User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I thought I could do it all until I essentially had a nervous breakdown. What a wake up call. Now I make less money and do less work but I prioritize my family first and my sanity. Doing everything else is secondary.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    I thought I could do it all until I essentially had a nervous breakdown. What a wake up call. Now I make less money and do less work but I prioritize my family first and my sanity. Doing everything else is secondary.
    Totally see myself taking that route too. I was nervous about like supporting myself and wanted a job that paid well, but it's just not worth it. Thanks for sharin the ENFP wisdom sista!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Totally see myself taking that route too. I was nervous about like supporting myself and wanted a job that paid well, but it's just not worth it. Thanks for sharin the ENFP wisdom sista!
    I still stress about money arrrrgh. But I focused on career for SOOO long. Sick of the fakey people and the rat race. I have sacrificed material things- but honestly- my peace of mind and being able to be there for my children at the drop of a hat (which it seems there is always something I'm needed for there) is more impt. Follow your heart- and remember- it's OK to take care of yourself!!
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I wouldn't say I'm "too fragile", but maybe "too lazy". It's hard for me to tell. I've been chronically ill for a number of years and it's getting to the point that I can't remember the way that I used to be. But I think so. I seem to remember having always had a problem with inertia.

I think the Responsibility Chart posted by @Saturned covers it all. At least as far as domestic labor and other boring stuff go (I'm remotely competent at work).

It IS a hard life, so please don't knock yourself for it.

I do fairly well in my 'responsibilities' (I don't see them that way - I simply term them the more neutral and less annoying "life tasks"). I have found that these have helped in dealing with them.

- Seek help, whether it's from a family member, a friend or an organisation that helps young people sort through their finances, for example.
    - Talk to someone. When you feel overwhelmed by them, speak to someone about it. I talked to a good friend of mine the other day and we agreed that growing up and having adult responsibilities were overwhelming.
    - Try practicing mindfulness, deep breathing and take care of your sleep and nutrition. A calm, mindful mind will help you to focus on the daily tasks without being overwhelmed by them.

I am an INFP, who's learned to balance her functions, so I understand that it is difficult at first. Growing up and doing the adult thing are something I am constantly learning from.

Also, it would be much easier if you trim your responsibilities.

For example, I make sure I clearly remember my values at all times, and what kind of life I wanna lead, so that leads to knowing what I should be responsible in and what not to be in.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
    I can relate and it sucks. I suck at even taking care of myself a lot of the time. My words probably don't have much merit since I'm still just a college froshie but having a responsibility to take care of yourself, make and go to appointments, pay bills, actually pay attention to how much money is being spent, etc all sucks and makes life not as beautiful as we actually see it. Just keep reminding yourself you still have a lot to get from life and you're not gonna go down without a fight. There's plenty more of the world to be explored and much more from life to discover. There's endless possibilities awaiting in everyone's future so let that motivate you and inspire you to push through the obstacles life throws your way.

Edit: woop woop, 700th post.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

your resident asshole

See...I dunno. Whenever I see stuff like this on the Internet everyone relates. It seems like at least half of the population is like this, so why don't we let others know? Why do we all put on acts like everything is just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    See...I dunno. Whenever I see stuff like this on the Internet everyone relates. It seems like at least half of the population is like this, so why don't we let others know? Why do we all put on acts like everything is just fine?
    Yes why?

Someone something said that I liked is that we often compare our own "behind the scenes" to other people's "highlight reels" and it's just not analogous.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

This is really my issue...I know I don't do much and others seem to do way more then me, but I feel like it's too much on me anyway. And then I usually feel super guilty about how lazy I am, but I am too lazy to do something about it..