ doesn't get it man. He's wired for that kinda stuff. I don't have kids yet, and am reeeeally afraid to because of exactly what you said. I really feel like I'm just way too big of a pussy for that! I also *hate* the feeling of like needing others and relying on them, so I get your dilemma. I mean I think I could do real life, like part time. But this full time business is just too much!

Like @Honor said, we all have different skills and strengths. I feel like people like us (major pussies) have so much more to offer than hack-job adult responsibility juggling. Wanna run away to Never Never Land? I'm thinking about getting a time share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    your problem is weak Te and weak Si. Too lazy to read a book and too oblivious to know when its time to piss. lmao.

Just use your super Fi Ne charm and get other people to help you get dressed in the morning.
    LMAO! You're actually right! Definitely about weak Si. My Te is strong, but I just have no desire to apply it to these kinda of things. You should see me plan a party though. My Te is all over that shit.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Aw I for sure relate. That ISTJ doesn't get it man. He's wired for that kinda stuff. I don't have kids yet, and am reeeeally afraid to because of exactly what you said. I really feel like I'm just way too big of a pussy for that! I also *hate* the feeling of like needing others and relying on them, so I get your dilemma. I mean I think I could do real life, like part time. But this full time business is just too much!

Like @Honor said, we all have different skills and strengths. I feel like people like us (major pussies) have so much more to offer than hack-job adult responsibility juggling. Wanna run away to Never Never Land? I'm thinking about getting a time share.
    EXACTLY. This paragraph you have just written demonstrates an escape from the heteronormative time and space continuum that we all been made to internalize, as we discussed in my philosophy classes. Before many inventions of modern times (including our economic system), our lives were not defined around our education, trade, and salaries, as they now are. Think about what people have been valued for in other ages of the world. It's so interesting, though, that most people don't think to or aren't able to define that for themselves and simply have to accept what they are taught is valuable and what is not. Especially when most of it is so twisted.