User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I feel that way all the time or I did when I let myself. It only made it worse, so now I just do the best I can and cover the necessities and if I don't get everything done that other people seem to be doing, well, I have a peaceful life and that's worth something. Most of that shit isn't going anywhere, anyway. It'll all be there waiting when I feel up to dealing with it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
    Thank god for my helper monkey, Mojo. Without him I would not have enough energy to get a single thing done. Like, "Hey Mojo, go PM that nice person on Typology for me please!" or "YO STUPID MONKEY I WANT CHIPS AND SALSA NOT CHIPS AND SALT!" Etc.

Also there is this chart that I refer to:

Most of my life is spent in a state of agitation balking at how much of a wizard I am supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
    It's all a game. Don't take it seriously.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

While I can be oversensitive sometimes, I'd say my issue more is that I'm not serious enough. I aspire to be a jester, a Doc Brown, maybe a Yoda, but I seem to need stability that doesn't really come with those things. I retreat from chaos, rather than embrace it. Perhaps I could train myself to embrace it, though, and maybe even create order out of it.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I have hypersensitivity issues - they are as intense now as they were when I was five years old. Fortunately frequency has decreased (if only a little.) It's like some bastard zapping you with a taser. It has trolled the fuck out of me many a time. When I do not feel the sensitivity I can take any criticism no matter how powerful or blunt. One touch of sensitivity and a structure I see as legitimately strong and stable falters and fails and brings up a dust cloud of intrusive thought. So many avenues are not appealing to me (when they otherwise would be) because of these moments.

I am too fragile for life. Outside of personal space I desire autonomy, power and control to ensure these issues do not keep causing my sensitivity to fire off.

I can sort of relate, @nicolita, although my problem is more that I feel like I just never have any energy or motivation to devote to myself. I put so much into being a good husband and father that when I finally have personal time, I just want to use it unproductively to vegetate in front of the TV or on the internet. I devote so much of my Mind to stressing and figuring out how to take care of my loved ones that it drains my ability to have any sort of meaningful intellectual thought anymore. I never want to write anymore and my guitar just sits in a corner collecting dust. Sorry to whine about my problems in a thread about your issues, just trying to empathize (and doing a shitty job).

This is so fucking cliche to say, but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Jesus I can't believe I typed that hallmark card bullshit, but I think its true. You're a smart, insightful chick. Being an NFP, you may often feel a little out of touch and beaten down by the world, but your ability to deeply care and relate to others and to be a caretaker more than makes up for whatever weaknesses you may have.

I can sort of relate, @nicolita, although my problem is more that I feel like I just never have any energy or motivation to devote to myself. I put so much into being a good husband and father that when I finally have personal time, I just want to use it unproductively to vegetate in front of the TV or on the internet. I devote so much of my Mind to stressing and figuring out how to take care of my loved ones that it drains my ability to have any sort of meaningful intellectual thought anymore. I never want to write anymore and my guitar just sits in a corner collecting dust. Sorry to whine about my problems in a thread about your issues, just trying to empathize (and doing a shitty job).

This is so fucking cliche to say, but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Jesus I can't believe I typed that hallmark card bullshit, but I think its true. You're a smart, insightful chick. Being an NFP, you may often feel a little out of touch and beaten down by the world, but your ability to deeply care and relate to others and to be a caretaker more than makes up for whatever weaknesses you may have.

fucking double posting

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Yes, but then I have discovered things that I am completely hard to that cause others grief.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Thank god for my helper monkey, Mojo. Without him I would not have enough energy to get a single thing done. Like, "Hey Mojo, go PM that nice person on Typology for me please!" or "YO STUPID MONKEY I WANT CHIPS AND SALSA NOT CHIPS AND SALT!" Etc.

Also there is this chart that I refer to:

Most of my life is spent in a state of agitation balking at how much of a wizard I am supposed to be.
    LOL! This chart is beautiful. So good
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.