• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] I love INFJs

momoness

Dear INFJs,
I am an INFP and only God knows how much I appreciate you. While you are private and can blow hot and cold sometimes, I find your warmth, when you choose to show it, endearing. You are a sensitive soul, and while you are quiet, you have a depth that most others don't see. I love your insights. I have an INFJ mentor who is an academic in a local university. Whenever I speak to her, I am blown away by new insights. It feels like she has just forced me to reevaluate - in a gentle, inspiring, way of course - my worldview. She was there for me when I was having depression, and checked up on me occasionally. I find it endearing that she gets flattered yet embarrassed by my praises. And recently I met another INFJ. Also an academic, she encourages me to continue writing the opinion articles which I have been writing. They both see in me something special and it's really amazing to be seen by someone, especially when your SJ parents do not understand you.

If you are an INFJ, know that there are people who love you. I am sorry, though, that the world has been so harsh to you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everybody likes us, but nobody can show it right. Haha. For me I just like responses. :)

Emerald Rain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yea, some infjs might hate compliments/praise..just saying

My mom is an xsfj but I still love her.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, what's the deal with that anyway?

i can't say i hate it, but it makes me very uneasy.

Yeah, they don't seem genuine to me I believe. It's only in the hardest times when it actually seems nice. :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you [MENTION=15042]momoness[/MENTION]. Don't feel sad or sorry for us; remember that a harsh world is only a challenge to an INFJ and while we may appear fragile, because many of us have a gentle demeanor, we are anything but...we are really soldiers in disguise. The harsh world is but a distraction from our true intents and purposes and simply something to overcome along the road of life. Remember also the quote from St. Francis, "Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." [or something very similar to that.]

As for compliments, when someone compliments me I simply say thank you. I feel that to pretend I don't deserve it reaks of false humility and to pretend that I do smacks of arrogance. I see false humility as warped pride and arrogance as a waste of time. Therefore, a simple and sincere thank you, seems like the best response.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! Lots of people love INFP's too.

I really like that quote, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION].

I take a harsh world as a challenge as well, to test me and see what I'm made of. (I don't really view it as such though, just occasionally annoying. I think people are far more cruel to each other than the world is difficult.)

As for compliments, my first reaction is to see whether I think it is true. If so I'll say thank you, and if I don't agree I'll say so- but I've learned that's maybe not the best thing to do. I like them, personally.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Thank you [MENTION=15042]momoness[/MENTION]. Don't feel sad or sorry for us; remember that a harsh world is only a challenge to an INFJ and while we may appear fragile, because many of us have a gentle demeanor, we are anything but...we are really soldiers in disguise. The harsh world is but a distraction from our true intents and purposes and simply something to overcome along the road of life. Remember also the quote from St. Francis, "Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." [or something very similar to that.]

As for compliments, when someone compliments me I simply say thank you. I feel that to pretend I don't deserve it reaks of false humility and to pretend that I do smacks of arrogance. I see false humility as warped pride and arrogance as a waste of time. Therefore, a simple and sincere thank you, seems like the best response.

Perfect. I usually make a bashful face in such instances or sometimes blush. Gratefulness is a very powerful emotion, specifically linked to happiness.

Dear INFJs,
I am an INFP and only God knows how much I appreciate you. While you are private and can blow hot and cold sometimes, I find your warmth, when you choose to show it, endearing. You are a sensitive soul, and while you are quiet, you have a depth that most others don't see. I love your insights. I have an INFJ mentor who is an academic in a local university. Whenever I speak to her, I am blown away by new insights. It feels like she has just forced me to reevaluate - in a gentle, inspiring, way of course - my worldview. She was there for me when I was having depression, and checked up on me occasionally. I find it endearing that she gets flattered yet embarrassed by my praises. And recently I met another INFJ. Also an academic, she encourages me to continue writing the opinion articles which I have been writing. They both see in me something special and it's really amazing to be seen by someone, especially when your SJ parents do not understand you.

If you are an INFJ, know that there are people who love you. I am sorry, though, that the world has been so harsh to you.

I appreciate the kind gesture, particularly because my professors have been a source of strength and vulnerability for me as well. I have a younger INFP cousin who often keeps to herself… though one instance when I was being punished for taking the blame for my sister, she quietly grabbed my hand as we were all walking down Universal's. It was the most heartening sentiment that I didn’t know I needed.

momoness

I am glad that my post received positive replies [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18346]LittleV[/MENTION]. To the skeptical INFJs, I didn't have the intention to be non-genuine. :)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I so much relate to this thread! INFJs are really awesome, deep people with empathy and understanding like you can't find in any other type. :wubbie: